Moss Adams LLP Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Moss Adams values their interns.

I was treated the same as full time staff. This allowed me to get practical experience. The regional intern training program was fun and educational. There were also casual events outside of work which were great for getting to know everyone.

I had to temporarily relocate.

Interact with as many accounting firms as possible. This way you can understand what it is that makes each unique, and whether or not you will be comfortable working there.

Moss Adams

Working on the intern team charity project, learning how the software works and more about taxes, the people at Moss Adams (especially Buddies and Career Advisors)

Waiting for work to come in

The most important thing is to be social and a good communicator. Ask questions, chat with others when timely, smile and say "hi" to those you see.

Date: 2013

Enjoy a summer in beautiful downtown Portland working alongside smart, motivated individuals who want to help you learn and be successful.

The learning curve was immense, the location is perfect, the people are helpful and fun to work with, and the office is beautiful.

It was very tax heavy, which was fine, but I really wish there had been more audit work to do.

This is a growth firm that prides itself on a set of values they believe maximizes the firm's potential at promoting it's professionals and serving it's clients. I've found that this is something I cannot get from a big four firm, a small firm, or any other that I had interest in during recruitment. I was impressed that Moss Adams recruits students based on the firm's values, rather than just showing off with nice dinners and fancy offices.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have had some more in office support during the service projects because I appreciated being able to engage with staff on more than just work related things and the service projects are a huge opportunity to do that. Also, I really want to do audit and six weeks into doing work I have done almost nothing audit related.

Outstanding Internship with Promising Future Career

The people were so great to work with. All of the staff were always willing to teach me new skills or answer questions. They made me feel like I was a valuable part of the team and worth their investment of time

Uncertainty of whether I would get a job at the end or not, and uncertainty about what I was supposed to be doing all the time.

Give it a chance. I was a little nervous coming in because I didn't know anyone but I went in with an open mind and it totally worked out.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear about what interns are supposed to be working on if no specific projects are assigned.

Date: 2013

Great experience with great people. It helped understand what public accounting is.

We were welcomed like full-time staff, and not like interns just passing.

It was too short.

If it is hte right firm size for you, it is a great place to work. Recommanded!!

Date: 2013

The most information I've learned in the shortest period of time

the people, the opportunities, the continual learning, the networking, the pay, the communication, the interaction between different staff levels

the confusion about which hours should be charged, the lack of work in the beginning, the length (would have preferred 10+ weeks over 8)

Moss Adams is very accomodating to your office preference and personal schedule. Forum W allows you to have an alternative work schedule for when you are planning to start a family or have other obligations. It creates a work/life balance that is essential for any career. Some of the partners even shared with us their daily stress relievers such as working out, hiking, and listening to music. The firm allows YOU to decide when you think a promotion is in store and you are essentially competing againt yourself, rather than your fellow employees for a position.

Advice to Management

I feel that the training in Anaheim could have been more useful- I would have preferred to spend more time on the tax returns and programs rather than the outside activities. I understand that it is important to network, but I feel that the training aspect of it was lacking a bit.

Date: 2013

Setting the foundation for a successfull accounting career.

I really liked the people that I worked with. The internship was independent and provided endless learning opportunities.

At times, I did not have a project to work on so I was sitting at my desk. I wish there was something beneficial I could do in my spare time.

Be yourself and get to know people. Be honest with yourself.

Advice to Management

I think that the training could be more indepth. I would also like to see more opportunities to meet more people in the office.

Date: 2013

Moss Adams- The best way to jump into public accounting!

Really great real-life experience. They treat you as a new staff hire, not an intern. You are given responsibilities right off the bat, which creates a really good hands-on learning environment.

Sometimes there wasn't enough work for me to do, and I would just sit at my desk waiting for work.

Be good at communicating, working with a team, and juggling multiple tasks at once. Those three things are key in public accounting, and if you show Moss Adams that you can do them, you are set. It also helps if you are friendly! Moss Adams has a very friendly and outgoing culture, and we like nice friendly people.

Advice to Management

Sending the interns out to more clients would be nice. I only got to go into the field once, and I wish I could have gone a few more times!

Date: 2013

A great learning experience in a fun and enjoyable environment

Great culture, realy work experience.

Did not get to see an audit from beginning to end.

Moss Adams is a great place to work. It is a very inviting culture. There are also amazing professionals here who do great work.

Great Learning Experience about World of Accounting World and Moss Adams

The networking opportunities, the ability to learn about the world of accounting

There isn't anything that I really didn't like

Work really hard in recruiting to find a firm that fits you because getting an internship is the best way to learn about a firm.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)