Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

Great place to work and great people to work with.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relaxed setting. Low pressure work while still learning. Really got to know a large number of employees.

Often times there was not a lot of work to be done.

Learn what you can and try to use your time well.

N/A I never had an interview.

Advice to Management

Really can't think of much. Really enjoyed my experience.

Challenging, but exciting learning process that has prepared me for my future career.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with and the amount of different tasks I was able to work on both in and outside of the office.

There was alot of downtime, but I was almost always able to find something to do.

Excellent place to work with great people.

Learn the business knowlege of a lifetime in 7 weeks

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with all employees within the company - no matter how important they were. One week the CFO took us out to lunch, the managing sharehold (aka CEO) particapted in our group video, and we had multiple lunches with managers / shareholders.

It was difficult at first to get enough work for the entire day. This frustrated me because the last week of the program my email blew up with new projects. I wish we could have that (being busy) all summer and not just at the end.

Think about the future. Many young profesionals want to come out of school and make the most money. Elliott Davis is more than a paycheck - it is a company that invest in an individual to better the company along with its surroundings.

Very typical questions. Nothing that threw a big curve ball.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see the range of salary around the company.

Awesome opportunity, friendly staff, and amazing work environment with hands on learning

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship was the friendliness of the staff. Having the PAL system was super beneficial and also the fact that everyone wanted to get to know you and take you out to lunch made you feel like they actually cared about you as a person and not just the job you were doing.

The part I least liked about the internship was the location. This has nothing to do with Elliott Davis, I am from Michigan so it was a hard adjustment at first to get used to working 40+ hours a week at a location 12 hours from home.

Elliott Davis is an awesome firm to work for. They really care about their employees, especially over busy season. They know hours can get long so they are always finding ways to make sure you aren't stuck in your cube all day doing work. The internship program was also unique in the fact that I got to pick what sort of things I wanted to work on. They would give me a little bit from all sorts of industries but then if I especially liked one I could request to do more from that industry. I personally just did a little bit from each one so I could kind of wet my hands in all aspects.

great experience

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to what I would be doing on a day to day basis as a full time employee

I felt that there was a lot of down time, but given that it was a summer internship in a tax department, this was inevitable.

I would recommend working here for the people and the company culture, as well as it is a reputable company

Received real-world experience in the field and learned a great deal

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out to client sites, after hour company events

I would have liked to have been out on more client visits

Be ready to learn and be proactive in the learning process

Boring but pays well and everyone is really nice

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people in the office are great to be around

Very little time spent learning or doing things - lots of filler/fluff activities. However, it wasn't busy season so that is to be expected in this industry.

Great culture and atmosphere at this firm

Elliott Davis offers face to face teaching while still having the opporutinties of a large firm.

Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out a clients, talking with senior leaders, dealing with financial statements.

I did care for the leadership books. I kind of felt like they were meant as busy work.

Know that there are a lot of opporutinites at ED and that the work you do will be more recognized than working at a big 4.

Tax Intern involved in the community

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with the different levels of professionals

Feedback was sometimes poor

I would advise future interns to be outgoing and always ask for more work.

The Elliott Davis Internship Experience - Interns Today, Accountants Tomorrow

Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting and socializing with the employees and other interns, working on various client work, the beach retreat.

We weren't able to work overtime.

Elliott Davis offers the best of both worlds. It has a close knit feel, with a plethora of clients and opportunities to grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

Offer overtime to interns (if possible). I definitely would have worked more had I been given the opportunity to.