4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

You Will Grow at Crowe

Quality mentoring

I would have liked to travel more.

Crowe is focused on growing employees. New employees must want to continue to grow as individuals and business people.

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

The unique alternative to the Big Four in NYC.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to experience a full busy season.

There was nothing I did not like about the internship

Be yourself and be prepared to work hard great people.

I honestly can not remember. I interviewed for this internship around 18 months ago.

Advice to Management

To understand that employees are working on a number of clients. There are situations where a person can not answer your question or complete work the moment it is brought to their attention.

You will learn so much you'll have a hard time remember it all!
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working on teams in a collaborative environment. Everyone was eager and willing to help and teach. I also liked the sense of business across the firm.

There were times when I wasn't 'in the field' on audits, and things got slow for me in the office. It was a lot harder trying to find work when I was in the office because there wasn't a very effective way of communicating my availability to those who had work to hand-off.

Ask lots of questions, have an open mindset, and don't be afraid to approach senior managers and/or partners!

Advice to Management

See second sentence of cons about communicating availabilty to those who have work to hand-off.

Come experience the care of Crowe Horwath - the care given to clients, employees, the environment, and more!
South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience.

This particular internship (in the CAST departement) was still relatively new when I began, therefore, we lacked the proper training. However, we are now doing training on new topics almost every week.

Crowe is competitive with their wages, especially if you have other offers on the table.

Crowe really cares about their employees, and I believe that is very important for long-term hapiness within a company.

Describe a time when something needed to be done and you had to step up and be the leader in the situation.

Why are you interested in Crowe Horwath?

Most questions were very specififc situational-type questions.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had with Crowe at the beginning was lack of training (but this was a new program). When Crowe realized this was a problem they did not waste any time in creating programs to help their employees. Other than that, I had no other issues and I view Crowe as my dream place to work.

A huge learning experience with an incredible firm.
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the traveling and my coworkers.

What I liked least about the internship was the long hours, but it was expected with working for an accounting firm during busy season.

I would definitely tell people to look into this organization. The firm is very respectful of its employees and the firm is very team orientated.

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.

A good look into the accounting profession with great experiences throughout the internship.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The help received from staff with different work problems I encountered

Lack of work in the beginning of the internship.

Know the right questions to ask and do not be afraid to seek help with different problems.

Dynamic work environment
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work was fun and the people were very kind

Didn't get much work to do, wasn't challenged everyday. Was bored a lot of the time.

Ask for more work and get to know your managers

Advice to Management

Give interns more work and more opportunity to mingle and network with employees, managers, and partners