Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

Challenging, but exciting learning process that has prepared me for my future career.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with and the amount of different tasks I was able to work on both in and outside of the office.

There was alot of downtime, but I was almost always able to find something to do.

Excellent place to work with great people.

Great place to work and great people to work with.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relaxed setting. Low pressure work while still learning. Really got to know a large number of employees.

Often times there was not a lot of work to be done.

Learn what you can and try to use your time well.

N/A I never had an interview.

Advice to Management

Really can't think of much. Really enjoyed my experience.

great experience

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to what I would be doing on a day to day basis as a full time employee

I felt that there was a lot of down time, but given that it was a summer internship in a tax department, this was inevitable.

I would recommend working here for the people and the company culture, as well as it is a reputable company

Learn the business knowlege of a lifetime in 7 weeks

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with all employees within the company - no matter how important they were. One week the CFO took us out to lunch, the managing sharehold (aka CEO) particapted in our group video, and we had multiple lunches with managers / shareholders.

It was difficult at first to get enough work for the entire day. This frustrated me because the last week of the program my email blew up with new projects. I wish we could have that (being busy) all summer and not just at the end.

Think about the future. Many young profesionals want to come out of school and make the most money. Elliott Davis is more than a paycheck - it is a company that invest in an individual to better the company along with its surroundings.

Very typical questions. Nothing that threw a big curve ball.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see the range of salary around the company.

A Great Career Starts Here

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people I worked with, they really cared about us as interns and tried to keep us busy as much as possible.

there was quite a bit of down time, but it wasn't really anything to complain about.

This company is definitely employed centered, their great staff and leadership is what drives them to success.

Are you ready to learn and be exposed to new things?

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of.

Boring but pays well and everyone is really nice

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people in the office are great to be around

Very little time spent learning or doing things - lots of filler/fluff activities. However, it wasn't busy season so that is to be expected in this industry.

Great culture and atmosphere at this firm

Received real-world experience in the field and learned a great deal

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out to client sites, after hour company events

I would have liked to have been out on more client visits

Be ready to learn and be proactive in the learning process

I had a great time as an intern for Elliott Davis and I learned a lot.

Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to ask questions whenever I needed too. My last job caused me to figure out a lot on my own so everybody's openness really made my internship mostly stress free.

We were so busy during tax season that it got hard to learn from my mistakes. I was just told to fix them without a real explanation. We are really busy though so I understand, but that was the most difficult part of my experience.

Do not be afraid to ask as many questions as possible and meet as many people as you can. It really helps you out.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no idea. They do such a great job of taking care of us that I don't know what I would want them to change.

Huge opportunities to learn and make a lasting impression

Richmond, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work with outstanding compensation.

The summer time can be a little slow which means you may have some downtime.

Elliott Davis knows that you are a valuable asset and they make sure you know it. I had every resource I could imagine at my fingertips. There is so much to learn and I feel that elliott davis is the best place to do it.

The Road Ahead

Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to interact with clients and do real client work. I was able to learn so much during the internship.

I wish there would have been more clients I could have gone out to.

Don't be scared to ask questions- they don't expect you to know how to do most of the work you're given. Try your best, but definitely ask if you need to. Make the best of the experience- Get to know the shareholders, senior managers, etc., as well as the staff accountants so you can see if you'd be happy in the work environment.