Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

#1 Internship Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.

Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

Transformative

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with, flexibility with my hours (especially during school), the amount of information I learned, one on one guidance, accessibility to high ranking coworkers, and of course, wonderful pay.

The only negative I can say about the internship was the lack of work at certain points in the internship. Some days I didn`t have work to do, but I was able to study for the CPA exam or my classes, which isn`t a bad deal at all. More or less grasping at straws with this one.

Meet as many people as you can, develop relationships with these people, and pick their brains as much as you can. There are so many people at this office who relish the opportunity to help mentor you and guide you.

I was actually told to ask them questions, which is often more useful in learning about a potential employee. Students are trained on what to say more often than not. Having the potential employee ask questions is more revealing than a cookie-cutter answer supplied to them by an institution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing.

Great Experience with Great People

Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the company culture. Everyone there was smart and capable while taking a particular interest in helping the interns learn and grow. The firm scheduled lots of social time outside of work to give interns the opportunity to get to know others in the office and tune into the firm culture. There was also a lot of mentorship. The firm was very intentional by pairing interns with a CPA that they regularly meet with and get to ask questions.

There was very little I did not like about this internship. I guess I would have liked a little more experience with different types of tax returns.

This company has the ideal accounting firm environment. It has the resources and depth of a large firm with the feel and mentorship of a small firm.

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

Public Accounting Summer Camp

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

Superior Company Culture, Superior Work Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say that my exposure to Elliott Davis's company culture and their employees were the best aspects of the internship. An employee told me during the internship that public accounting is basically the same wherever you go, so you really have to enjoy the company culture and the people you work with. I really believe this to be true and Elliott Davis really proved to me that their company culture fits well with my personality and I enjoyed everybody I got the chance to work with.

There was nothing that I would change about the internship experience. I am sure that if I did have an issue, management would have quickly taken my suggestion and changed anything that I did not like.

I would tell a prospective candidate to be prepared to work hard, but also be prepared to enjoy their time at Elliott Davis. Through countless socials, lake days, beach trips, and kayaking trips, there is always something fun to look forward to. Even though I was working, I had a blast because I enjoyed the work I was doing and everyone that I was working with. Elliott Davis really values their employees and it shows in everything that they do.

Elliott Davis's Envision is the best internship available for students looking to go into public accounting.

Charleston, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

I loved it all.

Definitely pursue a internship with Elliott Davis because the company is green and the truly care about their employees. Also, the internship program includes much more than just doing client work. An intern gets to meet with all the positions in the company through lunches and happy hours. There is also a beach trip at the end to hang out with inters from other offices which is a blast.

Advice to Management

Everything was done perfectly.

A great real-world experience that will lead to many opportunities in the future

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and work environment were great.

The hour long commute through traffic.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I had a great experience with this company.