Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

An internship with the Centralized Audit Services Team at Crowe helped me find my place in accounting.

As opposed to many other audit interns, I did not have to travel. This made family life a real option during busy season. In addition, the leadership at Crowe was very responsive to questions and assisted me in learning many new skills. The training we attended as interns is the same as the training given to any first year staff. At Crowe this is because being chosen as an intern means leadership really is already looking to develop you to join in the near future full time.

The biggest drawback to the internship was the hours. During busy season, an audit intern is expected to work Saturdays and works around 50-60 hours a week.

Working at Crowe is enjoyable. The willingness of more experienced collegues all the way up to the firm partners to help and teach is great. The atmosphere is one of teamwork with set goals to accomplish.

Date: 2013

Interns gain meaningful experience and knowledge at Crowe

training, real experience, development of work skills.

Sometimes the traveling was tedious.

If you are looking for a caring workplace where people want to strive for their best and make a difference, then this is the right place to work.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees and their needs. It is crucial to work to help them achieve their goals. Then the employees will want to work hard for you and for Crowe.

Highs of an internship

Experience and connections

The feeling of not knowing what/how to do workpapers.

Everyone in the office was extremely helpful. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Date: 2013

Close knit team, great people, tons of experience not making copies, oh and great pay

Team members Openness among the people Pay Travel

Long hours Lots of hours traveling

I did not want to work on just one client and treated as a underling. I received help in all aspects, lots of experience, clients in all fields, and treated with respect as a team member.

Advice to Management

More community involvement

Date: 2013

Gaining real work experience and establishing meaningful relationships.

Great learning experience and great people that care about my development.

The traveling makes me apprehensive. I enjoy traveling, but hope that when I move up in the company, my travel will be cut back.

Always ask questions. Make sure you are punctual. Give it your best shot and understand that you will make mistakes because you are brand new to this.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have a great relationship with your employees. Make sure you know their passions and desires for themselves. They will work hard for you when they know you have them in your best interests.

Date: 2013

Excellent opportunity to grow and obtain experience to benefit your future career choices

The learning curve is very steep and extensive but that aspect certainly helped me grow and understand what I wanted when it came to future career opportunities.

The internship was intense when it came to hours and it was a struggle to maintain a work-life balance during that time. However my internship was during busy tax season and I was forewarned and prepared for this issue.

During your internship, act as professionally as possible, knowing that your behavior and attitude towards your work and fellow employees will reflect on your performance and determine whether or not you get a full-time offer.

Advice to Management

N/A

Exceeding expectations

Client interaction, working with engagement teams in the field, interacting with the other interns

Not much feedback throughout regarding my performance

You'll gain real world experience working on teams and interacting with client. Out in the field you are treated as a first year staff rather than an intern. The work is challenging but there is a great support system around you.

Advice to Management

Give periodic feedback throughout the internship. Clarify and enforce the performance manager-intern and peer liason-intern roles and expectations.

Date: 2013

Fun learning experience, great team

patient, knowledgeable team members that were willing to offer help whenever it was needed and also knew how to enjoy themselves.

long hours and traveling

give the program 100% of your attention and focus. get to know your team.

Wide range of Experiences

Being able to work on several different clients to be able to have a wide range of different experiences.

Would have liked a little more time in the office to meet more people.

Come in with an open mind, do what you are told, and don't be afraid to ask questions and put yourself out there.

Advice to Management

Give the perspective employee an idea of which clients they would be working on in particular.

Date: 2013

Great place to work, great place to learn.

Getting to know partners, senior managers, and a lot of people throughout the firm. Was a very open office.

Working from 8am til midnight