4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Great Accounting Internship
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was very good and yiur coworkers are very helpful.

The training was not very good. They expected you to know most of it already.

Great accounting firm with opportunity to advance.

Care, share, invest, grow
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay & meaningful work

Longer hours (for an internship)

Great company to work for! When considering "fit" , note that the people are a strong reflection of the office culture.

Explain leadership opportunities you've had.

Why do you think tax is a good fit for you?

Advice to Management

Help interns get to know staff better early on.

Tax Preparer, not Coffee Runner
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. They really took the time to train and teach me, even when it slowed down their own work. They also tried to give me a large variety of work so I left feeling pretty confident in what I will be doing as a full time staff.

The work slowed down for a week or two about halfway through the internship and it was very hard to just sit at a desk for eight hours a day.

If you're looking for an internship that will challenge and push you, but leave you much more knowledgeable about accounting, then Crowe is for you. Expect to do real work for real clients right off the bat, but you will never feel overwhelmed because the support system of the coworkers is amazing.

Name a role model of yours and how that person influenced you. Describe a challenge you faced in work or at school, and how you overcame it.

Exposure to the company

The company culture

I did not have enough work. The people who were in charge of me did not do a good job at communicating with me.

Do not expect to be busy!

Advice to Management

Give the peer mentors more specific instructions on how to handle the interns. I had to go search for my peer mentor my first day because she never even came to meet me.

Crowe S.O.A.R. Internship Gives Interns Opportunity to Shine
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to work on some of the same projects that the full-time staff worked on. Everyone that assigned me work was willing to answer any questions I had, and I felt like I had all the support I needed to perform well. I felt that I was given a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to received more specific training that focused only on what my team worked on. I thought we received excellent training on the overview of the firm and our business units, but it would have been nice if some time would have been set aside to go over my team's specialty.

Inform yourself on the possibilities for career development at Crowe. The firm is going through healthy growth, and the opportunities for you to grow as well are definitely there. When I interned with Crowe, I felt that I had all of the support I needed to perform well.

What is your greatest strength? What has been your favorite class? What role do you take when you're in a group of people?

Advice to Management

The training could have been more comprehensive. I would have liked to learn more about the team that I was going to join before I started actually working.

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Great experience
Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

I would describe my experience with Crowe Horwath a company with a family environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the competitive pay and the experience gained from on the job activates. From week to week I was working on relevant client work.

What I liked least was the fact that I was working with/on clients that I didn’t get a lot of exposure to in school. We worked mostly with banks and financial institutions instead of manufacturing like we learn with in school.

Try and get as much exposure to banks and financial institutions as you can. Learn how banks work.

During the interview process, the first couple of interviews (HR interviews) were your basic questions asking you to describe a situation you have been put in relevant to problem solving. As the interview process got farther along, the questions got more detailed to account specific questions.

Advice to Management

As far as I know, Crowe does a very good job in terms of compensation, employee retention in terms of hiring out of internships, diversity and promotion opportunities for its employees. I couldn’t make any recommendations in terms of making these areas more competitive as I believe they already are.

Learn How to Be A Flexible Programmer
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

freedom to explore and learn

generic, unrelated seminars or training

More time in specialized training

Impressive Learning Experience
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variety of client engagements.

The travel and hours were hard to adjust to.

The environment at Crowe is great for learning and professional development.