4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

A great real-world experience that will lead to many opportunities in the future
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and work environment were great.

The hour long commute through traffic.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I had a great experience with this company.

Elliott Davis's Envision is the best internship available for students looking to go into public accounting.
Charleston, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

I loved it all.

Definitely pursue a internship with Elliott Davis because the company is green and the truly care about their employees. Also, the internship program includes much more than just doing client work. An intern gets to meet with all the positions in the company through lunches and happy hours. There is also a beach trip at the end to hang out with inters from other offices which is a blast.

Advice to Management

Everything was done perfectly.

Rewarding, Challenging, Informative
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We actually worked on client work !

I had no complaints!

I felt like I was important to the firm.

I participated in a recruitment event and did not have to go through a formal interview.

Advice to Management

Nothing

A Glance Into the Real Life of a Tax Accountant
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the shareholders and fellow employees while getting real life experience in tax accounting.

It was a smaller number of office people than I was expecting.

If you want one on one time with fellow employees and a laid back work environment, then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Having more training with the programs and computer systems would help!

A well rounded intership with lots of opprotunities to learn while being surrounded by great people
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Through the internship, I was able to learn a lot and now have real world examples to take back into the classroom. The people are what make the firm a place where you want to work. They are very supportive and willing to help.

The internship was a really good experience. There were times when I wish I had more work to do.

Elliott Davis has a great environment. The internship program has a lot to offer and is a great opportunity. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take the time to sit and train you. They have a vested interest in your future and want to see you succeed.

Accounting Firm Redefines Corporate Culture
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience, training, office environment, networking

The scheduling was a challenge, but the company is aware of this.

Don't be afraid to show interest in a particular area of accounting. It will only set you apart from the group and make you an asset to the company sooner rather than later.

Envision was an excellent welcome into the accounting profession.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment, the people, the experience, the activities and bonding, the learning.

The only con to my internship was that it didn't last longer.

Elliott Davis is an excellent firm to intern for. Don't worry, they don't expect you to know how to do everything already, but are very willing to help you learn.

This internship taught me more about public accounting than any college class ever could.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained from this internship is parallel to none. Elliott Davis doesn't make you go out and get coffee or make copies or do any of the other jobs that don't give you accounting experience. Instead, Elliott Davis throws you into the world of accounting with staff level work that you will be doing when you get out of college, which what all college graduates need in an internship.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the chance to get much client one-on-one interaction. I know this is because I don't have the experience yet but I still feel like it would have been great to do that.

Elliott Davis is an organization that really takes care of you. They offer great benefits, pay and have a great family atmosphere within the office as well. You get to travel a little and you are not just sitting at a computer desk all day. I would recommend Elliott Davis to anybody wanting to pursue a career in public accounting.

Advice to Management

The one thing I think Elliott Davis could do better is to take the time to implement some kind of training before you are sent out to a client on an engagement. This would make interns ask less questions to seniors on the job and make the billable hours to client decline significantly.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Awesome opportunity, friendly staff, and amazing work environment with hands on learning
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship was the friendliness of the staff. Having the PAL system was super beneficial and also the fact that everyone wanted to get to know you and take you out to lunch made you feel like they actually cared about you as a person and not just the job you were doing.

The part I least liked about the internship was the location. This has nothing to do with Elliott Davis, I am from Michigan so it was a hard adjustment at first to get used to working 40+ hours a week at a location 12 hours from home.

Elliott Davis is an awesome firm to work for. They really care about their employees, especially over busy season. They know hours can get long so they are always finding ways to make sure you aren't stuck in your cube all day doing work. The internship program was also unique in the fact that I got to pick what sort of things I wanted to work on. They would give me a little bit from all sorts of industries but then if I especially liked one I could request to do more from that industry. I personally just did a little bit from each one so I could kind of wet my hands in all aspects.