Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

The Most Unforgettable Summer Of My Life

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The firm culture: the people at Moss Adams actually care about getting to know you. The partners, managers and staff care about your career development and they care about your overall experience as an intern.

- Learning about the profession: as an intern you are treated as first-year staff and get learn the fundamentals of audits and reviews for many sections of the financial statements including Cash, A/P, Fixed Assets, etc.. Some sections are challenging but staff is always there and ready to help!

- The social activities: interns have the opportunity to expand their professional network on trips to Disneyland and Catalina Island with the firm, training at Huntington Beach and Partner Dinners and BBQ's all around L.A.

- My intern class: I walked in to the office on my first day with 12 strangers that over the past 8 weeks have become some of my best friends.

- LA Traffic. It comes with living in the city.

- Work hard in school, do your research on the firm before Meet the Firms/interviews and just be yourself!

Memorable and exceptional experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know fellow employees/interns. Also learning about los angeles' business processes

The traffic

Be yourself and be able to have a mature conversation with interviewers. It is not all about the qualifications but your personality and how well you can get along with the employees and interns.

Advice to Management

Not much, Moss Adams did a great job with everything. I would say allowing interns to work overtime.

The experience of a lifetime!

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real hands on experience and building strong professional connections with employees and fellow interns.

I liked everything about the internship, I honestly cannot think of something I disliked.

If you are looking for an employer that values the work of its employees and helps them reach their highest potential by providing valuable resources, then Moss Adams is definitely a firm you want to consider.

What interested you into applying to our firm? What made you interested in the audit practice? There were some behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and work ethic.

Exciting

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work with a variety of people. All of whom were helpful, encouraging, and fun to be around.

There was more downtime than I expected.

Moss Adams is not just about working hard. It is also about working as a team, getting to know your coworkers (both in and out of the office), and continually developing your skills. If you want to go far in auditng, Moss Adams will help you get there.

During the second round interviews the "questions" were meant to get an idea of your personality. There would be a routine question or two, like "why did you choose accounting," but the bulk of the interview was a short conversation.

Fun, Educational, & Rewarding

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do hands on work.

Sometimes not knowing why I was doing certain aspects of the project.

This is a great organization with great people which has a lot of opportunity to advance in your career.

Doing real work while becoming familiar with the people and practices of Moss Adams

Irvine, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, pay, work

evaluations

ask lots of questions

Travel and learning experiences abound.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the people you work with.

The periods of time where I didn't have anything to do.

Always be trying to find work.

Moss Adams: Gaining the Full Tax Experience (And Then Some!)

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the work, and the many firm events

Not having enough work to always feel busy, and that it couldn't last longer

Don't pick a firm based solely on its reputation; make sure to find the right fit for you and don't let people sway you into a choice that may not be best.

Tell me about yourself.

Tell me about a challenge you have faced on a team and how you handled it.

Amazing People, Amazing Company

Irvine, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved all of the different people I was able to meet and the network I built

There was a lot of traveling involved

Be open to meeting different types of people with different work habits

Extra curricular activities, why I chose to interview with the company, etc.

Advice to Management

N/A

Impact: Moss Adams interns add value to clients and the community

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect is that interns have direct impact. I got to prepare whole returns that went directly to the client after being reviewed by another staff and a partner. Being part of that team delivering such a tangible service is a very rewarding feeling.

I wish the internship could have lasted longer, but I realize that it couldn't start any earlier without excluding some colleges' students.

The people at Moss Adams really are as great as the people you meet on campus. Also, don't shy away from the smaller size of the firm because the breadth of experience you will get is so much greater at first and you will get to decide where your career goes, which will be much more valuable 10 years into your career because you will be personally invested in and passionate about your work.