Intern at Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Comprehensive experience comprised of client work, prof development, volunteering & social activities

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fringe benefits

Lack of work indicative of that of a first-year staff and a lack of training

Growing organization with lots of potential for upward mobility. Culture is employee-friendly.

Great learning experience.

Raleigh, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work on a new client each week. Got to experience many different aspects and segments of the audit.

I was limited to 40 hours a week.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Have separate projects for interns to work on when their workload is not at capacity.

What sparked your interest in our company?

The chance to meet the real accounting world in a really exciting way!

Charleston, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people want to help with your success.

Some of the training was long!

Make training earlier in the internship for Adobe and excel

Excellent work environment. Great opportunity for career development.

Columbia, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing real-world public accounting work. Seeing what it is like to work in an office.

Interns were valued and made to feel important even.

If public accounting is an industry you want to work in, this firm provides an excellent opportunity outside of the Big 4.

Such a unique experience.

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The week set up. 3 days of client work, 1 day of volunteering and the last day to help around and do group projects.

Lack of a diverse group of races.

It is an awesome experience and I can see myself coming back and working for them.

Advice to Management

diversity needs to increase.

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

This internship taught me more about public accounting than any college class ever could.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained from this internship is parallel to none. Elliott Davis doesn't make you go out and get coffee or make copies or do any of the other jobs that don't give you accounting experience. Instead, Elliott Davis throws you into the world of accounting with staff level work that you will be doing when you get out of college, which what all college graduates need in an internship.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the chance to get much client one-on-one interaction. I know this is because I don't have the experience yet but I still feel like it would have been great to do that.

Elliott Davis is an organization that really takes care of you. They offer great benefits, pay and have a great family atmosphere within the office as well. You get to travel a little and you are not just sitting at a computer desk all day. I would recommend Elliott Davis to anybody wanting to pursue a career in public accounting.

Advice to Management

The one thing I think Elliott Davis could do better is to take the time to implement some kind of training before you are sent out to a client on an engagement. This would make interns ask less questions to seniors on the job and make the billable hours to client decline significantly.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

#1 Internship Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.