Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Accounting Internships  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

Received real-world experience in the field and learned a great deal
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out to client sites, after hour company events

I would have liked to have been out on more client visits

Be ready to learn and be proactive in the learning process

Boring but pays well and everyone is really nice
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people in the office are great to be around

Very little time spent learning or doing things - lots of filler/fluff activities. However, it wasn't busy season so that is to be expected in this industry.

Great culture and atmosphere at this firm

Gain great experience in the field of public accounting while having fun!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the audit engagements assigned to me

Sometimes there was not a ton of work for interns

Do not be afraid to ask questions! You will feel clueless on some assignments, but they are very good at answering questions and helping you with assignments.

Great Quality of Life and Fun People to Work With
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm made sure that I was not overworked during my internship, even though it was busy season. I was able to see a variety of different types of clients, and work with many different people in the firm. The firm was flexible with me if I had any requests for assignments or different things.

Overall the internship was a great experience. There were no real cons to my experience.

I believe there is a great group of people and a great culture at this firm. The people there are fun to work with and easy to get along with. The work is challenging (as in any public accounting firm) but the culture and people of the firm make it worthwhile.

Elliott Davis Internship, the experience that goes beyond textbooks and office work
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere that Elliott Davis created was so embracing; I was very nervous when I started the internship but everyone was extremely welcoming and approachable throughout the whole summer. I was also not afraid to ask for more work or more instructions on how to do certain work; they were very patient with me.

I did not like the second day of training. It was information overload. I would have preferred to learn Caseware, Intelliconnect and tax instructions in small groups or with my pals. I also did not get much interaction with my pal. I think it is because I did a lot of tax work and she was always gone on an audit so I was unable to go to her for some questions I had.

Elliott Davis would be a great place to work, they encourage work life balance and are respectful that employees have obligations outside of work. They also instill a lot of responsibility in their employees. This empowerment encourages the employee to work hard and hopefully he/she will give great work back in return. Elliott Davis also encourages employees to become a part of the community within and outside of Elliott Davis.

Advice to Management

Elliott Davis should consider doing rotational internships for juniors or seniors who are not sure what type of accounting they may be interested in. For example, a younger intern could spend a week in PFS, a week in audit- within that, manufacturing, banking, real estate-, a week in international tax, etc.

A very insightful and rewarding internship that provided me the opportunity to see the daily work of professionals in public accounting.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the networking opportunities and relationships I created with the people I worked with on a daily basis. Everyone during my internship was very helpful and eager to answer all of my questions, which made me feel very comfortable performing my work.

I liked least about my internship was the commute I was forced to drive to get to work. This is outside the scope of the employer, however and this aspect was outside their control.

I would remind a candidate to keep in mind that public accountants do work hard and there can be, at times, stressful work days and long hours. However, the people who you work with on a daily basis help with this aspect and make the work highly enjoyable.

Advice to Management

I would suggest more diversity in terms of letting interns see different type of projects. However, other than this my internship experience during the "busy season" months was exactly what I wanted to experience.

The Internship Experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the employees, outside office events (community service, happy hours, pulse events), learning about the business, the time spent talking with shareholders and senior managers, and getting the opportunity to meet a lot of great people

The only thing that I can think of is that I would have like to have more client work.

It's a great firm and has great employees. It's been rated one of the top places to work in South Carolina the past few years.

Nice place, nice people, not a phenominal internship because there wasn't much to do but being full time seemed less boring.
Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were great. They took an interest in their coworkers

I had nothing to do.

Ask around for work and bring things to keep you occupied

Great people, great company, great experience
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people

More engagements and client work would have been nice

The people should be the ,out important factor you consider and opportunities for advancement

Great Experience for a First Time Public Accounting Internship with Great People
Columbia, SC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were all very kind and helpful. The hours were flexible if you needed to take off for something. The interns complete a service project that is very rewarding.

Not as much auditing experience as I hoped. Not enough work to go around for all the interns

It is a good office to work in, the people really want to get to know you and help you succeed. They are social and have a lot of office activities. Audit work will be audit work in any place you go, but if you like Columbia and the people in the office, this is the firm for you.