Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Moss Adams Internship was an Amazing Experience for All Involved
Costa Mesa, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the hands on experience meeting with clients and actually doing the work.

Lack of networking events.

Moss Adams really cares about its people and tries to make everyone enjoy working there.

Summer full of learning
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people I worked with and the way they took time to teach me

nothing i can think of

it's a smaller firm so everyone knows everyones, but not too small

Great experience with great people. It helped understand what public accounting is.
Irvine, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were welcomed like full-time staff, and not like interns just passing.

It was too short.

If it is hte right firm size for you, it is a great place to work. Recommanded!!

The most information I've learned in the shortest period of time
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the opportunities, the continual learning, the networking, the pay, the communication, the interaction between different staff levels

the confusion about which hours should be charged, the lack of work in the beginning, the length (would have preferred 10+ weeks over 8)

Moss Adams is very accomodating to your office preference and personal schedule. Forum W allows you to have an alternative work schedule for when you are planning to start a family or have other obligations. It creates a work/life balance that is essential for any career. Some of the partners even shared with us their daily stress relievers such as working out, hiking, and listening to music. The firm allows YOU to decide when you think a promotion is in store and you are essentially competing againt yourself, rather than your fellow employees for a position.

Advice to Management

I feel that the training in Anaheim could have been more useful- I would have preferred to spend more time on the tax returns and programs rather than the outside activities. I understand that it is important to network, but I feel that the training aspect of it was lacking a bit.

Enjoy a summer in beautiful downtown Portland working alongside smart, motivated individuals who want to help you learn and be successful.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning curve was immense, the location is perfect, the people are helpful and fun to work with, and the office is beautiful.

It was very tax heavy, which was fine, but I really wish there had been more audit work to do.

This is a growth firm that prides itself on a set of values they believe maximizes the firm's potential at promoting it's professionals and serving it's clients. I've found that this is something I cannot get from a big four firm, a small firm, or any other that I had interest in during recruitment. I was impressed that Moss Adams recruits students based on the firm's values, rather than just showing off with nice dinners and fancy offices.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have had some more in office support during the service projects because I appreciated being able to engage with staff on more than just work related things and the service projects are a huge opportunity to do that.

Also, I really want to do audit and six weeks into doing work I have done almost nothing audit related.

An internship at Moss Adams provides an accurate reflection of life as a full-time staff.
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quantity and quality of work, people, # of industries I was exposed to

I'm not sure if this is reasonable, but the intern training could include more technical coverage (e.g. ACL).

Please see "internship experience with a headline" answer above. An intern at MA doesn't just scan and grab coffee for the full-time staff.

Public Accounting Assumes Your Intelligent and Throws You In the Deep End
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

actually working on returns and reviews/audits. the interns weren't given lesser tasks, we were treated as if we were first year staff.

towards the end, some of the work load slowed down.

get to know the staff and stay in contact

Great Learning Experience about World of Accounting World and Moss Adams
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the ability to learn about the world of accounting

There isn't anything that I really didn't like

Work really hard in recruiting to find a firm that fits you because getting an internship is the best way to learn about a firm.

Moss Adams: Best Career Decision Ever
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The buddy/mentor system was incredibly helpful. I had never done much of the work required of me and people were so willing to help it made me far less stressed out than I would have been had they not been there to ask questions of.

Not every intern was exposed equally to the audit and tax side of the internship.

The culture of Moss Adams is great, and the work that is done is something you can become passionate about. The fact that Moss Adams is growing an there is so much more room for growth makes it an exciting accounting firm to be apart of.

Advice to Management

I think what is in place now is great. Making sure people are aware of the options that Moss has to offer, we provide a whole experince not just audit and tax work.

A great learning experience in a fun and enjoyable environment
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture, realy work experience.

Did not get to see an audit from beginning to end.

Moss Adams is a great place to work. It is a very inviting culture. There are also amazing professionals here who do great work.