Intern at Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Elliott Davis Decosimo Internship: Blend of Client Experience and Community Engagement with a focus on Healthy Work Culture

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were the community service engagements and the ability to work on clients alongside staff. The opportunity to meet upper level management for lunches and to have staff outings were fun as well. The company has a focus to have a healthy work/life balance.

There are periods of dead time where no one has work to give out.

It is the largest regional CPA firm in the Southeast and rated the top internship accounting program.

Comprehensive experience comprised of client work, prof development, volunteering & social activities

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fringe benefits

Lack of work indicative of that of a first-year staff and a lack of training

Growing organization with lots of potential for upward mobility. Culture is employee-friendly.

Great learning experience.

Raleigh, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work on a new client each week. Got to experience many different aspects and segments of the audit.

I was limited to 40 hours a week.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Have separate projects for interns to work on when their workload is not at capacity.

What sparked your interest in our company?

Excellent work environment. Great opportunity for career development.

Columbia, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing real-world public accounting work. Seeing what it is like to work in an office.

Interns were valued and made to feel important even.

If public accounting is an industry you want to work in, this firm provides an excellent opportunity outside of the Big 4.

Such a unique experience.

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The week set up. 3 days of client work, 1 day of volunteering and the last day to help around and do group projects.

Lack of a diverse group of races.

It is an awesome experience and I can see myself coming back and working for them.

Advice to Management

diversity needs to increase.

Received real-world experience in the field and learned a great deal

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out to client sites, after hour company events

I would have liked to have been out on more client visits

Be ready to learn and be proactive in the learning process

Boring but pays well and everyone is really nice

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people in the office are great to be around

Very little time spent learning or doing things - lots of filler/fluff activities. However, it wasn't busy season so that is to be expected in this industry.

Great culture and atmosphere at this firm

Great Quality of Life and Fun People to Work With

Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm made sure that I was not overworked during my internship, even though it was busy season. I was able to see a variety of different types of clients, and work with many different people in the firm. The firm was flexible with me if I had any requests for assignments or different things.

Overall the internship was a great experience. There were no real cons to my experience.

I believe there is a great group of people and a great culture at this firm. The people there are fun to work with and easy to get along with. The work is challenging (as in any public accounting firm) but the culture and people of the firm make it worthwhile.

Gain great experience in the field of public accounting while having fun!

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the audit engagements assigned to me

Sometimes there was not a ton of work for interns

Do not be afraid to ask questions! You will feel clueless on some assignments, but they are very good at answering questions and helping you with assignments.

A very insightful and rewarding internship that provided me the opportunity to see the daily work of professionals in public accounting.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the networking opportunities and relationships I created with the people I worked with on a daily basis. Everyone during my internship was very helpful and eager to answer all of my questions, which made me feel very comfortable performing my work.

I liked least about my internship was the commute I was forced to drive to get to work. This is outside the scope of the employer, however and this aspect was outside their control.

I would remind a candidate to keep in mind that public accountants do work hard and there can be, at times, stressful work days and long hours. However, the people who you work with on a daily basis help with this aspect and make the work highly enjoyable.

Advice to Management

I would suggest more diversity in terms of letting interns see different type of projects. However, other than this my internship experience during the "busy season" months was exactly what I wanted to experience.