Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Amazing

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship really allowed you to look at what the office culture is like. It provided a lot of opportunities to network and get to know everyone on more than just a professional level. There was a lot of support so that you never felt alone. They have a good mentoring system.

There was nothing that i did not like about the internship.

What you get is what you put in. You should meet as many people as possible as everyone is super nice and will take the time to get to know you. Ask lots of questions so you can really find out if this is somewhere you want to accept a full-time offer at.

Excellent Experience at the Best Accounting Firm in the Northbay

Santa Rosa, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what an audit truly entails and having the opportunity to try a new industry with each job that I was assigned. Disneyland, Giants games, and happy hours are definitely a plus too!

Being unassigned to a client is a strange feeling, but is something that you get used to. I don't have any real cons or complaints regarding my internship experience.

Be friendly, ask people for help, and ask a lot of questions.

Incredible

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was really patient and took the time to help the interns learn.

Sometimes there was not much work to do, but that had to do largely with the fact that summer is not a busy season.

The work-life balance that they talk about is true. Everyone is very hardworking, but also has hobbies outside of work.

Advice to Management

More mock testing, so that we can stay busy will we are unassigned and can continue to learn.

Mossome: we came, we learned, we had fun

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out on clients and the intern roadshows

We had quite a bit of free-time some weeks if we weren't scheduled on a client

Moss Adams is the perfect middle ground between the Big 4 and the smaller companies. You get the best of both without feeling like a cog in the machine. Moss Adams really cares about it's employees and is willing to work with you on your goals.

Great work mix, to help you choose what path you want to take in public accounting

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Get to work on tax and audit

- Great office atmosphere (Everyone is very nice)

- Young co workers (Easy to relate to)

- Location of office

- Client tours

- Lots of potential to network

Sometimes work can be a little slow in the summer months.

When work is slow make sure to network with everyone in the office. The internship is more about getting you acquainted with the office atmosphere and networking. They know you don't know what you are doing, so ask a lot of questions. Have fun with it.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job with the program. Nothing I can think of. If at all possible, build on the buddy system because that has been a huge help.

- Tell me about yourself?

- What made you want to get into public accounting?

Their interviews are set up to get to know you to make sure that you will fit in the office's culture. Interviews are very personable and easy going.

MOSSome Interns Rave About the Competitive Advantage, Desire Employment

Bellingham, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was great due to the people, the work, and the Summer Internship Program experience in Huntington Beach. I've made lifelong friends within the class of interns and also found a firm I'd like to work/be apart of for a long time to come. The people made lasting memories, the work made for effective learning and provided rigor.

The brevity of the internship. I understand the nature of the internship, but just wish it was longer due to the amount of fun I've had. 8 weeks is just a taste of everything to come.

Be sure to consider the kind of people you want to be around, culture matters. Interview the people interviewing you, this is your work, opportunity, and future.

Learning and having fun all at one place.

San Jose, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the field were going out to the client because it allowed you to learn more about the client while also see new places that you might not have seen before.

The thing I least enjoyed from the internship was that sometimes there was not any work available for us to do.

If you like working with others and want to make new friends then this is the firm to choose.

Advice to Management

I believe the training could be better. The content is already there but I just feel like if the instructors go over everything quickly.

They asked me general questions. They asked what accounting courses I had taken. They also asked what I did in my prior occupation.

Learning, Opportunity, and Growth

Spokane, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, company culture, learned a lot, got to experience working as well as explore other aspects of auditing and tour other offices and clients

Not much accounting work during summer so at times we were slow

Be open to learning and meeting new people; be positive and don't worry about making mistakes

Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do in your free time?

Awesome, Enriching. Family

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were hands down the best!

What I least liked was not knowing what I was doing some days.

Ask for more help on software training.

Educational

Albuquerque, NM | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects consisted of working on clients and being able to get real life experience. Also learning about each industry and how the audit work differs from industry to industry.

I did not get as much time as I would have liked to work on actual audit work.

Moss Adams is great. The people are all very nice and extremely helpful. During the summer things can get a bit slow, so the internship may not include as much work as you would hope.