Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Accounting Internships  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

Great Experience with Great People
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the company culture. Everyone there was smart and capable while taking a particular interest in helping the interns learn and grow. The firm scheduled lots of social time outside of work to give interns the opportunity to get to know others in the office and tune into the firm culture. There was also a lot of mentorship. The firm was very intentional by pairing interns with a CPA that they regularly meet with and get to ask questions.

There was very little I did not like about this internship. I guess I would have liked a little more experience with different types of tax returns.

This company has the ideal accounting firm environment. It has the resources and depth of a large firm with the feel and mentorship of a small firm.

Elliott Davis's Envision is the best internship available for students looking to go into public accounting.
Charleston, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

I loved it all.

Definitely pursue a internship with Elliott Davis because the company is green and the truly care about their employees. Also, the internship program includes much more than just doing client work. An intern gets to meet with all the positions in the company through lunches and happy hours. There is also a beach trip at the end to hang out with inters from other offices which is a blast.

Advice to Management

Everything was done perfectly.

A great real-world experience that will lead to many opportunities in the future
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and work environment were great.

The hour long commute through traffic.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I had a great experience with this company.

Want the salary and client experiences of the Big-4 employees with the community of a smaller firm? Check out Elliott Davis!
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, team building activities, happy hours, mentorship programs, community service.

Sometimes there wasn't work for us to do.

Elliott Davis actually upholds the promises it makes, such as competitive salaries, career development and mentoring, work/life balance, etc.

Tell me three things you do outside of the business school.

Advice to Management

Training for the interns needs to be revamped. The days spent in Greenville were pretty much useless because it was too much technical information all at once. Technical training should be done on the office level so that interns can learn the procedures of various offices while working on actual clients. Additionally, each office should think harder about what work they have available for interns to do. If you only have enough work for 2 interns, don't hire 5!

I learned the most about my industry, and myself that I have ever with a job
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client work integrated with social activities and community service

We had too much down time and sometimes weren't busy.

I would definitely recommend doing this internship. There are a multitude of opportunities and great people to connect with.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Superior Company Culture, Superior Work Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say that my exposure to Elliott Davis's company culture and their employees were the best aspects of the internship. An employee told me during the internship that public accounting is basically the same wherever you go, so you really have to enjoy the company culture and the people you work with. I really believe this to be true and Elliott Davis really proved to me that their company culture fits well with my personality and I enjoyed everybody I got the chance to work with.

There was nothing that I would change about the internship experience. I am sure that if I did have an issue, management would have quickly taken my suggestion and changed anything that I did not like.

I would tell a prospective candidate to be prepared to work hard, but also be prepared to enjoy their time at Elliott Davis. Through countless socials, lake days, beach trips, and kayaking trips, there is always something fun to look forward to. Even though I was working, I had a blast because I enjoyed the work I was doing and everyone that I was working with. Elliott Davis really values their employees and it shows in everything that they do.

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

Envision was an excellent welcome into the accounting profession.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment, the people, the experience, the activities and bonding, the learning.

The only con to my internship was that it didn't last longer.

Elliott Davis is an excellent firm to intern for. Don't worry, they don't expect you to know how to do everything already, but are very willing to help you learn.

Rewarding, Challenging, Informative
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We actually worked on client work !

I had no complaints!

I felt like I was important to the firm.

I participated in a recruitment event and did not have to go through a formal interview.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Challenging, but exciting learning process that has prepared me for my future career.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with and the amount of different tasks I was able to work on both in and outside of the office.

There was alot of downtime, but I was almost always able to find something to do.

Excellent place to work with great people.