Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

A personally and professionally rewarding experience with meaningful work and frequent client interaction

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there served as a mentor to me and has continued to stay in touch even after the end of my internship. The people at Crowe really love the company and love their employees, which makes the workplace a fun and friendly environment. I looked forward to going to work every day.

I wasn't completely sure of what I would be doing during my internship when I started, so some more specificity of what my summer tasks will be would be helpful.

Meet as many people as you can! The people at Crowe are one of the biggest selling points. It is extremely important that you are comfortable in your work environment and after meeting just a few people at Crowe and asking about their interactions with their coworkers, you will see that it is an incredible environment to work in on rewarding projects.

Come experience the care of Crowe Horwath - the care given to clients, employees, the environment, and more!

South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience.

This particular internship (in the CAST departement) was still relatively new when I began, therefore, we lacked the proper training. However, we are now doing training on new topics almost every week.

Crowe is competitive with their wages, especially if you have other offers on the table.

Crowe really cares about their employees, and I believe that is very important for long-term hapiness within a company.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had with Crowe at the beginning was lack of training (but this was a new program). When Crowe realized this was a problem they did not waste any time in creating programs to help their employees. Other than that, I had no other issues and I view Crowe as my dream place to work.

Describe a time when something needed to be done and you had to step up and be the leader in the situation.

Why are you interested in Crowe Horwath?

Most questions were very specififc situational-type questions.

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups

Fast-paced learning with actual client data and output

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual projects right upon starting which threw me into the water of tax returns. There was very little work that most would consider "intern work". You will be highly utilized. You are also given a large amount of autonomy over your work and figuring things out.

I actually liked everything.

Make sure that the office fits with you and that you feel welcomed and wanted.

Great experience

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

General interview questions

Learn How to Be A Flexible Programmer

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

freedom to explore and learn

generic, unrelated seminars or training

More time in specialized training

Impressive Learning Experience

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variety of client engagements.

The travel and hours were hard to adjust to.

The environment at Crowe is great for learning and professional development.

A huge learning experience with an incredible firm.

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the traveling and my coworkers.

What I liked least about the internship was the long hours, but it was expected with working for an accounting firm during busy season.

I would definitely tell people to look into this organization. The firm is very respectful of its employees and the firm is very team orientated.

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

Awesome

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real world experience

Nothing, it was a great internship

Be ready to work and contribute