Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Overall Internships

By interning at Elliott Davis, you will get a wide exposure to many different clients, allowing you to find what interests you most.
Charleston, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do meaningful, staff-level work for a variety of different industries and clients.

Sometimes you would have an overwhelming amount of responsibilities with too many people having you work on different projects. Prioritizing who's work came first and managing expectations was sometimes a challenge.

Try to get to know people and do work for as many different people as possible.

Advice to Management

Try to make training a little more engaging. Current training requirements are somewhat mundane.

Would do it all over again in a hearbeat.
Greenville, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with every level of the company, going out in the field to do client work, community service, afternoon outings and happy hours.

Days when I didn't have any work to do, having to go search out work from people.

Get out and do as much as you can when you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Tax Intern involved in the community
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with the different levels of professionals

Feedback was sometimes poor

I would advise future interns to be outgoing and always ask for more work.

Elliott Davis offers face to face teaching while still having the opporutinties of a large firm.
Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going out a clients, talking with senior leaders, dealing with financial statements.

I did care for the leadership books. I kind of felt like they were meant as busy work.

Know that there are a lot of opporutinites at ED and that the work you do will be more recognized than working at a big 4.

Real public accounting exprience with excellent pay.
Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing what daily public accounting work looks like. Learning how to prepare various tax work.

There were a few days with nothing to do.

If you want to work in public accounting, you should definitely consider Elliott Davis.

I spent a summer surrounded by great people and gained valuable knowlege and experience.
Columbia, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people here are so easy to work with and so helpful. They are genuinely interested in you and your future. They give you tasks that are challenging and make you think, but not without necessary instruction.

There were times when there was just nothing to do, which can be expected with auditing in the summer months. However, I could usually always find something to do, even if it was scanning or organizing or studying up on some auditing and accounting principles.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can. When you start with a group of interns it is easy to fall back in the shadows, so make sure to make yourself known. Introduce yourself to everyone and ask everyone in your office for work or if you can help them with anything. Be professional!!

Audit Internship
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with

Doing campaign work

Be yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions

Full Time Job with a REAL Work-Life Balance
Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to go out on the client, office socials, interacting with other people in the firm, and always being kept busy with something meaningful to do instead of just busy work. The ending retreat to the beach provided by the firm was a plus too.

Nothing comes to mind.

Don't be nervous going into the internship! Everyone was once in the same spot you were in so it's okay to not completely know what is going on. Just have a willingness to learn and enjoy what you're doing.

The Ultimate Accounting Internship
Charleston, SC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was a perfect mix of work and play

There was not much feedback on your perfmormace

This is a perfect fit for anyone outgoing, who is looking for a young, fun and knolwedgeable employer

Elliott Davis: personal and professional growth for audit and tax professionals
Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. I received a lot of work and stayed busy. Social outings were planned to help us form friendships with our coworkers. The work was challenging and I learned more than I expected.

There were a lot of group research projects and I would have liked to do more individual audit work.

Elliott Davis is an excellent choice as an employer. Each employee is valued as a person. The firm cares about the growth and satisfaction if the employees. It is a great work environment to be a part of.

Advice to Management

I am pleased with all of the above aspects of my workplace.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)