Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

External Auditor

Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and learning potentional.

Nothing! I honestly enjoyed every aspect of my experience.

The firm is only located in the southeast region of the United States.

Public Accounting Summer Camp

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

Accounting Firm Redefines Corporate Culture

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience, training, office environment, networking

The scheduling was a challenge, but the company is aware of this.

Don't be afraid to show interest in a particular area of accounting. It will only set you apart from the group and make you an asset to the company sooner rather than later.

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

Transformative

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with, flexibility with my hours (especially during school), the amount of information I learned, one on one guidance, accessibility to high ranking coworkers, and of course, wonderful pay.

The only negative I can say about the internship was the lack of work at certain points in the internship. Some days I didn`t have work to do, but I was able to study for the CPA exam or my classes, which isn`t a bad deal at all. More or less grasping at straws with this one.

Meet as many people as you can, develop relationships with these people, and pick their brains as much as you can. There are so many people at this office who relish the opportunity to help mentor you and guide you.

I was actually told to ask them questions, which is often more useful in learning about a potential employee. Students are trained on what to say more often than not. Having the potential employee ask questions is more revealing than a cookie-cutter answer supplied to them by an institution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing.

Great Experience with Great People

Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the company culture. Everyone there was smart and capable while taking a particular interest in helping the interns learn and grow. The firm scheduled lots of social time outside of work to give interns the opportunity to get to know others in the office and tune into the firm culture. There was also a lot of mentorship. The firm was very intentional by pairing interns with a CPA that they regularly meet with and get to ask questions.

There was very little I did not like about this internship. I guess I would have liked a little more experience with different types of tax returns.

This company has the ideal accounting firm environment. It has the resources and depth of a large firm with the feel and mentorship of a small firm.

This is a twitter question and I hate twitter.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People.

Too short

Take the job

Didnt interview

Advice to Management

Better communication between offices

Accounting: The Real World

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the interactions with the interns and the trips.I enjoyed getting to know everyone who worked at the firm. This internship had a great balance of social and work life. Afterward I felt like I really got to know what the firm was truly about.

I did not like that sometimes there was nothing to do. I understood that it was just not too much to do during the summer.

Take the time to get to know the upper level management and not just the staff

Envision was an excellent welcome into the accounting profession.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment, the people, the experience, the activities and bonding, the learning.

The only con to my internship was that it didn't last longer.

Elliott Davis is an excellent firm to intern for. Don't worry, they don't expect you to know how to do everything already, but are very willing to help you learn.