Intern at Elliott Davis Decosimo ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Fun & Educational

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned alot in the area of corporate tax but also had fun doing it. The staff at Elliott Davis Decosimo is outstanding and really easy to learn from.

While I thoroughly enjoyed most areas of the internship, I think it would have been better suited to allow more interns to meet clients on the Tax side.

This is an internship that your friends will be jealous of! You get paid exceptionally well, you interact with fantastic people, but you also learn alot and will never be afraid to ask questions regarding your projects.

Advice to Management

Really promote the work/life balance and the culture that most of the Elliott Davis Decosimo employees experience. It is a pro compared to other firms and will allow you to stand out against them.

What do you do for fun? What type of experience are you looking for in an internship?

Best job I've ever had

Columbia, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed learning about the office culture and bonding with my hopefully soon-to-be coworkers.

There was some down time in the beginning where I was not given much to work on.

If you are looking for an accounting internship, Elliott Davis Decosimo is definitely a great option. Their internship program has the perfect balance of career development, bonding opportunities, and fun activities.

Fun-filled crash course into the real life of an auditor

Greenville, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They really gave us a lot of client work for me to really understand what being an auditor is all about.

It I wish it could have been longer.

Do not stress over offers during your internship. Do your best and enjoy yourself because it flies by.

From orientation to the closing beach trip, ENVISION is full of great experiences and great people.

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Working alongside fulltime staff on actual client work.
-Developing skills useful in the real world.
-Expanding my knowledge of the field of accounting and having the opportunity to explore multiple service lines.
-Making genuine friendships and professional relationships that I will continue to develope over the coming years
-The beach trip!

-I wish it was longer!
-Occasionally we had long commutes to clients' offices.

-Get to know the recruiters, they're great and really want to help you along the way.
-Reach out to fulltime employees inside the firm. The culture at Elliott Davis Decosimo is very open and everyone is friendly.
-Ask questions! No one expects you to know all the answers.

Elliott Davis seeks to grow the next generation of leaders in business by providing real world experience and service.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work environment, accounting experience, relationships with employees, compensation, values.

The internship was not long enough!

This is a wonderful organization.

Elliott Davis Decosimo Internship: Blend of Client Experience and Community Engagement with a focus on Healthy Work Culture

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were the community service engagements and the ability to work on clients alongside staff. The opportunity to meet upper level management for lunches and to have staff outings were fun as well. The company has a focus to have a healthy work/life balance.

There are periods of dead time where no one has work to give out.

It is the largest regional CPA firm in the Southeast and rated the top internship accounting program.

The fun way to do accounting!

Raleigh, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the leaders of the company, traveling on the job, and the people that I worked with every day.

We were not very busy, therefore there was a lot of downtime and missed opportunities for real life experience.

Elliott Davis Decosimo is an awesome company to work for and they really care about you and your development as an individual and not just what you can do for the company.

Comprehensive experience comprised of client work, prof development, volunteering & social activities

Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fringe benefits

Lack of work indicative of that of a first-year staff and a lack of training

Growing organization with lots of potential for upward mobility. Culture is employee-friendly.

Great learning experience.

Raleigh, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work on a new client each week. Got to experience many different aspects and segments of the audit.

I was limited to 40 hours a week.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Have separate projects for interns to work on when their workload is not at capacity.

What sparked your interest in our company?

The chance to meet the real accounting world in a really exciting way!

Charleston, SC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people want to help with your success.

Some of the training was long!

Make training earlier in the internship for Adobe and excel