Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Accounting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

SOAR continues to be a very worthwhile oppurtunity and knowledge seeking experience
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-People continue to be supportive and helpful

-Range of work made it that more valuable

-Needed more opportunities to connect with other interns and employees

- Great insurance

- Great perks and people

Great company with great people
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real life experience

Missing school

Ask questions

Tell me about yourself, behavioral questions

Advice to Management

N/A

Corwe nutures and encourages growth through hands-on practice
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All staff members were very willing to give more work if they were asked. Also every audit brought a new type of experience/ new task so that I wasn't doing the same thing every audit.

I can't think of anything.

Work-life balance, work environment/energy, core values

Advice to Management

Efficiency with instructions to interns. For example, rolling DCAs and ERLAs is something many of the staff gave me, and though it is a straight forward process, there were sometimes deviations in instructions. Perhaps creating some kind of uniform template/ instruction sheet for basic tasks for interns will save both the interns and staff members time.

Amazing
Anaheim, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a varity of client, and with different staff.

There was nothing that I didn't enjoy.

The whole firm really lives up tp its values. It does not feel supper competitive, instead everyone is very supportive of you and is really interested in helping you feel grow.

Awesome opportunity
Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being allowed to work at the client site and doing real accounting work. Did not feel like I was given menial tasks to keep busy. I was doing exactly what a first year staff would do.

The business unit I interned in requires a lot of overnight travel and can be hectic at times.

Learn as much as you can and don't be afraid to ask questions and to take on new tasks.

Tell me a time when you had to lead a group and how you did it?

Advice to Management

As for the business unit I was in I know that a lot of people tend to leave because of the extensive travel. Although, i understand the job requires you to travel maybe the company can set up a system where your away two weeks and home two weeks.,

The Internship Experience: Travel, Multiple Clients, New Experiences
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The full-time staff are very friendly and make themselves available to help you learn. The work assigned to me was the same work that first-year staff do, so I really got to learn a lot and see exactly what I would be doing if I worked there. The salary for the internship exceeded the average for the accounting industry. I got to be on multiple clients during the summer, so I met a lot of people in the firm and got to do different work every two weeks.

I missed a lot of the intern events because I was on various clients throughout the summer. I was traveling and was not in the office in NY, causing me to miss the events.

As an intern, you may be traveling a lot depending on the department you are in. Do not expect to be going into the office that you are based in every day. Also expect to be learning a lot. You do different work on every client, so you will have to be able to learn quickly.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years?

Advice to Management

Communication during travel could be improved, especially when the staff on the team do not all know each other.

Enjoyable experince, Great people, Learned a lot
Lexington, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

On the job work experience in most every aspect of a financial institution audit.

At some points during my internship I felt stretched thin, but never for extended periods of time. There were always people willing and able to help me.

Get in with an organization early. Go to leadership conferences. Give a potential employer your resume a year or two earlier than what they are looking for and keep coming back to interview.

Traveling with many great people to experience many new things.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling to different places while working and learning from many different people.

I did not dislike anything about the internship.

My advice to you would be to ask as many questions as possible, and try to meet as many people as possible.

What challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them?

Advice to Management

I do not think anything needs to change. I had a wonderful experience.

The Crowe Horwath Internship provides a great starting point for a career in public accounting
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the great aspects of the internship included the challenging work, the high level of respect given to all interns and employees, the firm's culture, all of the helpful people, and some great mentors.

When in the office, the amount of work available was often not enough to keep the interns busy for the whole day. There was a lot of down time when in the office due to the typical downtime of auditing in the summer.

Crowe is a fantastic firm that highly values its employees. The culture at Crowe is very welcoming and inclusive, and is a great place to work.

Real experience for the real world.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was a part of the team. Everything was transparent. I was able to work on the same projects as a staff would.

The interview process did not inform me of exactly which business unit I would be in. Also, I missed some of the firm-wide info sessions for interns b

Crowe does not have a Big 4 culture, so interns feel welcomed and like they are cared about.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?