Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #6 Best Accounting Internships  /  #17 Best Overall Internships

Everything is MOSSome!
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Seeing the unity and collaboration of the entire firm to dedicate themselves to their interns is unexpected. At the Summer Internship Program was amazing to see the interaction of all the offices. Especially, having partners from several offices attend and give presentation was really rewarding and inspiring. Working so closely with all the partners throughout the internship was unexpected. I interned at a local firm before and I did not get this much partner interaction.

Nothing. Everything really went beyond expectations.

Everyone at this firm is dedicated to your growth. It's an atmosphere that promotes learning and challenges, which is extremely rewarding. You'll have the support of not just the regional office but of the entire firm to handle any challenges.

great company
Santa Rosa, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

exposure to actual work

getting up earlier than usual

talk to as many people as you can to get a feel of the company

Fun, Educational, & Rewarding
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do hands on work.

Sometimes not knowing why I was doing certain aspects of the project.

This is a great organization with great people which has a lot of opportunity to advance in your career.

Moss Adams Becomes a Part of the Big 5, No Doubt Because of the Company's Hard Work, Dedication, and Culture.
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was thoroughly impressed with how much help i received even when I wasn't asking for it. People are busy and stressed, but they always have time to sit down and help you or answer any questions.

I was disappointed it ended. I wish I could continue to intern during my last year of school.

Moss Adams treats interns as people of value. We aren't only doing busy work, we actually participate in testing and engage with clients. They as much time and effort into an intern as they do a full time staff.

Perfect Introduction to the Company and Career
Everett, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Getting to know the culture of the office and company so well.

Sometimes it was slow because it was the summer.

Be sure to ask a lot of questions.

Exciting
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work with a variety of people. All of whom were helpful, encouraging, and fun to be around.

There was more downtime than I expected.

Moss Adams is not just about working hard. It is also about working as a team, getting to know your coworkers (both in and out of the office), and continually developing your skills. If you want to go far in auditng, Moss Adams will help you get there.

During the second round interviews the "questions" were meant to get an idea of your personality. There would be a routine question or two, like "why did you choose accounting," but the bulk of the interview was a short conversation.

Shannon getting her feet wet and really experiencing life as a MA staff
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

actually getting into audits, going to the client, not just doing busy work

we did not get as many reviews as I hoped. Maybe give an evaluation once a week so we can learn and grow from it

MA knows how to get and keep people. MA wants you to love to work, not HAVE to work.

Advice to Management

Maybe do more intensive hands on training. Felt very uneasy going to my first client.

The Most Unforgettable Summer Of My Life
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The firm culture: the people at Moss Adams actually care about getting to know you. The partners, managers and staff care about your career development and they care about your overall experience as an intern.

- Learning about the profession: as an intern you are treated as first-year staff and get learn the fundamentals of audits and reviews for many sections of the financial statements including Cash, A/P, Fixed Assets, etc.. Some sections are challenging but staff is always there and ready to help!

- The social activities: interns have the opportunity to expand their professional network on trips to Disneyland and Catalina Island with the firm, training at Huntington Beach and Partner Dinners and BBQ's all around L.A.

- My intern class: I walked in to the office on my first day with 12 strangers that over the past 8 weeks have become some of my best friends.

- LA Traffic. It comes with living in the city.

- Work hard in school, do your research on the firm before Meet the Firms/interviews and just be yourself!

Memorable and exceptional experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know fellow employees/interns. Also learning about los angeles' business processes

The traffic

Be yourself and be able to have a mature conversation with interviewers. It is not all about the qualifications but your personality and how well you can get along with the employees and interns.

Advice to Management

Not much, Moss Adams did a great job with everything. I would say allowing interns to work overtime.

The experience of a lifetime!
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real hands on experience and building strong professional connections with employees and fellow interns.

I liked everything about the internship, I honestly cannot think of something I disliked.

If you are looking for an employer that values the work of its employees and helps them reach their highest potential by providing valuable resources, then Moss Adams is definitely a firm you want to consider.

What interested you into applying to our firm? What made you interested in the audit practice? There were some behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and work ethic.