Intern at Elliott Davis ENVISION ? Submit a Review

A wonderful summer, learning more than I thought possible and having a great time doing it.

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the really fun summer activities that made me feel like I wasn't missing out on my summer. Being given challenging work that kept me interested.

Research was my least favorite part of the internship although I understand that in the field of accountancy research is required in order to keep up with new rules and be able to solve all the different issues you are confronted with on a daily basis.

Learn as much as you can, stay organized, work hard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

So what made you want to work for Elliott Davis?

Why do you think Elliott Davis would be a good place to work for you?

What will you bring to the company?

What opportunities can the company provide for you?

Advice to Management

Management of the company could not have treated me better this summer.

Incredible Learning Experience

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high level clients I was allowed to work on with the full time staff members. The year end trip to Charleston. The philanthropy projects we were allowed to do throughout the summer.

I do not have a response for this item.

Get involved, meet new people, and have fun!

Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who is not thought of as "easy to get along with".

Advice to Management

I enjoyed all aspects of the program, I am not sure I can say there is a specific area that needed attention or could improve.

Great Experience with Great People

Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the company culture. Everyone there was smart and capable while taking a particular interest in helping the interns learn and grow. The firm scheduled lots of social time outside of work to give interns the opportunity to get to know others in the office and tune into the firm culture. There was also a lot of mentorship. The firm was very intentional by pairing interns with a CPA that they regularly meet with and get to ask questions.

There was very little I did not like about this internship. I guess I would have liked a little more experience with different types of tax returns.

This company has the ideal accounting firm environment. It has the resources and depth of a large firm with the feel and mentorship of a small firm.

Transformative

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with, flexibility with my hours (especially during school), the amount of information I learned, one on one guidance, accessibility to high ranking coworkers, and of course, wonderful pay.

The only negative I can say about the internship was the lack of work at certain points in the internship. Some days I didn`t have work to do, but I was able to study for the CPA exam or my classes, which isn`t a bad deal at all. More or less grasping at straws with this one.

Meet as many people as you can, develop relationships with these people, and pick their brains as much as you can. There are so many people at this office who relish the opportunity to help mentor you and guide you.

I was actually told to ask them questions, which is often more useful in learning about a potential employee. Students are trained on what to say more often than not. Having the potential employee ask questions is more revealing than a cookie-cutter answer supplied to them by an institution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

Learning filled and fun

Greenville, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Just the right amount of work, volunteering, intern activities,

nothing really

the culture is different here

How do you work with others

Advice to Management

better training in beginning

#1 Internship Experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone and seeing so many things that I learned in school be put into practice.

That it didn't last longer.

The people and culture at Elliott Davis are great. The work experience is fun, but also challenging, which creates the perfect combination.

My interview consisted of getting to know several of the employers at Elliott Davis. In conversation, they asked questions, such as:

"What are your plans for the future, over the next year, 5 years, 10 years."

"What type of organizations are you involved in and what do you do within those organizations."

Advice to Management

My experience was great.

Want the salary and client experiences of the Big-4 employees with the community of a smaller firm? Check out Elliott Davis!

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, team building activities, happy hours, mentorship programs, community service.

Sometimes there wasn't work for us to do.

Elliott Davis actually upholds the promises it makes, such as competitive salaries, career development and mentoring, work/life balance, etc.

Tell me three things you do outside of the business school.

Advice to Management

Training for the interns needs to be revamped. The days spent in Greenville were pretty much useless because it was too much technical information all at once. Technical training should be done on the office level so that interns can learn the procedures of various offices while working on actual clients. Additionally, each office should think harder about what work they have available for interns to do. If you only have enough work for 2 interns, don't hire 5!

This is a twitter question and I hate twitter.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People.

Too short

Take the job

Didnt interview

Advice to Management

Better communication between offices

I learned the most about my industry, and myself that I have ever with a job

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client work integrated with social activities and community service

We had too much down time and sometimes weren't busy.

I would definitely recommend doing this internship. There are a multitude of opportunities and great people to connect with.