Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION Summer Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Best experience ever!

Raleigh, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

They made you feel as if you were capable of doing things and wanted your help doing things and never made you feel stupid for not knowing something.

I wish there was more time to experience a larger variety of client work

Be open to new experiences and don't be afraid to ask questions

A young UGA student is molded into an Accounting Professional in just 7 weeks!

Augusta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure to different types of projects, building relationships with other employees, and getting to know the Clients.

That I had to leave to go back to school after 7 weeks.

I wish I would have known how important it is to have a good trip on working with complex technology and software.

Advice to Management

Honestly, everything was great! It would be very difficult to improve this Internship Experience.

We talked alot about my previous Volunteer work because this is something Elliott Davis Decosimo really values.

I was asked why I thought I would fit in with this firm and why I chose to focus on Tax.

Best Summer of College

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

They have a great emphasis on providing opportunities to develop your strengths.

There were no cons.

Go into the internship not for a job, but to maximize your learning and experience.

Advice to Management

You all are amazing. Please continue to invest in college students, you'll never regret it.

What are your strengths?
Name a time that you faced a challenge and how you handled it.
Tell me about yourself.
What do you know about Elliott Davis?

A taste of full time at Elliott Davis Decosimo

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work, social, other interns, volunteer opportunities, pay, trips, lunches and opportunities given to interns were all incredible.

There was legitimately nothing I didn't like about the internship. Maybe the fact that there was so much software to learn but that's just part of it.

All the staff are incredible and you will be taken to lunch at least 2 times a week which is great because it's free great lunch. The culture is incredible and what you see and hear from management is exactly what you get from every single person in the office. Everyone loves their job and really lives out the values of the firm.

Advice to Management

I don't see what elliottdavisdecosimo could do any better.

What are you looking for in a firm?
Mostly just ask about leadership opportunities during undergraduate studies.

An Incredible Summer

Columbia, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were treated as first year staff and worked on clients and performed tests and procedures and gained a lot of experience in the field.

That it ended

Go in trying to learn and showing everyone that you want to learn and work. Ask questions, and get to know people.

This internship was an amazing, beyond the textbok experience that allowed me to learn new skills with new people each day on the job.

Columbia, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experiences outside of the classroom and the textbook. Also, the people I was able to work with.

The Friday webcasts were not as beneficial as expected. Maybe if an employee was able to sit in with us to mediate each Friday, more could have been gained.

Know that there will not be work for you scheduled at all times, so take it upon yourself to get to know the employees and ask for work to show you are willing to work. Don't be hesitant to ask managers and senior managers for work either.

Advice to Management

N\A

N/A

A rewarding, unique internship that does just as much to develop your person as it does your professionalism.

Nashville, TN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My coworkers were the best part of the experience.

I did not like the service organization we chose.

Be yourself. You will find the right job with the company that naturally complements you. Do not put on a facade to fit in.

Best internship experience with a great culture!

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, experience, responsibility, trust, growth, challenge, events, activities, constant change in client work, I felt like I was actually helping.

I liked everything. I can't think of a negative comment.

I would strongly encourage any potential intern to do an internship with this firm. They really take the time to find a group of people to intern that they could see working in their office. Not only did I enjoy working with the current employees but I also enjoyed working with the other interns and have made new friends from this. This firm really means it when they say they value their culture and their people. I constantly felt like an asset to the firm and that what I was doing was important.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything I would change.

Where I wanted to work?
If I could see myself at this firm/Greenville?

The Best Internship Ever

Greenville, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Shareholders were very interested in getting to know the interns. They shared their calendars with us so we could easily see when they are free and schedule meetings with them. The firm had many happy hours that gave us the opportunity to meet with most people in the firm.

I can't really think of anything that I disliked about the firm. I had too great of an experience and don't have any complains.

People at Elliott Davis are genuinely interested in you as a person not just as an employee. So be ready to be intentional about developing meaningful relationships with them.

Enrich, Encourage, Enlighten, Enjoy Elliott Davis

Columbia, SC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very pleasant and easy to get along with. Great work life balance and I feel I made many friends in the process. Very knowledgeable people working with the firm that were helpful and taught me many useful and valuable things about the industry.

Not Applicable

Public accounting is a tough profession and the firm is very focused on getting the work done and satisfying the client. That being said, everyone at the firm makes working there enjoyable. It truly is a second family which makes going to work everyday easy and exciting.