The Elliott Davis Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Elliott Davis offers face to face teaching while still having the opporutinties of a large firm.

Going out a clients, talking with senior leaders, dealing with financial statements.

I did care for the leadership books. I kind of felt like they were meant as busy work.

Know that there are a lot of opporutinites at ED and that the work you do will be more recognized than working at a big 4.

Date: 2013

Would do it all over again in a hearbeat.

Working closely with every level of the company, going out in the field to do client work, community service, afternoon outings and happy hours.

Days when I didn't have any work to do, having to go search out work from people.

Get out and do as much as you can when you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

Exposure to many aspects of the firm.

Meeting many people and developing professional relationships as well as friendships.

Some days I had to sit in my cubicle for a vast amount of time. Other than that, I really enjoyed everything.

Network as much as you can and always put forth all your effort when accomplishing tasks.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all of the management tactics I was exposed to throughout the summer. They treated us very well at Elliott Davis.

Date: 2013

My internship is full of life and professional experience.

Professional training

Too much time spend on community service

It is the organizaion that care about their employee and clients.

Advice to Management

Balance the workload between busy season and regular work.

Date: 2013

Tax Intern involved in the community

working with the different levels of professionals

Feedback was sometimes poor

I would advise future interns to be outgoing and always ask for more work.

Date: 2013

Elliott Davis: personal and professional growth for audit and tax professionals

Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. I received a lot of work and stayed busy. Social outings were planned to help us form friendships with our coworkers. The work was challenging and I learned more than I expected.

There were a lot of group research projects and I would have liked to do more individual audit work.

Elliott Davis is an excellent choice as an employer. Each employee is valued as a person. The firm cares about the growth and satisfaction if the employees. It is a great work environment to be a part of.

Advice to Management

I am pleased with all of the above aspects of my workplace.

The Road Ahead

being able to interact with clients and do real client work. I was able to learn so much during the internship.

I wish there would have been more clients I could have gone out to.

Don't be scared to ask questions- they don't expect you to know how to do most of the work you're given. Try your best, but definitely ask if you need to. Make the best of the experience- Get to know the shareholders, senior managers, etc., as well as the staff accountants so you can see if you'd be happy in the work environment.

Date: 2013

I had a great time as an intern for Elliott Davis and I learned a lot.

The ability to ask questions whenever I needed too. My last job caused me to figure out a lot on my own so everybody's openness really made my internship mostly stress free.

We were so busy during tax season that it got hard to learn from my mistakes. I was just told to fix them without a real explanation. We are really busy though so I understand, but that was the most difficult part of my experience.

Do not be afraid to ask as many questions as possible and meet as many people as you can. It really helps you out.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no idea. They do such a great job of taking care of us that I don't know what I would want them to change.

Date: 2013

By interning at Elliott Davis, you will get a wide exposure to many different clients, allowing you to find what interests you most.

Being able to do meaningful, staff-level work for a variety of different industries and clients.

Sometimes you would have an overwhelming amount of responsibilities with too many people having you work on different projects. Prioritizing who's work came first and managing expectations was sometimes a challenge.

Try to get to know people and do work for as many different people as possible.

Advice to Management

Try to make training a little more engaging. Current training requirements are somewhat mundane.

The Ultimate Accounting Internship

There was a perfect mix of work and play

There was not much feedback on your perfmormace

This is a perfect fit for anyone outgoing, who is looking for a young, fun and knolwedgeable employer