Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Exceeding expectations
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client interaction, working with engagement teams in the field, interacting with the other interns

Not much feedback throughout regarding my performance

You'll gain real world experience working on teams and interacting with client. Out in the field you are treated as a first year staff rather than an intern. The work is challenging but there is a great support system around you.

Advice to Management

Give periodic feedback throughout the internship. Clarify and enforce the performance manager-intern and peer liason-intern roles and expectations.

An internship with the Centralized Audit Services Team at Crowe helped me find my place in accounting.
South Bend, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

As opposed to many other audit interns, I did not have to travel. This made family life a real option during busy season. In addition, the leadership at Crowe was very responsive to questions and assisted me in learning many new skills. The training we attended as interns is the same as the training given to any first year staff. At Crowe this is because being chosen as an intern means leadership really is already looking to develop you to join in the near future full time.

The biggest drawback to the internship was the hours. During busy season, an audit intern is expected to work Saturdays and works around 50-60 hours a week.

Working at Crowe is enjoyable. The willingness of more experienced collegues all the way up to the firm partners to help and teach is great. The atmosphere is one of teamwork with set goals to accomplish.

Crowe offers excellent real world experience with the opportunity to develop one's career professionally and academically
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel - allows the intern to travel to places they otherwise wouldn't have. They pay is very competitive. The people are willing to teach and train interns as if they were a staff.

The long wait between onboarding and the start of the first engagement.

Reach out to management about the area in which you are interested. Network with the staff and take advantage of the learning tools.

Intern Gains Audit Experience in Enjoyable Environment
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, some travel, working closely with clients

The amount of down time or time without work for interns (made some days extremely boring)

Ask a lot of questions!

Advice to Management

Add more opportunities for interns to engage in work if there is down time within their unit

Many different opportunities to work on all different tax returns to help you find your niche.
Fort Wayne, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was handed all different kinds of returns to be able to learn as much as possible.

I did not like that I had to stop working to go get lunch on saturdays and set up and take it all down. But I knew that was part of the internship. It took time and after you were not sure where you stopped or not in the mood to work since you were not working for a while.

I would say the environment is a great thing to look at for an organization.

Learn Lots
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diversity of clients and duties

Sometimes was a little slow working wise

Be ready to work hard and learn a lot

Advice to Management

Be open, inviting, and patient

Come for the experience, stay for a career
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning opportunities

The ability to get to know one another throughout the busy season

Remember that you don’t know everything and there is a learning curve so put your best foot forward and try your best.

Advice to Management

To help enhance the culture, there should be more outside social opportunities (volunteer, etc.) so the employees can get to know one another better.

awesome experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was exactly what I would be doing as a full time hire.

There was some days with long down time.

They care about you as an employee and human being.

Advice to Management

N/a

Great place to work, great place to learn.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know partners, senior managers, and a lot of people throughout the firm. Was a very open office.

Working from 8am til midnight

You should work there

Great Place to Begin Your Career
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was willing to help. As an Intern, I was learning and didn't know much coming in, and I felt Crowe had a great support system to really help you learn and get your career started. Also, I liked their training program, which included a week in Chicago to get you an idea of what you would encounter before you start full time with it.

The hours did get long. However, working in the public accounting world, I expected the hours, and the days really went by pretty quick.

Crowe really does a good job at not overloading you as an intern, but also challenging you. There are plenty of people to help you out as you are given a peer liaison, who is an experienced staff that helps answer any questions over anything you have, and a performance manager.