The Elliott Davis Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

Full Time Job with a REAL Work-Life Balance

getting to go out on the client, office socials, interacting with other people in the firm, and always being kept busy with something meaningful to do instead of just busy work. The ending retreat to the beach provided by the firm was a plus too.

Nothing comes to mind.

Don't be nervous going into the internship! Everyone was once in the same spot you were in so it's okay to not completely know what is going on. Just have a willingness to learn and enjoy what you're doing.

The Road Ahead

being able to interact with clients and do real client work. I was able to learn so much during the internship.

I wish there would have been more clients I could have gone out to.

Don't be scared to ask questions- they don't expect you to know how to do most of the work you're given. Try your best, but definitely ask if you need to. Make the best of the experience- Get to know the shareholders, senior managers, etc., as well as the staff accountants so you can see if you'd be happy in the work environment.

Date: 2013

Everything you want in a summer internship and more.

Client work, community service, interactions with other employees, social gatherings, and the compensation

The only thing that I didn't love about the internship was soliciting for prizes for a raffle for charity. Even though I did not enjoy this as much, I still learned a lot from it and found it beneficial.

Be active, not passive. Meet as many people as you can and schedule lunches for every day of the summer. Work hard and ask questions. Ask how is value provided in the tasks you are performing.

Date: 2013

My internship is full of life and professional experience.

Professional training

Too much time spend on community service

It is the organizaion that care about their employee and clients.

Advice to Management

Balance the workload between busy season and regular work.

Date: 2013

Great internship with the ability to work with a lot of different people. Great training to help you out with and become successful

The ability to work with a lot of different people. I was able to work with senior managers and shareholders. The atmosphere was great and the training was helpful. They also showed confidence in me with working on different tax returns.

There was nothing I really didnt like. I wish I could have stayed on longer but understand that the tax season was over

Elliott Davis is a great company. They really take care of their employees. They have a great family like atmosphere and people really believe in you.

Advice to Management

I think that some of the people should really get to know the intern outside of work. I had a wonderful experience but would really like to have lunch with different managers to get to know them better.

Audit Internship

The people I worked with

Doing campaign work

Be yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions

The Elliott Davis Internship Experience - Interns Today, Accountants Tomorrow

Meeting and socializing with the employees and other interns, working on various client work, the beach retreat.

We weren't able to work overtime.

Elliott Davis offers the best of both worlds. It has a close knit feel, with a plethora of clients and opportunities to grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

Offer overtime to interns (if possible). I definitely would have worked more had I been given the opportunity to.

Date: 2013

Elliott Davis shows how much they care about thier clients, employees, community, and each intern as the future of Elliott Davis

Social activities to get to know co-workers; real work experience working on tax returns and other client work; networking with employees both in your office and others; everyone is always willing to help and truly wants to get to know you

There were times when there was not much work to do

Elliott Davis keeps you engaged throughout the internship and gets you immersed in the firm right away. I was able to work on real client work and did not waste time on useless tasks. Not only did I work hard, but Elliott Davis provided so many fun activities which helped to get to know my co-workers. They helped you to meet interns at other offices who may be your future co-workers by holding orientation and training for all of the interns together and ending the internship experience with a trip to the beach for everyone.

Advice to Management

Training could be imporved to be more effective. Hands-on practice is the best way to learn instead of watching someone show you how to use programs.

Date: 2013

I spent a summer surrounded by great people and gained valuable knowlege and experience.

The people here are so easy to work with and so helpful. They are genuinely interested in you and your future. They give you tasks that are challenging and make you think, but not without necessary instruction.

There were times when there was just nothing to do, which can be expected with auditing in the summer months. However, I could usually always find something to do, even if it was scanning or organizing or studying up on some auditing and accounting principles.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can. When you start with a group of interns it is easy to fall back in the shadows, so make sure to make yourself known. Introduce yourself to everyone and ask everyone in your office for work or if you can help them with anything. Be professional!!

Date: 2013

Real public accounting exprience with excellent pay.

Experiencing what daily public accounting work looks like. Learning how to prepare various tax work.

There were a few days with nothing to do.

If you want to work in public accounting, you should definitely consider Elliott Davis.