Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Technology Consulting.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The strong cohort of coworkers.

Nothing - this is my second internship, and my first in consulting, and it was outstanding.

This is a great internship - go for it.

Explain how you would solve ______ or a problem like it.

Advice to Management

Continue the program as is - I can't think of any improvements.

A personally and professionally rewarding experience with meaningful work and frequent client interaction

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there served as a mentor to me and has continued to stay in touch even after the end of my internship. The people at Crowe really love the company and love their employees, which makes the workplace a fun and friendly environment. I looked forward to going to work every day.

I wasn't completely sure of what I would be doing during my internship when I started, so some more specificity of what my summer tasks will be would be helpful.

Meet as many people as you can! The people at Crowe are one of the biggest selling points. It is extremely important that you are comfortable in your work environment and after meeting just a few people at Crowe and asking about their interactions with their coworkers, you will see that it is an incredible environment to work in on rewarding projects.

Awesome

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real world experience

Nothing, it was a great internship

Be ready to work and contribute

New Intern learns a lot, Still has long way to go

Springfield, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people I got to work with and I learned more in three months than I ever imagined possible.

I didn't mind the long hours, but I lived over an hour from the office so it made some days pretty long.

I'm a quick learner and I understand everyday there is something new to learn. I am well organized and not afraid to ask questions.

Great experience

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

Interns learn as they go and find out learning is more fun than working.

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, professional growth, networking

long hours during tax season, not enough training

Don't worry too much! Do your best and ask questions

Why should we hire you over someone else? Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it.

Advice to Management

More time for training - in the beginning have a brief overview of the workpaper system and how to operate the electronic sysems, lost time waiting on staff to help since they were too busy

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

Dynamic work environment

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was fun and the people were very kind

Didn't get much work to do, wasn't challenged everyday. Was bored a lot of the time.

Ask for more work and get to know your managers

Advice to Management

Give interns more work and more opportunity to mingle and network with employees, managers, and partners

You will learn so much you'll have a hard time remember it all!

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working on teams in a collaborative environment. Everyone was eager and willing to help and teach. I also liked the sense of business across the firm.

There were times when I wasn't 'in the field' on audits, and things got slow for me in the office. It was a lot harder trying to find work when I was in the office because there wasn't a very effective way of communicating my availability to those who had work to hand-off.

Ask lots of questions, have an open mindset, and don't be afraid to approach senior managers and/or partners!

Advice to Management

See second sentence of cons about communicating availabilty to those who have work to hand-off.

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.