Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Great hands-on experience and lots of fun

The people I worked with made it great. They helped me along and when I struggled with something I had people helping me step by step. It was a great working environment,

There were some weeks where there was not a lot of work for us to do. We were sitting around asking for work and sometimes would not get anything for a whole day. This was frustrating, but we were also told it was rare-- they just did not have any simple returns to get us started on.

This is great if you want to do tax accounting. You get a lot more hands on experience and familiarity with tax returns. You get to meet a lot of people, including the partners, and sometimes even work directly with partners. Its a great alternative to the big 4 accounting firms.

Date: 2013

Olivia Burns Hits a Home-run with Crowe Horwath and Experiences a Career-Changing Opportunity as an Audit Intern

traveling, meeting new people, and learning a lot

long hours, working saturdays

Crowe is a great company to work for. They took good care of me, even as an intern! I would feel honored to work for this company when I finish school.

Advice to Management

For the Fort Wayne office specifically, more social activities for the employees may help bring up the moral. I noticed quite a lot of gossip and not enough positive attitudes and energy.

Date: 2013

Hands-on Experience leads to a valuable internship

Being able to engage on client engagements - not as an intern, but you feel like a full time hire

I liked everything

Being open minded, understanding all aspects of the client's needs, and being independent

10 weeks of invaluable experience with Crowe

It includes the amount of learning involved, first hand experience with industry experts, and the Crowe culture.

The only thing I can think of is the paid parking!

Crowe provides excellent opportunities to learn and develop accounting skills. Go Crowe!

Date: 2013

Discover your future profession.

Great co-workers, real-life experience, well paid job, training in Chicago, personal space in the office, personal laptop, etc.

To be honest with you, I cannot recall anything that I did not like from my internship.

Be yourself, work hard, learn as much as you can.

Advice to Management

Continue the same approach in developing and organizing this great internship program.

Challenging, but extremely rewarding

High level of responsibility/decision making, direct interaction with various levels of client employees, and very friendly, helpful co-workers/managers.

Long hours and travel time away from home. However, this was expected working during busy season.

Be prepared to be challenged and work very hard. Also, try to interact with clients as much as possible; you will learn as much, or more from client interaction as you will from your managers.

Advice to Management

Training was a bit light. I felt like I was lost for the first week or two.

Great time!

Valuable work

Low man on the totem pole

Great fun!

Advice to Management

More work life balance

Date: 2013

Trusted like you were a full time employee

Learn more about the accounting field and get some hands on experience.

Some days there was just not enough work an intern was capable of performing.

Come into the internship with an open mind and take constructive criticism .

Date: 2013

Great opportunities and a company that cares.

I was able to perform work that was meaningful and that any other staff would be assigned as an intern.

I wasn't a big fan of auditing, so I transfered into consulting after the internship.

Potential for advancement and does the company care about you.

Date: 2013

Wonderful introduction to the consulting profession with valuable experiences and training

The best aspects of the internship were the real-life experience I had while working on the client project in the summer. I presented to the client at the end of the summer which was invaluable for my future career. Also, our internship program had a volunteer day for the interns which was a wonderful way to network with peers while giving back to the community. It was also a lot of fun!

I would have preferred to have a longer formal training course in order to better prepare myself for the rest of the summer.

If you are looking for an organization with wonderful work/life balance and an atmosphere focused on growing and developing its people, Crowe is the place. The internship offers wonderful real-life experience, and as a new hire I can say that the internship prepared me for the job I have today. Everyone is extremely helpful and open, and the culture is outstanding. Crowe is the place for those who want to succeed and continue to grow each day.

Advice to Management

They could improve upon their introductory training course for interns and new hires. It covered the basics, but could have been more in depth in order to better prepare those just starting for what they will be doing.