4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

This is a twitter question and I hate twitter.
Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People.

Too short

Take the job

Didnt interview

Advice to Management

Better communication between offices

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

I learned the most about my industry, and myself that I have ever with a job
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client work integrated with social activities and community service

We had too much down time and sometimes weren't busy.

I would definitely recommend doing this internship. There are a multitude of opportunities and great people to connect with.

Superior Company Culture, Superior Work Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say that my exposure to Elliott Davis's company culture and their employees were the best aspects of the internship. An employee told me during the internship that public accounting is basically the same wherever you go, so you really have to enjoy the company culture and the people you work with. I really believe this to be true and Elliott Davis really proved to me that their company culture fits well with my personality and I enjoyed everybody I got the chance to work with.

There was nothing that I would change about the internship experience. I am sure that if I did have an issue, management would have quickly taken my suggestion and changed anything that I did not like.

I would tell a prospective candidate to be prepared to work hard, but also be prepared to enjoy their time at Elliott Davis. Through countless socials, lake days, beach trips, and kayaking trips, there is always something fun to look forward to. Even though I was working, I had a blast because I enjoyed the work I was doing and everyone that I was working with. Elliott Davis really values their employees and it shows in everything that they do.

Public Accounting Summer Camp
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

External Auditor
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and learning potentional.

Nothing! I honestly enjoyed every aspect of my experience.

The firm is only located in the southeast region of the United States.

Great Experience with Great People
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the company culture. Everyone there was smart and capable while taking a particular interest in helping the interns learn and grow. The firm scheduled lots of social time outside of work to give interns the opportunity to get to know others in the office and tune into the firm culture. There was also a lot of mentorship. The firm was very intentional by pairing interns with a CPA that they regularly meet with and get to ask questions.

There was very little I did not like about this internship. I guess I would have liked a little more experience with different types of tax returns.

This company has the ideal accounting firm environment. It has the resources and depth of a large firm with the feel and mentorship of a small firm.

Elliott Davis' ENVISION is as close to being a full time employee as an intern can get while also being fun and helping the community
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship provided the basis of what life is like as a first year staff, while also allowing for community service and development.

There were times during the internship when I ran out of things to do. During those times, I would walk around the office asking if anyone needed help. This was great because I had the opportunity to meet Elliott Davis employees I hadn't worked with before.

Always be yourself and be willing to help, regardless of the task!

Work Hard Play Hard
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with other employees at all levels and seeing all that Elliott Davis does to show that they value them

There was not always a lot of billable work that needed to be done

Elliott Davis provides a very manageable work-life balance that is not seen at some of the other firms. The employees are always willing to help work through any questions that you may have and do their best to explain the process so that you have an understanding of what you are doing. Elliott Davis also brings together all of the interns at the various offices at the beginning and end of the internship so you are able to network with the other young professionals at your same level.

Advice to Management

Training for interns would be more effective if we were able to follow along with the instructor.

Great work- life balance, with real world experience and fun mixed in.
Raleigh, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people that I worked with. Everyone that I worked with so helpful and understanding. They also allowed me to get the most out of every experience.

I honestly don't have any cons about the internship.

Be open to every experience and to every task, you will learn so much even doing the little things and by just listening to what everyone says.

Advice to Management

Training on who reports to who, who the interns should specifically report to and who should answer your specific questions.

Accounting: The Real World
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the interactions with the interns and the trips.I enjoyed getting to know everyone who worked at the firm. This internship had a great balance of social and work life. Afterward I felt like I really got to know what the firm was truly about.

I did not like that sometimes there was nothing to do. I understood that it was just not too much to do during the summer.

Take the time to get to know the upper level management and not just the staff