Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Accounting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

A personally and professionally rewarding experience with meaningful work and frequent client interaction
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there served as a mentor to me and has continued to stay in touch even after the end of my internship. The people at Crowe really love the company and love their employees, which makes the workplace a fun and friendly environment. I looked forward to going to work every day.

I wasn't completely sure of what I would be doing during my internship when I started, so some more specificity of what my summer tasks will be would be helpful.

Meet as many people as you can! The people at Crowe are one of the biggest selling points. It is extremely important that you are comfortable in your work environment and after meeting just a few people at Crowe and asking about their interactions with their coworkers, you will see that it is an incredible environment to work in on rewarding projects.

Great Accounting Internship
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was very good and yiur coworkers are very helpful.

The training was not very good. They expected you to know most of it already.

Great accounting firm with opportunity to advance.

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.

SOAR
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups

An internship where you have impact
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were amazing. I always felt comfortable asking questions. They took the time out of their busy schedules to dedicate time to training and helping me. Also, I really enjoyed what I did. I was not there to serve coffee and do busy work. The work I did had a serious impact on the financial institutions I worked with.

The work -life balance was a little tough. Being on the road every week, you make great friends with your co-workers, but you also lose time with family, etc. Sometimes long hours are required to complete audits on time.

If you are at all interested in the regulatory environment, try out this internship. The work you do will have serious impact on the financial environment as well as bank customers. Also, keep your suitcase packed! You will need it! Lastly, don't think you have to be an accounting or finance major to work in regulatory compliance. Anyone can learn this stuff!

Excellent learning opportunity to challenge oneself.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation was above average.

Work was challenging and allowed me to learn

Training was fun and a great way to bond with other fellow interns.

SOAR volunteer day and the other info sessions was a great way to meet other staff and learn more about the firm

Reviews at the end were very distinct in terms of what you did great and what your weaknesses were.

I thought that the culture was great because I got along with everyone and met a lot of great people.

I wish that there was more work but it is just the nature of the season relative to the tax calendar.

Be out there and don't be afraid to challenge yourself.

Get to know other staff, including the ones that aren't in your groups or business units.

Can't remember any off the top of my head as this occurred in the fall, but it was very behavioral.

Advice to Management

It's hard to say right now as the Crowe office in NYC is relatively new. They've done a great job at growing the office and still are growing fast. I just hope that with this intensive growth the culture doesn't deteriorate or change for the worse. Also since their summer tax internship is relatively new they are trying to figure things out on what to do when the interns have free time. Having some sort of case studies or do research would be a great way to expand our knowledge, challenge ourselves, and we are more of an asset to the firm. I felt at times that I was just wasting assets.

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Great experience
Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

Crowe S.O.A.R. Internship Gives Interns Opportunity to Shine
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to work on some of the same projects that the full-time staff worked on. Everyone that assigned me work was willing to answer any questions I had, and I felt like I had all the support I needed to perform well. I felt that I was given a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to received more specific training that focused only on what my team worked on. I thought we received excellent training on the overview of the firm and our business units, but it would have been nice if some time would have been set aside to go over my team's specialty.

Inform yourself on the possibilities for career development at Crowe. The firm is going through healthy growth, and the opportunities for you to grow as well are definitely there. When I interned with Crowe, I felt that I had all of the support I needed to perform well.

What is your greatest strength? What has been your favorite class? What role do you take when you're in a group of people?

Advice to Management

The training could have been more comprehensive. I would have liked to learn more about the team that I was going to join before I started actually working.

You will learn so much you'll have a hard time remember it all!
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working on teams in a collaborative environment. Everyone was eager and willing to help and teach. I also liked the sense of business across the firm.

There were times when I wasn't 'in the field' on audits, and things got slow for me in the office. It was a lot harder trying to find work when I was in the office because there wasn't a very effective way of communicating my availability to those who had work to hand-off.

Ask lots of questions, have an open mindset, and don't be afraid to approach senior managers and/or partners!

Advice to Management

See second sentence of cons about communicating availabilty to those who have work to hand-off.