Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Travel and learning experiences abound.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the people you work with.

The periods of time where I didn't have anything to do.

Always be trying to find work.

Moss Adams: Gaining the Full Tax Experience (And Then Some!)

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the work, and the many firm events

Not having enough work to always feel busy, and that it couldn't last longer

Don't pick a firm based solely on its reputation; make sure to find the right fit for you and don't let people sway you into a choice that may not be best.

Tell me about yourself.

Tell me about a challenge you have faced on a team and how you handled it.

Moss Adams sends Interns to Disneyland

Stockton, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was nice getting real experience by doing staff level work with the clients instead of just clerical things.

Being unassigned made it difficult to find work.

Moss Adams offers all the accounting functions to clients.

Impact: Moss Adams interns add value to clients and the community

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect is that interns have direct impact. I got to prepare whole returns that went directly to the client after being reviewed by another staff and a partner. Being part of that team delivering such a tangible service is a very rewarding feeling.

I wish the internship could have lasted longer, but I realize that it couldn't start any earlier without excluding some colleges' students.

The people at Moss Adams really are as great as the people you meet on campus. Also, don't shy away from the smaller size of the firm because the breadth of experience you will get is so much greater at first and you will get to decide where your career goes, which will be much more valuable 10 years into your career because you will be personally invested in and passionate about your work.

Shannon getting her feet wet and really experiencing life as a MA staff

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

actually getting into audits, going to the client, not just doing busy work

we did not get as many reviews as I hoped. Maybe give an evaluation once a week so we can learn and grow from it

MA knows how to get and keep people. MA wants you to love to work, not HAVE to work.

Advice to Management

Maybe do more intensive hands on training. Felt very uneasy going to my first client.

Great mentor/buddy program that provided solid career advising

Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people, culture, and work place environment. The FT employees are more than willing to give you any advice need and take a genuine interest in your career.

I wish I spent more time with my career advisor, I did not meet with her once.

Start right away connecting with the FT employees of the office and try to find a mentor on your own. That person is a valuable resource that I continue to use even after the internship has ended.

What culture are looking for in a firm?

Advice to Management

N/A

Amazing People, Amazing Company

Irvine, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved all of the different people I was able to meet and the network I built

There was a lot of traveling involved

Be open to meeting different types of people with different work habits

Extra curricular activities, why I chose to interview with the company, etc.

Advice to Management

N/A

Memorable and exceptional experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know fellow employees/interns. Also learning about los angeles' business processes

The traffic

Be yourself and be able to have a mature conversation with interviewers. It is not all about the qualifications but your personality and how well you can get along with the employees and interns.

Advice to Management

Not much, Moss Adams did a great job with everything. I would say allowing interns to work overtime.

I enjoyed working with a wonderful group of audit professionals in a friendly and encouraging environment.

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of the internship were the people I met. I met so many kind people at the office. I enjoyed being around such positive and encouraging people. Another highlight was working on real audits and going to fieldwork. It was exciting to use what I had learned and see the finished product of an audit.

I enjoyed my internship thoroughly. I only wish I could have stayed longer but I had to go back to school.

Moss Adams is nice place to work and the people there are friendly and professional. They want you to succeed and they will help you perform well.

Why do you want to work for us as opposed to a big four firm?

Why did you choose audit as opposed to tax?

The Most Unforgettable Summer Of My Life

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The firm culture: the people at Moss Adams actually care about getting to know you. The partners, managers and staff care about your career development and they care about your overall experience as an intern.

- Learning about the profession: as an intern you are treated as first-year staff and get learn the fundamentals of audits and reviews for many sections of the financial statements including Cash, A/P, Fixed Assets, etc.. Some sections are challenging but staff is always there and ready to help!

- The social activities: interns have the opportunity to expand their professional network on trips to Disneyland and Catalina Island with the firm, training at Huntington Beach and Partner Dinners and BBQ's all around L.A.

- My intern class: I walked in to the office on my first day with 12 strangers that over the past 8 weeks have become some of my best friends.

- LA Traffic. It comes with living in the city.

- Work hard in school, do your research on the firm before Meet the Firms/interviews and just be yourself!