Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

A red carpet experience to accounting industry and the Elliott Davis Decosimo culture.

Chattanooga, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building relationships with the Elliott Davis Decosimo family as well as valuable hands on experience gained from client work with excellent mentorship. Also they have a lot of fun!

Length of internship. Too short, I didn't want it to end!

Get involved with the recruiters at your campus. Get to know them, they're excellent! They are their for you and to ansere any question you might have.

Advice to Management

Modernize the workplace. Cultivate a more collaborative environment.

How have you displayed leadership skills in previous jobs or in your personal life.

best accounting firm to start and grow a career with

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

social outings, quality of work, the people

not applicable

how much the firm emphasizes work/life balance

Envision: opportunity of a lifetime

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Social events, teamwork, quantity of assignments, culture

I have no complaints. It was a wonderful experience

It is a small enough company to feel included and like an intricate part of a team but big enough to offer valuable resources and training.

Best work experience and atmosphere I have ever been in. People were helpful, hardworking and kind to both myself and the clients.

Nashville, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture, people and attitude of the firm. The firm felt as one even though there were many offices across the US and the flexibility and work atmosphere was very relaxed with many team building days throughout the summer.

The internship was somewhat shorter than I would of hoped for but only because I enjoyed it so much and learned a lot.

Great atmosphere to work in. Firm goals are something that fit well in my life and who I strive to be as a person.

Advice to Management

The length of the internship. Training week was a little slow but the firm provided food/drink along with sponsored events.

BEST internship experience ever

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The community service day once a week, getting to work with employees of all levels, having lunch with most people in my department, the training week and the final beach trip!

Since it's summer, there isn't as much work to do, so you have to ask around a lot to find work.

The best way to learn what Elliott Davis is all about is to do the internship. The internship is their main recruiting basis, think of it as 7 week interview where you get to show all that you have to offer while also learning what the firm can offer you.

The perfect mix of learning, fun, and real-life experience.

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that the content of your character and attitude seemed more important than what school you went to or your GPA.

I can't think of one thing to complain about.

Meet as many people as you can. Also, do the little things. For example, offering to clean up after an event where there was food. People notice things like that. Ask as my questions as you can because people at Elliott Davis love to help out with anything they can.

The best internship experience

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the work I did for clients, the opportunity to learn, the flexibility, the social aspect

Not applicable

Not applicable

An internship wherein I not only learned valuable accounting/business experience, but created real and lasting relationships.

Chattanooga, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client work, work/life balance, corporate culture, employee relationships, pay

Not applicable. Overall, I did not have any factors that I would consider bad.

The firm is not typical to else where in the business/industry world. The firm legitimately cares for you as an employee and wants you to grow. In so doing, you are exposed to more depths of client work than anywhere else that I have heard/read about.

Elliott Davis Decosimo, Learn about us and yourself

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspect was the balance between fun social events and the practical work related to my field. I grew in my relationships with other interns and current staff and I also grew in the aspect of my career.

There was a lot of talk about many of us getting full-time offers but then only a few of us did. I wish that the language that was used throughout the internship greater reflected that reality.

I wish I had a better understanding of how fun it was really going to be. One of the best internships.

Advice to Management

We did weekly training on certain areas called Envision Academy. These sessions were pretty boring, and hard to sit through. I wish this aspect of the internship was beefed up and we dug into some really cool material.

Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.

Informative Introduction into Audit Work with Major Prospects

Charleston, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-The employees
-Out office events
-Ending and beginning "internship conferences"

-I would have liked to have seen other departments during my internship just to have an idea of what each function did and be able to understand all aspects of what the firm has to offer to clients. (tax, ARG, consulting, FIG, etc.)

They rank in the top 3 internships in the country from year to year, the average age of employees, and the opportunities to meet with other employees in the firm throughout the year.

Advice to Management

The only thing I could think of is to provide resources for interns/staff/whoever to learn about the services (the other departments) provided by the firm.

-Asked about extra curricular activities and involvement in my community on and off campus
-Asked my goals for the future (short term)