Intern at Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Elliott Davis Decosimo, Learn about us and yourself

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspect was the balance between fun social events and the practical work related to my field. I grew in my relationships with other interns and current staff and I also grew in the aspect of my career.

There was a lot of talk about many of us getting full-time offers but then only a few of us did. I wish that the language that was used throughout the internship greater reflected that reality.

I wish I had a better understanding of how fun it was really going to be. One of the best internships.

Advice to Management

We did weekly training on certain areas called Envision Academy. These sessions were pretty boring, and hard to sit through. I wish this aspect of the internship was beefed up and we dug into some really cool material.

Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.

Everything About Elliott Davis Decosimo Just Adds Up Right, They Offer A Great Return

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees and their attitude around the office, the schedule that the recruiters built for us, and what the firm values

The work load was fairly light

The firm is unbelievably dedicated to their core principles and they spend lots of time and money ensuring that their employees are well taken care of in every way.

One of Nation's Top Internship Programs Lives Up to Expectations

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office was very well organized and ready to handle us interns. We had a variety of projects to work on and were very rarely waiting to be given assignments. I got lots of experience doing things I felt were important to the firm. The office was extremely friendly and I felt right at home.

Honestly, I had a great experience here and I can't think of much that I didn't like about the internship. We had volunteering projects that I thought could have gone smoother in terms of organization but that's about it.

Go in expecting to work and give it your best shot and you will be rewarded. Ask questions and rely on others with more experience than you to help you.

Advice to Management

Training was more than a little boring. I think a set of official videos instead of recorded presentations might work better.

I don't recall specific questions, but some were along the lines of "Do you have any leadership experience?" and "What has been one of the biggest challenges you have overcome?"

Busy Season Made Bearable with the Best People

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the close relationships I was able to build. I could walk around the office and talk to everyone. Also, giving me work to do was a priority that was almost always fulfilled.

The clients are not the most glamorous, and the training is not as good as those firms with much more resources.

The firm has a great reputation in the city. As a small regional firm, their clients are obviously smaller meaning you will work on many instead of just one or two. EDD has many nonprofits on their roster, something you are less likely to see at a national firm.

Advice to Management

Renovate the office. Encourage more staff bonding to foster relationships outside of work. Improve training to cover technical accounting and auditing topics that are often forgotten when focused on field work.

Elliott Davis Decosimo Internship: Blend of Client Experience and Community Engagement with a focus on Healthy Work Culture

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were the community service engagements and the ability to work on clients alongside staff. The opportunity to meet upper level management for lunches and to have staff outings were fun as well. The company has a focus to have a healthy work/life balance.

There are periods of dead time where no one has work to give out.

It is the largest regional CPA firm in the Southeast and rated the top internship accounting program.

Comprehensive experience comprised of client work, prof development, volunteering & social activities

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fringe benefits

Lack of work indicative of that of a first-year staff and a lack of training

Growing organization with lots of potential for upward mobility. Culture is employee-friendly.

Great learning experience.

Raleigh, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work on a new client each week. Got to experience many different aspects and segments of the audit.

I was limited to 40 hours a week.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Have separate projects for interns to work on when their workload is not at capacity.

What sparked your interest in our company?

Excellent work environment. Great opportunity for career development.

Columbia, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing real-world public accounting work. Seeing what it is like to work in an office.

Interns were valued and made to feel important even.

If public accounting is an industry you want to work in, this firm provides an excellent opportunity outside of the Big 4.

Such a unique experience.

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The week set up. 3 days of client work, 1 day of volunteering and the last day to help around and do group projects.

Lack of a diverse group of races.

It is an awesome experience and I can see myself coming back and working for them.

Advice to Management

diversity needs to increase.

Received real-world experience in the field and learned a great deal

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out to client sites, after hour company events

I would have liked to have been out on more client visits

Be ready to learn and be proactive in the learning process