Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

The Road Ahead
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to interact with clients and do real client work. I was able to learn so much during the internship.

I wish there would have been more clients I could have gone out to.

Don't be scared to ask questions- they don't expect you to know how to do most of the work you're given. Try your best, but definitely ask if you need to. Make the best of the experience- Get to know the shareholders, senior managers, etc., as well as the staff accountants so you can see if you'd be happy in the work environment.

Everything you want in a summer internship and more.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client work, community service, interactions with other employees, social gatherings, and the compensation

The only thing that I didn't love about the internship was soliciting for prizes for a raffle for charity. Even though I did not enjoy this as much, I still learned a lot from it and found it beneficial.

Be active, not passive. Meet as many people as you can and schedule lunches for every day of the summer. Work hard and ask questions. Ask how is value provided in the tasks you are performing.

Full Time Job with a REAL Work-Life Balance
Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to go out on the client, office socials, interacting with other people in the firm, and always being kept busy with something meaningful to do instead of just busy work. The ending retreat to the beach provided by the firm was a plus too.

Nothing comes to mind.

Don't be nervous going into the internship! Everyone was once in the same spot you were in so it's okay to not completely know what is going on. Just have a willingness to learn and enjoy what you're doing.

Learning Experience

Networking

I liked everything about it

Elliott Davis is a wonderful place to work to get accounting experience. It also allows you to meet lots of different people

Advice to Management

Everything the management does is great

Huge opportunities to learn and make a lasting impression
Richmond, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work with outstanding compensation.

The summer time can be a little slow which means you may have some downtime.

Elliott Davis knows that you are a valuable asset and they make sure you know it. I had every resource I could imagine at my fingertips. There is so much to learn and I feel that elliott davis is the best place to do it.

My internship is full of life and professional experience.

Professional training

Too much time spend on community service

It is the organizaion that care about their employee and clients.

Advice to Management

Balance the workload between busy season and regular work.

Elliott Davis: personal and professional growth for audit and tax professionals
Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. I received a lot of work and stayed busy. Social outings were planned to help us form friendships with our coworkers. The work was challenging and I learned more than I expected.

There were a lot of group research projects and I would have liked to do more individual audit work.

Elliott Davis is an excellent choice as an employer. Each employee is valued as a person. The firm cares about the growth and satisfaction if the employees. It is a great work environment to be a part of.

Advice to Management

I am pleased with all of the above aspects of my workplace.

Great internship with the ability to work with a lot of different people. Great training to help you out with and become successful
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to work with a lot of different people. I was able to work with senior managers and shareholders. The atmosphere was great and the training was helpful. They also showed confidence in me with working on different tax returns.

There was nothing I really didnt like. I wish I could have stayed on longer but understand that the tax season was over

Elliott Davis is a great company. They really take care of their employees. They have a great family like atmosphere and people really believe in you.

Advice to Management

I think that some of the people should really get to know the intern outside of work. I had a wonderful experience but would really like to have lunch with different managers to get to know them better.

Elliott Davis shows how much they care about thier clients, employees, community, and each intern as the future of Elliott Davis
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Social activities to get to know co-workers; real work experience working on tax returns and other client work; networking with employees both in your office and others; everyone is always willing to help and truly wants to get to know you

There were times when there was not much work to do

Elliott Davis keeps you engaged throughout the internship and gets you immersed in the firm right away. I was able to work on real client work and did not waste time on useless tasks. Not only did I work hard, but Elliott Davis provided so many fun activities which helped to get to know my co-workers. They helped you to meet interns at other offices who may be your future co-workers by holding orientation and training for all of the interns together and ending the internship experience with a trip to the beach for everyone.

Advice to Management

Training could be imporved to be more effective. Hands-on practice is the best way to learn instead of watching someone show you how to use programs.

I spent a summer surrounded by great people and gained valuable knowlege and experience.
Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people here are so easy to work with and so helpful. They are genuinely interested in you and your future. They give you tasks that are challenging and make you think, but not without necessary instruction.

There were times when there was just nothing to do, which can be expected with auditing in the summer months. However, I could usually always find something to do, even if it was scanning or organizing or studying up on some auditing and accounting principles.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can. When you start with a group of interns it is easy to fall back in the shadows, so make sure to make yourself known. Introduce yourself to everyone and ask everyone in your office for work or if you can help them with anything. Be professional!!