Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

A taste of work/life balance: something not found in the world of public accounting

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were a couple group assignments including a community service project, and a project on a specialty group. There was also a case study assignment related to the tax structure.

There honestly isn't anything that I disliked

Know that it is competitive. Many times people think because this girl is not a "big four" that it isn't competitive. But it is actually extremely competitive in terms of full time offers. This company only wants the best and wants people willing to dedicate their time outside of work to community involvement and also to be friends with coworkers outside of work.

Fun filled accounting summer internship that provides valuable experience for the future.

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were getting used to going to work from 8 to 5 and having the responsibilities of staff members. Also creating bonds with future employees and interns.

Was not much that I disliked about this internship. The recruiting team did a great job putting this together.

Find out as much as you can about what is important to you. If it is how the work environment is or if pay is your biggest concern I would ask around so you do not waste your time with a firm that does not align with what you want.

Advice to Management

No advice to management.

What is a experience in your life that shows your leadership abilities?

ENVISION challenged me to grow personally and as a young professional. Making meaningful connections with the top shareholders was easy

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real-world work, fun, networking opportunities, growth opportunities, well-rounded, community service

Staying in the office

Community service is an important compenent, staff all the way to shareholders are friendly and non-intimidating, work hard play hard environment

Advice to Management

No comment

What interests you most about marketing?

Everything About Elliott Davis Decosimo Just Adds Up Right, They Offer A Great Return

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees and their attitude around the office, the schedule that the recruiters built for us, and what the firm values

The work load was fairly light

The firm is unbelievably dedicated to their core principles and they spend lots of time and money ensuring that their employees are well taken care of in every way.

BEST INTERNSHIP EVER

29201, SC | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

I was an audit intern for the Financial Institutions Group and was given opportunities to work each week at a different client doing year end external audits as well as internal audits. While doing internal audits, I got to learn how to do 401K audits, compliance audits, fair lending audits, HR audits, incentive compensation audits, etc. Not only that but the shareholder over me took me to meetings with CEOs and CFOs of banks, audit committee meetings, and allowed me to listen in on conference calls. Plus each week we learned from a different shareholder about different aspects of professionalism including leadership, business acumen, talent development, and so on. You also get to leave early on Fridays once you reach 40 hours (which comes quickly if you're at an out of town client during the week!!) We also got to do a summer long community project where we got paid to spend time working at a charity of our choice!

Sat here for 15 min trying to think of something bad to say but I honestly cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this internship.

Comments

This internship exceeded every expectation I could have possibly desired. The shareholders and high ups spend time with you; no one acts like their time is too valuable for an intern. You get to spend lots of time networking with people from other offices and you get to meet all the interns from the other offices through a trip to Greenville, SC and a trip to Folly Beach, SC. I came into this internship completely hating auditing, didn't want to even work this summer and I found myself looking forward to going to work everyday, learning a plethora about accounting, making the greatest friends, and falling in love with auditing!

ENVISION Internship

Charlotte, NC | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

Great people to work with, community service opportunities, fun social events, small group of interns which allowed for more individualized training

Not much client work for interns to do during the summer

Comments

Great company to work for, they truly care for each and every employee

Great Internship Experience

Greenville, SC | August 2016 | FORMER INTERN

The people at Elliott Davis Decosimo are great to work with. I was able to learn a lot from the people I worked on engagements with. The firm puts a heavy emphasis on community service. The firm cares about you as a person and not just as a number.

There were no significant downers to my internship at Elliott Davis Decosimo.

Comments

I would strongly recommend an internship at Elliott Davis Decosimo.

More than just an intern

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people!

It ended!

Always be yourself. Elliott Davis recognizes talent, determination, and kindness, and you can see these qualities reflected in their employees.

Advice to Management

Definitely more diversity, even though it's understandable the lack of it because of the profession.

"What's your greatest weakness?"

You won't regret any of it

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture and how everyone would take the time to explain.

It was in a different city

They get you involved in every aspect. They get you involved in the community. Everyone is very friendly and super helpful.

(I'm not clever) Elliott Davis Decosimo gave me the best internship experience anyone could ask for

Columbia, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Most importantly the people, along with being able to learn and perform meaningful tasks that contribute to the greater good of the firm.

it went by too quickly!

Elliott Davis Decosimo is a wonderful firm with truly all-around great people. All of the interns, employees, and shareholders I met throughout the entire experience are a pleasure to be around, who are also intelligent, patient, and always willing to help.