The Elliott Davis Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2012

This was a very rewarding internship.

The employees were friendly and open. They were always happy to talk with you or help you to understand an assignment.

I wish that the internship could have been longer.

Talk with the recruiters to see if you feel like you would fit in with the other people working for this company.

Date: 2012

For the best internship experience ever, visit Elliott Davis!

Flexibility, good pay, great coworkers

Long hours, but they were still manageable

Just be yourself. Elliott Davis is looking for employees who work hard and fit well in their culture. If you get along with everyone and are willing to put in the time and effort that the job requires, this is the perfect place to work for you!

Advice to Management

From an internship experience there was not much formal training, which might have been helpful. Although the most effective learning was on the job.

Great. Very Hands On!

Being able to be in the field and audit different types of companies.

There is nothing during my internship that I disliked.

Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Date: 2012

Well compensated position with minimal work requirements.

You aren't limited to any particular group or type of client (individual, partnership, etc). You gain a more broad experience.

There was never enough work, so I had to just sit around a lot of the time. The assignments weren't particularly challenging or interesting.

This is not like a Big 4 environment. It's very laid back and relaxed. It's a very comfortable working environment.

Advice to Management

ED definitely needs to spend more time training. Ideally, you want to retain your interns as full-time employees, so if you do a good (better) job of training them for their internship, it'll cut down on the training time when they start full-time. Allow interns to sit in on client phone calls or discussions among employees.

Date: 2012

Great people, great company, great experience

The people

More engagements and client work would have been nice

The people should be the ,out important factor you consider and opportunities for advancement

Date: 2012

Internship experience: Surround yourself in an comfortable, friendly, and engaging environment that prepares you for your future

a) Encouraging learning process b) Social interaction with colleagues c) Full-time offer

a) Segregated into industry sector without full experience of all others b) 8:00am start to each day

Be sure to select a job/firm/office that you feel the most comfortable in.

Advice to Management

- More extracuricular activities for employees to intereact on a nonperfessional basis as well as time set aside for these events

Date: 2012

Great Experience for a First Time Public Accounting Internship with Great People

The employees were all very kind and helpful. The hours were flexible if you needed to take off for something. The interns complete a service project that is very rewarding.

Not as much auditing experience as I hoped. Not enough work to go around for all the interns

It is a good office to work in, the people really want to get to know you and help you succeed. They are social and have a lot of office activities. Audit work will be audit work in any place you go, but if you like Columbia and the people in the office, this is the firm for you.