Intern at Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Family Feel and Great Work/Life Balance

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/life balance

Difficulty to find projects when we were not assigned specific ones.

Show your personality, its important that you like the firm as much as they like you!

Advice to Management

Nothing! It was a great and well thought through internship experience.

What about Elliott Davis Decosimo interested you in interning/working with the firm the most?

Business Valuations and Consulting Internship

Greenville, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of structure and teaching, as well as ample opportunities for travel and diverse work

Nothing was bad about it

Be open to all areas of the firm, and get to know the people in the offices

The Elliott Davis Decosimo internship prepares you for the future career, provides ample work experience, and has a warm culture.

Raleigh, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

Could have used a few more work experience opportunities

The culture in this firm sets it apart from the others. They do a great job, continue to improve and still make it a fun environment.

Advice to Management

Training for interns could be improved. More focus on applying skills (practice tax returns or practice audit procedures).

The Elliott Davis Decosimo Internship Experience Creates Corporate and Socially Responsible Citizens

Greenville, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The balance of work and life was very important, even in the internship program. The ability to know the people I worked with personally led to an awesome experience.

The internship was very structured, so the training lasted longer than it should have. I learn better by doing.

Elliott Davis Decosimo is a great organization to work for! They care for you as an employee, person, and individual. Your personal growth is their mission.

Company Culture

Nashville, TN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the social events that we were able to attend to network with firm employees and learn more about the day-to-day life at the firm.

I least liked the out-of-town client work because it required a lot of driving time and was not that fulfilling.

The firm really focuses on the internship experience and strives to make it a good learning experience for the interns and to show off the firm culture in order to bring people in. It's a very encouraging place to work with great people. The work in the summer is rather slow, but that is expected for accounting firms.

Advice to Management

The work was not all that exciting, but the employees continued to talk about the difference between the summer months and busy season in an accounting firm, how there's different clients and different work, how your job changes as you advance in the company, etc.

The opportunity to gain knowledgeable experience while also impacting your community.

Nashville, TN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actually attending audits. Doing community service. The beach trip.

I did not have the opportunity to go on an external audit.

This is a great employer who is looking for top notch candidates and competes with the big four.

Culture and growth

Charlotte, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Environment

Only 8 weeks

Big on helping community

Advice to Management

In house activities with all levels in office

ENVISION gave me a great deal of insight in my prospective field, plus everyone I worked with were real, down to earth people.

Charleston, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the weekly lunches scheduled with managers and the wide array of tasks I was trusted with.

If there wasn't much work to do I found myself bored.

If you're looking for an organized, thought out internship this is the one to pick. They take car of their interns in the best possible way, and you will be given several opportunities to get to know everyone from staff to shareholder.

Advice to Management

The training could be more hands on, the videos were often hard to follow but I learned faster when I got to work in the software.

1. What is a big accomplishment you have done and been proud of?

2. Name some events in your life where you've taken a leadership position

3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years, not workwise

The best summer ever!

Columbia, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot of accounting skills and met a lot of people.

I wish we went on client sites more.

Elliott Davis Decosimo all the way! You won't regret it!

How Would You Like to be a Part of the Best Internship and Company Around?

Columbia, SC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office environment, how helpful all the other employees were, everything we learned, and many more things.

I least liked the fact that there wasn't always constant work for us to do.

Ask for help or work or anything you need and anyone will be very willing to help.