Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Interns gain meaningful experience and knowledge at Crowe

training, real experience, development of work skills.

Sometimes the traveling was tedious.

If you are looking for a caring workplace where people want to strive for their best and make a difference, then this is the right place to work.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees and their needs. It is crucial to work to help them achieve their goals. Then the employees will want to work hard for you and for Crowe.

Date: 2013

Close knit team, great people, tons of experience not making copies, oh and great pay

Team members Openness among the people Pay Travel

Long hours Lots of hours traveling

I did not want to work on just one client and treated as a underling. I received help in all aspects, lots of experience, clients in all fields, and treated with respect as a team member.

Advice to Management

More community involvement

Summer at one of the Best Places to Work in Indianapolis

The people and the work/life flexibility

Lack of client experience

Learn to communicate with several managers and learn to prioritize assignments

Advice to Management

Have a better communication plan to be aware of work load assigned to one person. Explain the expected work week hours (I found that the teams real expectations were different than what HR communicated to me in the beginning)

Wide range of Experiences

Being able to work on several different clients to be able to have a wide range of different experiences.

Would have liked a little more time in the office to meet more people.

Come in with an open mind, do what you are told, and don't be afraid to ask questions and put yourself out there.

Advice to Management

Give the perspective employee an idea of which clients they would be working on in particular.

Intern Gains Audit Experience in Enjoyable Environment

The people I worked with, some travel, working closely with clients

The amount of down time or time without work for interns (made some days extremely boring)

Ask a lot of questions!

Advice to Management

Add more opportunities for interns to engage in work if there is down time within their unit

Date: 2013

Come for the experience, stay for a career

The learning opportunities

The ability to get to know one another throughout the busy season

Remember that you don’t know everything and there is a learning curve so put your best foot forward and try your best.

Advice to Management

To help enhance the culture, there should be more outside social opportunities (volunteer, etc.) so the employees can get to know one another better.

Date: 2013

a unique alternative to the big four internship

Getting to meet professionals from around the U.S.

Too much good food.

Go with your gut.

Date: 2013

Couldn't have asked for a more rewarding internship experience.

The staff that I worked with, from interns like me who were relatable, to senior staff that made me feel welcomed in every engagement, to partners who were wise and understanding.

The hours were draining (nights and weekends), but it was understandable because of busy season. Travel was also inconvenient at times because every week I was at a different location, so I had to plan ahead and make sure there would be enough time to get there, whether or not there would be parking, hotel arrangements, etc.

Compared to the Big Four accounting firms, Crowe offers comparable compensation (not sure about benefits) with more reasonable hours. Even during busy season, I did 50-70 hr weeks. I've heard from friends at Big Four, it's more like 80+, every week. Also, I find the work environment to be more much friendly and less competitive at a mid-sized firm. Also, because we work with mid-tier clients, I'm at a different client almost every week, so I can gather a lot more variety in my experience than if I worked on 1 or 2 really big clients for the entire busy season.

Advice to Management

While the compensation is good, I wish there were better benefits, such as medical and dental insurance that was included in your pay or at least more affordable. It adds up over the course of a year.

Date: 2013

Internship providing exceptional experience in a very welcoming culture.

The experience that I received and how well they treated me despite how much I didn't know when preparing returns.

The hours. This is expected though. I was interning during the busiest time of the year.

Look at the culture of the firm and try to pick firms that value what you value. I wanted to pick a company that would be very challenging to work but focused on supporting their employees. You may have different values.

Date: 2013

The life of an auditor during busy season

Great experience and interaction with upper management and partners of the firm.

I would've preferred more opportunities to travel outside of the local South Bend area.

Be mindful of how well you get along with your supervisors, managers, partners, etc. That should be a good indication if you will enjoy working at the firm.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind.