4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

The best accounting firm to work for.
Springfield, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Both the work and the people were great. Everyone in the office seems genuinely dedicated to helping.

The hours, but that is to be expected.

Crowe really does demand quality work, but is more than willing to assist you to reach that level.

Advice to Management

N/A

Great experience
Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

An internship where you have impact
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were amazing. I always felt comfortable asking questions. They took the time out of their busy schedules to dedicate time to training and helping me. Also, I really enjoyed what I did. I was not there to serve coffee and do busy work. The work I did had a serious impact on the financial institutions I worked with.

The work -life balance was a little tough. Being on the road every week, you make great friends with your co-workers, but you also lose time with family, etc. Sometimes long hours are required to complete audits on time.

If you are at all interested in the regulatory environment, try out this internship. The work you do will have serious impact on the financial environment as well as bank customers. Also, keep your suitcase packed! You will need it! Lastly, don't think you have to be an accounting or finance major to work in regulatory compliance. Anyone can learn this stuff!

Supported Immersion in the Industry of Your Choice
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is awesome. They know how to work hard and play hard because work-life balance is extremely important to them. They care about their people and are invested in your development both professionally and just as a person.

I am looking for a job with more creative outlets so this is not the position for me. But for someone looking for a position in an accounting firm and a corporate setting, you can't get any better.

It was a fantastic summer experience and they recruit their full time employees very heavily from their interns.

Advice to Management

More personal interaction throughout the day. Cubicles were good for focusing, but made it difficult to meet others and collaborate.

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

A personally and professionally rewarding experience with meaningful work and frequent client interaction
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there served as a mentor to me and has continued to stay in touch even after the end of my internship. The people at Crowe really love the company and love their employees, which makes the workplace a fun and friendly environment. I looked forward to going to work every day.

I wasn't completely sure of what I would be doing during my internship when I started, so some more specificity of what my summer tasks will be would be helpful.

Meet as many people as you can! The people at Crowe are one of the biggest selling points. It is extremely important that you are comfortable in your work environment and after meeting just a few people at Crowe and asking about their interactions with their coworkers, you will see that it is an incredible environment to work in on rewarding projects.

Awesome
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real world experience

Nothing, it was a great internship

Be ready to work and contribute

You will learn so much you'll have a hard time remember it all!
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working on teams in a collaborative environment. Everyone was eager and willing to help and teach. I also liked the sense of business across the firm.

There were times when I wasn't 'in the field' on audits, and things got slow for me in the office. It was a lot harder trying to find work when I was in the office because there wasn't a very effective way of communicating my availability to those who had work to hand-off.

Ask lots of questions, have an open mindset, and don't be afraid to approach senior managers and/or partners!

Advice to Management

See second sentence of cons about communicating availabilty to those who have work to hand-off.

Come experience the care of Crowe Horwath - the care given to clients, employees, the environment, and more!
South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience.

This particular internship (in the CAST departement) was still relatively new when I began, therefore, we lacked the proper training. However, we are now doing training on new topics almost every week.

Crowe is competitive with their wages, especially if you have other offers on the table.

Crowe really cares about their employees, and I believe that is very important for long-term hapiness within a company.

Describe a time when something needed to be done and you had to step up and be the leader in the situation.

Why are you interested in Crowe Horwath?

Most questions were very specififc situational-type questions.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had with Crowe at the beginning was lack of training (but this was a new program). When Crowe realized this was a problem they did not waste any time in creating programs to help their employees. Other than that, I had no other issues and I view Crowe as my dream place to work.

A huge learning experience with an incredible firm.
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the traveling and my coworkers.

What I liked least about the internship was the long hours, but it was expected with working for an accounting firm during busy season.

I would definitely tell people to look into this organization. The firm is very respectful of its employees and the firm is very team orientated.