Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Accounting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

You Will Grow at Crowe

Quality mentoring

I would have liked to travel more.

Crowe is focused on growing employees. New employees must want to continue to grow as individuals and business people.

Crowe Horwath SOARS above with Exceptional Interns
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, work, perks

A lot of structure

They are an exceptional company with great employees.

Advice to Management

Let employees work from home more.

Performance internship
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

interfacing with my performance manager

nothing it was great

do your best it is a great experience

Advice to Management

more mentoring from Partners

Come experience the care of Crowe Horwath - the care given to clients, employees, the environment, and more!
South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience.

This particular internship (in the CAST departement) was still relatively new when I began, therefore, we lacked the proper training. However, we are now doing training on new topics almost every week.

Crowe is competitive with their wages, especially if you have other offers on the table.

Crowe really cares about their employees, and I believe that is very important for long-term hapiness within a company.

Describe a time when something needed to be done and you had to step up and be the leader in the situation.

Why are you interested in Crowe Horwath?

Most questions were very specififc situational-type questions.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had with Crowe at the beginning was lack of training (but this was a new program). When Crowe realized this was a problem they did not waste any time in creating programs to help their employees. Other than that, I had no other issues and I view Crowe as my dream place to work.

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.

A huge learning experience with an incredible firm.
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the traveling and my coworkers.

What I liked least about the internship was the long hours, but it was expected with working for an accounting firm during busy season.

I would definitely tell people to look into this organization. The firm is very respectful of its employees and the firm is very team orientated.

A good look into the accounting profession with great experiences throughout the internship.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The help received from staff with different work problems I encountered

Lack of work in the beginning of the internship.

Know the right questions to ask and do not be afraid to seek help with different problems.

Excellent learning opportunity to challenge oneself.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation was above average.

Work was challenging and allowed me to learn

Training was fun and a great way to bond with other fellow interns.

SOAR volunteer day and the other info sessions was a great way to meet other staff and learn more about the firm

Reviews at the end were very distinct in terms of what you did great and what your weaknesses were.

I thought that the culture was great because I got along with everyone and met a lot of great people.

I wish that there was more work but it is just the nature of the season relative to the tax calendar.

Be out there and don't be afraid to challenge yourself.

Get to know other staff, including the ones that aren't in your groups or business units.

Can't remember any off the top of my head as this occurred in the fall, but it was very behavioral.

Advice to Management

It's hard to say right now as the Crowe office in NYC is relatively new. They've done a great job at growing the office and still are growing fast. I just hope that with this intensive growth the culture doesn't deteriorate or change for the worse. Also since their summer tax internship is relatively new they are trying to figure things out on what to do when the interns have free time. Having some sort of case studies or do research would be a great way to expand our knowledge, challenge ourselves, and we are more of an asset to the firm. I felt at times that I was just wasting assets.

The unique alternative to the Big Four in NYC.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to experience a full busy season.

There was nothing I did not like about the internship

Be yourself and be prepared to work hard great people.

I honestly can not remember. I interviewed for this internship around 18 months ago.

Advice to Management

To understand that employees are working on a number of clients. There are situations where a person can not answer your question or complete work the moment it is brought to their attention.