Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Great learning experience, challenged me to become more comfortable with relating to professionals, especially coming from the college scene
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the firm, learning more about what the field/work-life is like, people I worked with, fun activities.

This was a rarity, but a small minority of people seemed disinterested or annoyed by questions or intern presence. They may just have been busy, but just was one thing that was sometimes harder

Aittitude is key. You will get more out of it if you put more into it. This firm offers the resources, experience, and reputation of a biger firm, but also can have a feel of a smaller firm.

Advice to Management

The nature of public accounting is that hours will sometimes be long, and work will be hard. Even though I did not encounter long hours during my internship, I can see that once long hours do come down the line, the ability to have autonomy in my work will be very important to my success and satisfaction. For example, being able to work some of the extra hours at home would be valuable. I hope the firm knows that I will get my work done in a timely manner, but it would be also nice to know that I have the ability to sometimes get it done in a flexible location at a flexible time.

Open and honest employees who care about your well being and development.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the ability to work with various individuals in the office. I really appreciated all of their opennnes to our learning and their ability to give us work which was stimulating and challenging.

I did not like all of the partner dinners that we had to drive very far to. I was hard as an audit intern to drive very far away to dinner.

I think Moss Adams is a great place to work. From other people that I have heard from, working at the big 4 is like a meath grinder. Chew you up and spit you out. At Moss Adams, you arent working with as big of companies, but because you are on a smaller team, you are assigned more duties and are exposed to working with different accounts and other aspects of the audit.

Advice to Management

I don't think there is anything specific. I had a wonderful experience at Moss Adams.

Fantastic culture meets intriguing client base- MOSS ADAMS!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the face time that I was able to spend with clients (on location). The opportunity to work with various groups within the consulting groups within the firm was also fantastic.

Scheduling work for at least 3-4 weeks per intern would have been great. However, I learned a lot about the firm and its professionals by have to solicit people for work!

1.) Show up on time. 2.) Be yourself. If you find the work you do at Moss is intriguing and enjoy the company of other professionals at the firm it will show, and you'll have a great experience.

A Very Productiive Summer: My internship experience was definitely a steep learning curve.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Team work environment: I really liked the work environment, my colleagues were fun to work with and the day goes by quickly. -- Interaction with clients: I didn't know I could interact with clients in a professional manner before this internship. I appreciate the exposure and what I learned about myself.
- The practicality of the assignments: the assignments are real life assignments.

- Hours waiting in traffic.
- Sometimes the limitations concerning how to ask questions when previous explanations are still a little vague can be difficult to manage.

- During your internship, make sure you use the time that you are not assigned very wisely. Spend that time doing some kind of accounting work rather than helping with administrative work.
- Make sure you have internet access outside the office so that you can go over training materials until you master them.
- Make sure you evaluate your time while working on an engagement, and don't be afraid to communicate if you feel you will not be able to finish your tasks on time. You may feel like you can finish, but time goes by quickly when you are doing something for the first time. It's better you communicate that for the sake of the engagement than to try to impress.
- There is no trade off between accuracy and time management. Try to work as fast as you can with as much accuracy as possible. Try not to work overtime.
- Learn Excel Through and through.
- Know that you are required to perform MORE then expected, and don't be satisfied with your work.
-Rate yourself as low as possible, and respect everyone.
-Check you email every morning, afternoon and night.
-Finally, make sure you take enough rest after work so that you don't show up to work tired.

Advice to Management

- Maybe improving mentoring during the internship program.

A truly invaluable experience that assisted me in making important career decisions for myself.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the work, the opportunities that I received and overwhelming amount that I was able to learn in such a short time.

I wanted to stay longer!

Don't be afraid to ask questions because you aren't expected to know everything. Write everything down and be a sponge ready to learn whatever comes your way.

Advice to Management

I would say everything was great and above my expectations. Maybe a more organized training for the tax portion of the internship.

Fun, laid back, and friendly
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people in the firm were very friendly, helpful and I really enjoyed the opportunity to network and meet various people in the firm.

No specified or structured projects

The internship is a great opportunity to meet lots of people and get a feel for the culture however the interns don't really get much of an opportunity to do actual work, it's mainly just whatever small tasks the staff can come up with.

Career focused training
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Managers are always available to help, you can network at all levels if the firm.

There were not any outstanding negative factors.

It is a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

A great place to work.

Student gains valuable audit experience while making lasting memories.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone at Moss Adams was very friendly and eager to help me. If I ever had a question about a process or what the next step in the audit was, I felt comfortable asking anyone and everyone. They made me feel like one of the team right away.

I wish I would have been able to travel (overnight). A couple of weeks I went to client places of business, but it would have been more interesting if I would have experienced more client visits.

The culture at Moss Adams is fantastic. You get to learn a lot in a very short amount of time, but everyone has been in your shoes at one point and is quick to help. They want you to succeed.

The perfect fit for me!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and opportunity to learn and grow as a professional.

The summer internship was slow at times and there was not always work for us. While this understandable,maybe it could be mitigated a little more in the future.

Moss Adams' people and culture are what make them a unique and satisfying place to work for.

You don't just gain valueable experience - Its a once in a lifetime experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know other people that have worked in public accounting while learning the procedures.

There was no one person in charge and sometimes there was not enough work. It was hard to know who I should report to or let know if I had nothing to work on.

Ask questions about what is the overall task and purpose of what you are doing when learning how to perform something. Also learn about the other things that MA does besides tax and audit.

Advice to Management

Have a little more interaction between the audit and tax departments.