Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Exposure to the company

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture

I did not have enough work. The people who were in charge of me did not do a good job at communicating with me.

Do not expect to be busy!

Advice to Management

Give the peer mentors more specific instructions on how to handle the interns. I had to go search for my peer mentor my first day because she never even came to meet me.

A personally and professionally rewarding experience with meaningful work and frequent client interaction

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there served as a mentor to me and has continued to stay in touch even after the end of my internship. The people at Crowe really love the company and love their employees, which makes the workplace a fun and friendly environment. I looked forward to going to work every day.

I wasn't completely sure of what I would be doing during my internship when I started, so some more specificity of what my summer tasks will be would be helpful.

Meet as many people as you can! The people at Crowe are one of the biggest selling points. It is extremely important that you are comfortable in your work environment and after meeting just a few people at Crowe and asking about their interactions with their coworkers, you will see that it is an incredible environment to work in on rewarding projects.

Awesome

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real world experience

Nothing, it was a great internship

Be ready to work and contribute

You will learn so much you'll have a hard time remember it all!

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working on teams in a collaborative environment. Everyone was eager and willing to help and teach. I also liked the sense of business across the firm.

There were times when I wasn't 'in the field' on audits, and things got slow for me in the office. It was a lot harder trying to find work when I was in the office because there wasn't a very effective way of communicating my availability to those who had work to hand-off.

Ask lots of questions, have an open mindset, and don't be afraid to approach senior managers and/or partners!

Advice to Management

See second sentence of cons about communicating availabilty to those who have work to hand-off.

Come experience the care of Crowe Horwath - the care given to clients, employees, the environment, and more!

South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience.

This particular internship (in the CAST departement) was still relatively new when I began, therefore, we lacked the proper training. However, we are now doing training on new topics almost every week.

Crowe is competitive with their wages, especially if you have other offers on the table.

Crowe really cares about their employees, and I believe that is very important for long-term hapiness within a company.

Describe a time when something needed to be done and you had to step up and be the leader in the situation.

Why are you interested in Crowe Horwath?

Most questions were very specififc situational-type questions.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had with Crowe at the beginning was lack of training (but this was a new program). When Crowe realized this was a problem they did not waste any time in creating programs to help their employees. Other than that, I had no other issues and I view Crowe as my dream place to work.

A huge learning experience with an incredible firm.

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the traveling and my coworkers.

What I liked least about the internship was the long hours, but it was expected with working for an accounting firm during busy season.

I would definitely tell people to look into this organization. The firm is very respectful of its employees and the firm is very team orientated.

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.

A good look into the accounting profession with great experiences throughout the internship.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The help received from staff with different work problems I encountered

Lack of work in the beginning of the internship.

Know the right questions to ask and do not be afraid to seek help with different problems.

Dynamic work environment

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was fun and the people were very kind

Didn't get much work to do, wasn't challenged everyday. Was bored a lot of the time.

Ask for more work and get to know your managers

Advice to Management

Give interns more work and more opportunity to mingle and network with employees, managers, and partners

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups