Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

Great Quality of Life and Fun People to Work With

The firm made sure that I was not overworked during my internship, even though it was busy season. I was able to see a variety of different types of clients, and work with many different people in the firm. The firm was flexible with me if I had any requests for assignments or different things.

Overall the internship was a great experience. There were no real cons to my experience.

I believe there is a great group of people and a great culture at this firm. The people there are fun to work with and easy to get along with. The work is challenging (as in any public accounting firm) but the culture and people of the firm make it worthwhile.

Date: 2013

Come spend your summer with Elliott Davis, and not only work hard, but play hard.

Some of the best aspects were the people that I worked with, the location of their office, and the type of work that I did. I was exposed to various industries and various clients and really got a feel for how a staff auditor feels in their first couple of years of work. We not only did fun activities such as community service, but we also maintained a healthy balance of work.

What I liked least about this internship is that learning the software took a little longer than I thought. I had never experienced this type of software before, so it just took a little bit for me to learn.

Based on my experience, Elliott Davis is a great place to start a career. Elliott Davis not only has the feel of a small regional firm, but also has a diverse client base ranging from both privately held companies to SEC clients. If you want well-rounded experience and hands on work, this is definitely the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only suggestion I have is the training. I think it would be more beneficial to have one on one training with a mentor, instead of having a big room where one person guides us through the software.

Date: 2013

Gain great experience in the field of public accounting while having fun!

The people, the audit engagements assigned to me

Sometimes there was not a ton of work for interns

Do not be afraid to ask questions! You will feel clueless on some assignments, but they are very good at answering questions and helping you with assignments.

Invaluable Learning Experience!

The office culture was by far the best aspect.

It was a little slow in the beginning, but that was to be expected.

You are gonna hear this so many times but when trying to decide on a firm keep an open mind and choose the firm where you feel the most at home.

Newspaper Headline: Elliott Davis Inspires Young Employees

The best part of the internship was learning how an accounting firm operates.

I would have like to have been more busy with client work.

I would tell the intern to look at the potential for growth in this career and explain how Elliott Davis is one of the best places to do that.

Date: 2013

Elliott Davis Internship, the experience that goes beyond textbooks and office work

The atmosphere that Elliott Davis created was so embracing; I was very nervous when I started the internship but everyone was extremely welcoming and approachable throughout the whole summer. I was also not afraid to ask for more work or more instructions on how to do certain work; they were very patient with me.

I did not like the second day of training. It was information overload. I would have preferred to learn Caseware, Intelliconnect and tax instructions in small groups or with my pals. I also did not get much interaction with my pal. I think it is because I did a lot of tax work and she was always gone on an audit so I was unable to go to her for some questions I had.

Elliott Davis would be a great place to work, they encourage work life balance and are respectful that employees have obligations outside of work. They also instill a lot of responsibility in their employees. This empowerment encourages the employee to work hard and hopefully he/she will give great work back in return. Elliott Davis also encourages employees to become a part of the community within and outside of Elliott Davis.

Advice to Management

Elliott Davis should consider doing rotational internships for juniors or seniors who are not sure what type of accounting they may be interested in. For example, a younger intern could spend a week in PFS, a week in audit- within that, manufacturing, banking, real estate-, a week in international tax, etc.

Date: 2013

A very insightful and rewarding internship that provided me the opportunity to see the daily work of professionals in public accounting.

The best aspects of the internship were the networking opportunities and relationships I created with the people I worked with on a daily basis. Everyone during my internship was very helpful and eager to answer all of my questions, which made me feel very comfortable performing my work.

I liked least about my internship was the commute I was forced to drive to get to work. This is outside the scope of the employer, however and this aspect was outside their control.

I would remind a candidate to keep in mind that public accountants do work hard and there can be, at times, stressful work days and long hours. However, the people who you work with on a daily basis help with this aspect and make the work highly enjoyable.

Advice to Management

I would suggest more diversity in terms of letting interns see different type of projects. However, other than this my internship experience during the "busy season" months was exactly what I wanted to experience.

The Internship Experience

the employees, outside office events (community service, happy hours, pulse events), learning about the business, the time spent talking with shareholders and senior managers, and getting the opportunity to meet a lot of great people

The only thing that I can think of is that I would have like to have more client work.

It's a great firm and has great employees. It's been rated one of the top places to work in South Carolina the past few years.

Date: 2013

Nice place, nice people, not a phenominal internship because there wasn't much to do but being full time seemed less boring.

The people were great. They took an interest in their coworkers

I had nothing to do.

Ask around for work and bring things to keep you occupied

Date: 2012

Excellent experience, great people, and a rewarding experience

Learning opportunities, professional development, interaction with clients

too much down time during the summer months

Highly recommend

Advice to Management

You do a great job