Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Accounting Internships  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

External Auditor
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and learning potentional.

Nothing! I honestly enjoyed every aspect of my experience.

The firm is only located in the southeast region of the United States.

Public Accounting Summer Camp
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

#1 Internship Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

This internship taught me more about public accounting than any college class ever could.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience gained from this internship is parallel to none. Elliott Davis doesn't make you go out and get coffee or make copies or do any of the other jobs that don't give you accounting experience. Instead, Elliott Davis throws you into the world of accounting with staff level work that you will be doing when you get out of college, which what all college graduates need in an internship.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the chance to get much client one-on-one interaction. I know this is because I don't have the experience yet but I still feel like it would have been great to do that.

Elliott Davis is an organization that really takes care of you. They offer great benefits, pay and have a great family atmosphere within the office as well. You get to travel a little and you are not just sitting at a computer desk all day. I would recommend Elliott Davis to anybody wanting to pursue a career in public accounting.

Advice to Management

The one thing I think Elliott Davis could do better is to take the time to implement some kind of training before you are sent out to a client on an engagement. This would make interns ask less questions to seniors on the job and make the billable hours to client decline significantly.

Incredible Learning Experience
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.
Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

Transformative
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with, flexibility with my hours (especially during school), the amount of information I learned, one on one guidance, accessibility to high ranking coworkers, and of course, wonderful pay.

The only negative I can say about the internship was the lack of work at certain points in the internship. Some days I didn`t have work to do, but I was able to study for the CPA exam or my classes, which isn`t a bad deal at all. More or less grasping at straws with this one.

Meet as many people as you can, develop relationships with these people, and pick their brains as much as you can. There are so many people at this office who relish the opportunity to help mentor you and guide you.

I was actually told to ask them questions, which is often more useful in learning about a potential employee. Students are trained on what to say more often than not. Having the potential employee ask questions is more revealing than a cookie-cutter answer supplied to them by an institution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Informational and great learning experience
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just being hands on with everyday public accounting and working with a great staff.

I don't have any cons about this internship. It was a great experience.

There is a great culture set in based at Elliott Davis. There is a great group of employee and are very good at what they do.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Envision was an excellent welcome into the accounting profession.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment, the people, the experience, the activities and bonding, the learning.

The only con to my internship was that it didn't last longer.

Elliott Davis is an excellent firm to intern for. Don't worry, they don't expect you to know how to do everything already, but are very willing to help you learn.