Elliott Davis ENVISION Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Accounting Internships  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 74 Intern Reviews)

Transformative
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with, flexibility with my hours (especially during school), the amount of information I learned, one on one guidance, accessibility to high ranking coworkers, and of course, wonderful pay.

The only negative I can say about the internship was the lack of work at certain points in the internship. Some days I didn`t have work to do, but I was able to study for the CPA exam or my classes, which isn`t a bad deal at all. More or less grasping at straws with this one.

Meet as many people as you can, develop relationships with these people, and pick their brains as much as you can. There are so many people at this office who relish the opportunity to help mentor you and guide you.

I was actually told to ask them questions, which is often more useful in learning about a potential employee. Students are trained on what to say more often than not. Having the potential employee ask questions is more revealing than a cookie-cutter answer supplied to them by an institution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Elliott Davis: The People Make the Place

The people at Elliott Davis; the intern/staff interactions

The process of exit interviews/offers on last day of internship--wasn't fair to those interns who didn't get offers because they had to face other interns who did.

This firm took me in and made me feel like family. If you're looking for a business place to call home, a place where employees have work-life balance, then Elliott Davis is the place for you!

Elliott Davis' ENVISION is as close to being a full time employee as an intern can get while also being fun and helping the community
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship provided the basis of what life is like as a first year staff, while also allowing for community service and development.

There were times during the internship when I ran out of things to do. During those times, I would walk around the office asking if anyone needed help. This was great because I had the opportunity to meet Elliott Davis employees I hadn't worked with before.

Always be yourself and be willing to help, regardless of the task!

Work Hard Play Hard
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with other employees at all levels and seeing all that Elliott Davis does to show that they value them

There was not always a lot of billable work that needed to be done

Elliott Davis provides a very manageable work-life balance that is not seen at some of the other firms. The employees are always willing to help work through any questions that you may have and do their best to explain the process so that you have an understanding of what you are doing. Elliott Davis also brings together all of the interns at the various offices at the beginning and end of the internship so you are able to network with the other young professionals at your same level.

Advice to Management

Training for interns would be more effective if we were able to follow along with the instructor.

Superior Company Culture, Superior Work Experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say that my exposure to Elliott Davis's company culture and their employees were the best aspects of the internship. An employee told me during the internship that public accounting is basically the same wherever you go, so you really have to enjoy the company culture and the people you work with. I really believe this to be true and Elliott Davis really proved to me that their company culture fits well with my personality and I enjoyed everybody I got the chance to work with.

There was nothing that I would change about the internship experience. I am sure that if I did have an issue, management would have quickly taken my suggestion and changed anything that I did not like.

I would tell a prospective candidate to be prepared to work hard, but also be prepared to enjoy their time at Elliott Davis. Through countless socials, lake days, beach trips, and kayaking trips, there is always something fun to look forward to. Even though I was working, I had a blast because I enjoyed the work I was doing and everyone that I was working with. Elliott Davis really values their employees and it shows in everything that they do.

A well rounded intership with lots of opprotunities to learn while being surrounded by great people
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Through the internship, I was able to learn a lot and now have real world examples to take back into the classroom. The people are what make the firm a place where you want to work. They are very supportive and willing to help.

The internship was a really good experience. There were times when I wish I had more work to do.

Elliott Davis has a great environment. The internship program has a lot to offer and is a great opportunity. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take the time to sit and train you. They have a vested interest in your future and want to see you succeed.

Accounting Firm Redefines Corporate Culture
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience, training, office environment, networking

The scheduling was a challenge, but the company is aware of this.

Don't be afraid to show interest in a particular area of accounting. It will only set you apart from the group and make you an asset to the company sooner rather than later.

Public Accounting Summer Camp
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The character building, networking opportunities, and real life experience.

I enjoyed every part of my internship.

Great firm to work for because they truly care about their employees.

Why Elliott Davis?

Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how sis you handle it?

Advice to Management

I believe the firm needs to diversify and recruit heavily from other universities besides Clemson and USC.

External Auditor
Augusta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and learning potentional.

Nothing! I honestly enjoyed every aspect of my experience.

The firm is only located in the southeast region of the United States.

Get experience in accounting with a firm that has great people, huge growth potential, and a great work-life balance.
Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting quality hands-on experience with real clients while working around friendly people. The activities planned for interns that included social events and community service events were terrific.

One thing that would strengthen the internship program is to have more formal feedback throughout. For example, having each intern meet with someone to learn how they are doing as a whole would be good.

Absorb as much as you can. Be friendly and introduce yourself to people around the office.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)