Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Accounting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Learning, collaborating and growing together into the employees of tomorrow.
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunity to work on significant areas, mentoring, office atmosphere, hour flexibility

The hours were long which was hard at times but I learned so much that I wouldn't take it back

Crowe is a wonderful place to work. My experience was amazing. For me it was the perfect size because the atmosphere was not high-pressure or cut-throat and I got to work on some noteworthy projects.

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups

Great Opportunity to Travel and Work as a Staff Consultant
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as a staff consultant, and was expected to do actual work. I got to interview and present to clients. I had the opportunity to travel to a variety of new cities, and got to know my coworkers extremely well!

Nothing! It was great! :)

A lot of people looking at accounting and consulting internships tend to strive for the 'big 4'. Well, at Crowe (a top 10 firm), you have the same opportunities as a Big 4 firm but with a smaller firm feel. You get to know your coworkers better, and a lot of us are not stuck at the same client for as long of a time. Over the course of the internship, I got to see a variety of different projects so I know what I would like to do in the future!

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

Great Accounting Internship
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was very good and yiur coworkers are very helpful.

The training was not very good. They expected you to know most of it already.

Great accounting firm with opportunity to advance.

You Will Grow at Crowe
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality mentoring

I would have liked to travel more.

Crowe is focused on growing employees. New employees must want to continue to grow as individuals and business people.

I would describe my experience with Crowe Horwath a company with a family environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the competitive pay and the experience gained from on the job activates. From week to week I was working on relevant client work.

What I liked least was the fact that I was working with/on clients that I didn’t get a lot of exposure to in school. We worked mostly with banks and financial institutions instead of manufacturing like we learn with in school.

Try and get as much exposure to banks and financial institutions as you can. Learn how banks work.

During the interview process, the first couple of interviews (HR interviews) were your basic questions asking you to describe a situation you have been put in relevant to problem solving. As the interview process got farther along, the questions got more detailed to account specific questions.

Advice to Management

As far as I know, Crowe does a very good job in terms of compensation, employee retention in terms of hiring out of internships, diversity and promotion opportunities for its employees. I couldn’t make any recommendations in terms of making these areas more competitive as I believe they already are.

Crowe S.O.A.R. Internship Gives Interns Opportunity to Shine
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to work on some of the same projects that the full-time staff worked on. Everyone that assigned me work was willing to answer any questions I had, and I felt like I had all the support I needed to perform well. I felt that I was given a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to received more specific training that focused only on what my team worked on. I thought we received excellent training on the overview of the firm and our business units, but it would have been nice if some time would have been set aside to go over my team's specialty.

Inform yourself on the possibilities for career development at Crowe. The firm is going through healthy growth, and the opportunities for you to grow as well are definitely there. When I interned with Crowe, I felt that I had all of the support I needed to perform well.

What is your greatest strength? What has been your favorite class? What role do you take when you're in a group of people?

Advice to Management

The training could have been more comprehensive. I would have liked to learn more about the team that I was going to join before I started actually working.

Learn How to Be A Flexible Programmer
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

freedom to explore and learn

generic, unrelated seminars or training

More time in specialized training