Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Accounting Internships  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.
Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

A great real-world experience that will lead to many opportunities in the future
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and work environment were great.

The hour long commute through traffic.

Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I had a great experience with this company.

Elliott Davis's Envision is the best internship available for students looking to go into public accounting.
Charleston, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture

I loved it all.

Definitely pursue a internship with Elliott Davis because the company is green and the truly care about their employees. Also, the internship program includes much more than just doing client work. An intern gets to meet with all the positions in the company through lunches and happy hours. There is also a beach trip at the end to hang out with inters from other offices which is a blast.

Advice to Management

Everything was done perfectly.

Great Experience with Great People
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the company culture. Everyone there was smart and capable while taking a particular interest in helping the interns learn and grow. The firm scheduled lots of social time outside of work to give interns the opportunity to get to know others in the office and tune into the firm culture. There was also a lot of mentorship. The firm was very intentional by pairing interns with a CPA that they regularly meet with and get to ask questions.

There was very little I did not like about this internship. I guess I would have liked a little more experience with different types of tax returns.

This company has the ideal accounting firm environment. It has the resources and depth of a large firm with the feel and mentorship of a small firm.

Accounting: The Real World
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the interactions with the interns and the trips.I enjoyed getting to know everyone who worked at the firm. This internship had a great balance of social and work life. Afterward I felt like I really got to know what the firm was truly about.

I did not like that sometimes there was nothing to do. I understood that it was just not too much to do during the summer.

Take the time to get to know the upper level management and not just the staff

Elliott Davis' ENVISION is as close to being a full time employee as an intern can get while also being fun and helping the community
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship provided the basis of what life is like as a first year staff, while also allowing for community service and development.

There were times during the internship when I ran out of things to do. During those times, I would walk around the office asking if anyone needed help. This was great because I had the opportunity to meet Elliott Davis employees I hadn't worked with before.

Always be yourself and be willing to help, regardless of the task!

Work Hard Play Hard
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with other employees at all levels and seeing all that Elliott Davis does to show that they value them

There was not always a lot of billable work that needed to be done

Elliott Davis provides a very manageable work-life balance that is not seen at some of the other firms. The employees are always willing to help work through any questions that you may have and do their best to explain the process so that you have an understanding of what you are doing. Elliott Davis also brings together all of the interns at the various offices at the beginning and end of the internship so you are able to network with the other young professionals at your same level.

Advice to Management

Training for interns would be more effective if we were able to follow along with the instructor.

It was perfect. The perfect balance of fun and learning.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people we got to work with.

It was too short

Don't judge Elliott Davis because they aren't big four. It's a great place to work

Challenging, but exciting learning process that has prepared me for my future career.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with and the amount of different tasks I was able to work on both in and outside of the office.

There was alot of downtime, but I was almost always able to find something to do.

Excellent place to work with great people.