Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

I learned the most about my industry, and myself that I have ever with a job

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client work integrated with social activities and community service

We had too much down time and sometimes weren't busy.

I would definitely recommend doing this internship. There are a multitude of opportunities and great people to connect with.

Learning filled and fun

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just the right amount of work, volunteering, intern activities,

nothing really

the culture is different here

How do you work with others

Advice to Management

better training in beginning

This is a twitter question and I hate twitter.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People.

Too short

Take the job

Didnt interview

Advice to Management

Better communication between offices

Accounting Firm Redefines Corporate Culture

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience, training, office environment, networking

The scheduling was a challenge, but the company is aware of this.

Don't be afraid to show interest in a particular area of accounting. It will only set you apart from the group and make you an asset to the company sooner rather than later.

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

Progessive, family culture, values work-life balance, great experince

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Variety of work, culture of office, lots of things planned

The lack of accouting work avalible to the interns and lack of training materials

It's a great internship if you want to be able to really experince all that an Accounting firm has to offer. They present you with numerous oppurtunities to really feel out what it is like to work at an accounting firm. Everyone at Elliott Davis is super helpful and really cares about and takes interest in their interns.

Advice to Management

Better understanding of the specility groups as an intern

It was perfect. The perfect balance of fun and learning.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people we got to work with.

It was too short

Don't judge Elliott Davis because they aren't big four. It's a great place to work

Accounting: The Real World

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the interactions with the interns and the trips.I enjoyed getting to know everyone who worked at the firm. This internship had a great balance of social and work life. Afterward I felt like I really got to know what the firm was truly about.

I did not like that sometimes there was nothing to do. I understood that it was just not too much to do during the summer.

Take the time to get to know the upper level management and not just the staff

Informational and great learning experience

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just being hands on with everyday public accounting and working with a great staff.

I don't have any cons about this internship. It was a great experience.

There is a great culture set in based at Elliott Davis. There is a great group of employee and are very good at what they do.

Awesome opportunity, friendly staff, and amazing work environment with hands on learning

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship was the friendliness of the staff. Having the PAL system was super beneficial and also the fact that everyone wanted to get to know you and take you out to lunch made you feel like they actually cared about you as a person and not just the job you were doing.

The part I least liked about the internship was the location. This has nothing to do with Elliott Davis, I am from Michigan so it was a hard adjustment at first to get used to working 40+ hours a week at a location 12 hours from home.

Elliott Davis is an awesome firm to work for. They really care about their employees, especially over busy season. They know hours can get long so they are always finding ways to make sure you aren't stuck in your cube all day doing work. The internship program was also unique in the fact that I got to pick what sort of things I wanted to work on. They would give me a little bit from all sorts of industries but then if I especially liked one I could request to do more from that industry. I personally just did a little bit from each one so I could kind of wet my hands in all aspects.