Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

A Great Introduction to the Real World of Accounting

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on real tax returns, not having to do grunt work, great training

I just didn't like having down time

Ask any questions you have, people are always willing to help.

Explain a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.

Advice to Management

Nothing internship wise

New Intern learns a lot, Still has long way to go

Springfield, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people I got to work with and I learned more in three months than I ever imagined possible.

I didn't mind the long hours, but I lived over an hour from the office so it made some days pretty long.

I'm a quick learner and I understand everyday there is something new to learn. I am well organized and not afraid to ask questions.

Great experience

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

The unique alternative to the Big Four in NYC.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to experience a full busy season.

There was nothing I did not like about the internship

Be yourself and be prepared to work hard great people.

I honestly can not remember. I interviewed for this internship around 18 months ago.

Advice to Management

To understand that employees are working on a number of clients. There are situations where a person can not answer your question or complete work the moment it is brought to their attention.

Come experience the care of Crowe Horwath - the care given to clients, employees, the environment, and more!

South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience.

This particular internship (in the CAST departement) was still relatively new when I began, therefore, we lacked the proper training. However, we are now doing training on new topics almost every week.

Crowe is competitive with their wages, especially if you have other offers on the table.

Crowe really cares about their employees, and I believe that is very important for long-term hapiness within a company.

Describe a time when something needed to be done and you had to step up and be the leader in the situation.

Why are you interested in Crowe Horwath?

Most questions were very specififc situational-type questions.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had with Crowe at the beginning was lack of training (but this was a new program). When Crowe realized this was a problem they did not waste any time in creating programs to help their employees. Other than that, I had no other issues and I view Crowe as my dream place to work.

A huge learning experience with an incredible firm.

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the traveling and my coworkers.

What I liked least about the internship was the long hours, but it was expected with working for an accounting firm during busy season.

I would definitely tell people to look into this organization. The firm is very respectful of its employees and the firm is very team orientated.

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.

A good look into the accounting profession with great experiences throughout the internship.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The help received from staff with different work problems I encountered

Lack of work in the beginning of the internship.

Know the right questions to ask and do not be afraid to seek help with different problems.

Dynamic work environment

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was fun and the people were very kind

Didn't get much work to do, wasn't challenged everyday. Was bored a lot of the time.

Ask for more work and get to know your managers

Advice to Management

Give interns more work and more opportunity to mingle and network with employees, managers, and partners

Crowe S.O.A.R. Internship Gives Interns Opportunity to Shine

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to work on some of the same projects that the full-time staff worked on. Everyone that assigned me work was willing to answer any questions I had, and I felt like I had all the support I needed to perform well. I felt that I was given a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to received more specific training that focused only on what my team worked on. I thought we received excellent training on the overview of the firm and our business units, but it would have been nice if some time would have been set aside to go over my team's specialty.

Inform yourself on the possibilities for career development at Crowe. The firm is going through healthy growth, and the opportunities for you to grow as well are definitely there. When I interned with Crowe, I felt that I had all of the support I needed to perform well.

What is your greatest strength? What has been your favorite class? What role do you take when you're in a group of people?

Advice to Management

The training could have been more comprehensive. I would have liked to learn more about the team that I was going to join before I started actually working.