Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

It was perfect. The perfect balance of fun and learning.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people we got to work with.

It was too short

Don't judge Elliott Davis because they aren't big four. It's a great place to work

Want the salary and client experiences of the Big-4 employees with the community of a smaller firm? Check out Elliott Davis!

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, team building activities, happy hours, mentorship programs, community service.

Sometimes there wasn't work for us to do.

Elliott Davis actually upholds the promises it makes, such as competitive salaries, career development and mentoring, work/life balance, etc.

Tell me three things you do outside of the business school.

Advice to Management

Training for the interns needs to be revamped. The days spent in Greenville were pretty much useless because it was too much technical information all at once. Technical training should be done on the office level so that interns can learn the procedures of various offices while working on actual clients. Additionally, each office should think harder about what work they have available for interns to do. If you only have enough work for 2 interns, don't hire 5!

I learned the most about my industry, and myself that I have ever with a job

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client work integrated with social activities and community service

We had too much down time and sometimes weren't busy.

I would definitely recommend doing this internship. There are a multitude of opportunities and great people to connect with.

Progessive, family culture, values work-life balance, great experince

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Variety of work, culture of office, lots of things planned

The lack of accouting work avalible to the interns and lack of training materials

It's a great internship if you want to be able to really experince all that an Accounting firm has to offer. They present you with numerous oppurtunities to really feel out what it is like to work at an accounting firm. Everyone at Elliott Davis is super helpful and really cares about and takes interest in their interns.

Advice to Management

Better understanding of the specility groups as an intern

Elliott Davis' ENVISION is as close to being a full time employee as an intern can get while also being fun and helping the community

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship provided the basis of what life is like as a first year staff, while also allowing for community service and development.

There were times during the internship when I ran out of things to do. During those times, I would walk around the office asking if anyone needed help. This was great because I had the opportunity to meet Elliott Davis employees I hadn't worked with before.

Always be yourself and be willing to help, regardless of the task!

Work Hard Play Hard

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with other employees at all levels and seeing all that Elliott Davis does to show that they value them

There was not always a lot of billable work that needed to be done

Elliott Davis provides a very manageable work-life balance that is not seen at some of the other firms. The employees are always willing to help work through any questions that you may have and do their best to explain the process so that you have an understanding of what you are doing. Elliott Davis also brings together all of the interns at the various offices at the beginning and end of the internship so you are able to network with the other young professionals at your same level.

Advice to Management

Training for interns would be more effective if we were able to follow along with the instructor.

This is a twitter question and I hate twitter.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People.

Too short

Take the job

Didnt interview

Advice to Management

Better communication between offices

A well rounded intership with lots of opprotunities to learn while being surrounded by great people

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Through the internship, I was able to learn a lot and now have real world examples to take back into the classroom. The people are what make the firm a place where you want to work. They are very supportive and willing to help.

The internship was a really good experience. There were times when I wish I had more work to do.

Elliott Davis has a great environment. The internship program has a lot to offer and is a great opportunity. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take the time to sit and train you. They have a vested interest in your future and want to see you succeed.

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

Challenging, but exciting learning process that has prepared me for my future career.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with and the amount of different tasks I was able to work on both in and outside of the office.

There was alot of downtime, but I was almost always able to find something to do.

Excellent place to work with great people.