Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

#1 Internship Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.

Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

This internship taught me more about public accounting than any college class ever could.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained from this internship is parallel to none. Elliott Davis doesn't make you go out and get coffee or make copies or do any of the other jobs that don't give you accounting experience. Instead, Elliott Davis throws you into the world of accounting with staff level work that you will be doing when you get out of college, which what all college graduates need in an internship.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the chance to get much client one-on-one interaction. I know this is because I don't have the experience yet but I still feel like it would have been great to do that.

Elliott Davis is an organization that really takes care of you. They offer great benefits, pay and have a great family atmosphere within the office as well. You get to travel a little and you are not just sitting at a computer desk all day. I would recommend Elliott Davis to anybody wanting to pursue a career in public accounting.

Advice to Management

The one thing I think Elliott Davis could do better is to take the time to implement some kind of training before you are sent out to a client on an engagement. This would make interns ask less questions to seniors on the job and make the billable hours to client decline significantly.

Informational and great learning experience

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just being hands on with everyday public accounting and working with a great staff.

I don't have any cons about this internship. It was a great experience.

There is a great culture set in based at Elliott Davis. There is a great group of employee and are very good at what they do.

It was perfect. The perfect balance of fun and learning.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people we got to work with.

It was too short

Don't judge Elliott Davis because they aren't big four. It's a great place to work

Rewarding, Challenging, Informative

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We actually worked on client work !

I had no complaints!

I felt like I was important to the firm.

I participated in a recruitment event and did not have to go through a formal interview.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Want the salary and client experiences of the Big-4 employees with the community of a smaller firm? Check out Elliott Davis!

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, team building activities, happy hours, mentorship programs, community service.

Sometimes there wasn't work for us to do.

Elliott Davis actually upholds the promises it makes, such as competitive salaries, career development and mentoring, work/life balance, etc.

Tell me three things you do outside of the business school.

Advice to Management

Training for the interns needs to be revamped. The days spent in Greenville were pretty much useless because it was too much technical information all at once. Technical training should be done on the office level so that interns can learn the procedures of various offices while working on actual clients. Additionally, each office should think harder about what work they have available for interns to do. If you only have enough work for 2 interns, don't hire 5!