Intern at Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

BEST INTERNSHIP EVER

29201, SC | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

I was an audit intern for the Financial Institutions Group and was given opportunities to work each week at a different client doing year end external audits as well as internal audits. While doing internal audits, I got to learn how to do 401K audits, compliance audits, fair lending audits, HR audits, incentive compensation audits, etc. Not only that but the shareholder over me took me to meetings with CEOs and CFOs of banks, audit committee meetings, and allowed me to listen in on conference calls. Plus each week we learned from a different shareholder about different aspects of professionalism including leadership, business acumen, talent development, and so on. You also get to leave early on Fridays once you reach 40 hours (which comes quickly if you're at an out of town client during the week!!) We also got to do a summer long community project where we got paid to spend time working at a charity of our choice!

Sat here for 15 min trying to think of something bad to say but I honestly cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this internship.

Comments

This internship exceeded every expectation I could have possibly desired. The shareholders and high ups spend time with you; no one acts like their time is too valuable for an intern. You get to spend lots of time networking with people from other offices and you get to meet all the interns from the other offices through a trip to Greenville, SC and a trip to Folly Beach, SC. I came into this internship completely hating auditing, didn't want to even work this summer and I found myself looking forward to going to work everyday, learning a plethora about accounting, making the greatest friends, and falling in love with auditing!

ENVISION Internship

Charlotte, NC | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

Great people to work with, community service opportunities, fun social events, small group of interns which allowed for more individualized training

Not much client work for interns to do during the summer

Comments

Great company to work for, they truly care for each and every employee

Great Internship Experience

Greenville, SC | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

The people at Elliott Davis Decosimo are great to work with. I was able to learn a lot from the people I worked on engagements with. The firm puts a heavy emphasis on community service. The firm cares about you as a person and not just as a number.

There were no significant downers to my internship at Elliott Davis Decosimo.

Comments

I would strongly recommend an internship at Elliott Davis Decosimo.

More than just an intern

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people!

It ended!

Always be yourself. Elliott Davis recognizes talent, determination, and kindness, and you can see these qualities reflected in their employees.

Advice to Management

Definitely more diversity, even though it's understandable the lack of it because of the profession.

"What's your greatest weakness?"

You won't regret any of it

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture and how everyone would take the time to explain.

It was in a different city

They get you involved in every aspect. They get you involved in the community. Everyone is very friendly and super helpful.

(I'm not clever) Elliott Davis Decosimo gave me the best internship experience anyone could ask for

Columbia, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Most importantly the people, along with being able to learn and perform meaningful tasks that contribute to the greater good of the firm.

it went by too quickly!

Elliott Davis Decosimo is a wonderful firm with truly all-around great people. All of the interns, employees, and shareholders I met throughout the entire experience are a pleasure to be around, who are also intelligent, patient, and always willing to help.

Time to learn

Chattanooga, TN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with other managers and shareholders throughout the firm. gathering an understanding of the company and the industry as a whole. Learning about the accounting environment and what is required in the workplace.

Lack of actual client work to do but limited by the time of the year.

100% take the internship. Incredible internship that portrays many different aspects of the industry. Teaches you what the industry requires and gives you a small taste of what you will be doing once into your career.

Advice to Management

Great. Try help interns to go out to clients more and interact with clients on a first hand basis.

Steep learning curve, but the personal and professional growth is tremendous.

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to meet members of the firms all the way from staff to shareholders. Truly felt like I was a part of the team. Video lectures that lectured on professional development.

The work came in waves and was either too much or too little to do on a day-to-day basis.

Go in as an open book and being will to learn and absorb everything you are told. Be a sponge and don't take for granted all of the help that is offered. Make sure to get to know everyone in your department and make a meaningful connection with them.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be raised to be at a level comparably to the firms of similar size. Implement training techniques that are more hands-on rather video lectures.

Why do you pick tax/audit? What are you looking for from a CPA firm? How do you past experiences relate to be a leader amongst your peers?

Elliott Davis Decosimo- Working in an office where you actually like to spend time

Memphis, TN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

people in the office

my housing situation

very easy to get along with and very compassionate for what they do

Busy Season Intern in the Tax Practice of Elliott Davis Decosimo's Charleston, SC Office

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

LEARNING. I went into the internship unsure of what area of accounting I wanted to pursue, and I learned so much, so quickly. Things I could not simply learn in school, but areas I needed to be immersed into in order to understand the flow of everything. But more importantly, the employees were kind, helpful, and approachable. They encouraged me to ask questions and everyone was patient and so helpful when it came to explaining a complex topic or helping me with the software. The positive attitude of the employees in the office, even during stressful times, is why I ultimately chose to accept my full time offer.

There honestly were no negatives. Any complaints I have are more related to my PERSONAL transition from being a student to working in an office (sitting all day, working late).

I interviewed with several firms, but the employees at EDD are so kind, helpful, knowledgable, and most importantly approachable, compared to any other firm I interacted with. I was both anxious and nervous going into my internship, but it ended up being so much better than I expected. The internship was very well organized and pays well. You will have to work very hard, but every minute is worth it because you come out of the internship having learned so much to prepare you for your next career step.

Advice to Management

Standing desks, healthier snacks, more environmental efforts such as encouraging recycling or compost (less waste)

Why should we hire YOU?, Why are you interested in accounting?, Explain a time you had to make a difficult decision.