Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

I would describe my experience with Crowe Horwath a company with a family environment.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the competitive pay and the experience gained from on the job activates. From week to week I was working on relevant client work.

What I liked least was the fact that I was working with/on clients that I didn’t get a lot of exposure to in school. We worked mostly with banks and financial institutions instead of manufacturing like we learn with in school.

Try and get as much exposure to banks and financial institutions as you can. Learn how banks work.

During the interview process, the first couple of interviews (HR interviews) were your basic questions asking you to describe a situation you have been put in relevant to problem solving. As the interview process got farther along, the questions got more detailed to account specific questions.

Advice to Management

As far as I know, Crowe does a very good job in terms of compensation, employee retention in terms of hiring out of internships, diversity and promotion opportunities for its employees. I couldn’t make any recommendations in terms of making these areas more competitive as I believe they already are.

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Crowe S.O.A.R. Internship Gives Interns Opportunity to Shine

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to work on some of the same projects that the full-time staff worked on. Everyone that assigned me work was willing to answer any questions I had, and I felt like I had all the support I needed to perform well. I felt that I was given a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to received more specific training that focused only on what my team worked on. I thought we received excellent training on the overview of the firm and our business units, but it would have been nice if some time would have been set aside to go over my team's specialty.

Inform yourself on the possibilities for career development at Crowe. The firm is going through healthy growth, and the opportunities for you to grow as well are definitely there. When I interned with Crowe, I felt that I had all of the support I needed to perform well.

What is your greatest strength? What has been your favorite class? What role do you take when you're in a group of people?

Advice to Management

The training could have been more comprehensive. I would have liked to learn more about the team that I was going to join before I started actually working.

Supported Immersion in the Industry of Your Choice

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is awesome. They know how to work hard and play hard because work-life balance is extremely important to them. They care about their people and are invested in your development both professionally and just as a person.

I am looking for a job with more creative outlets so this is not the position for me. But for someone looking for a position in an accounting firm and a corporate setting, you can't get any better.

It was a fantastic summer experience and they recruit their full time employees very heavily from their interns.

Advice to Management

More personal interaction throughout the day. Cubicles were good for focusing, but made it difficult to meet others and collaborate.

Exposure to the company

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture

I did not have enough work. The people who were in charge of me did not do a good job at communicating with me.

Do not expect to be busy!

Advice to Management

Give the peer mentors more specific instructions on how to handle the interns. I had to go search for my peer mentor my first day because she never even came to meet me.

Tax Preparer, not Coffee Runner

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. They really took the time to train and teach me, even when it slowed down their own work. They also tried to give me a large variety of work so I left feeling pretty confident in what I will be doing as a full time staff.

The work slowed down for a week or two about halfway through the internship and it was very hard to just sit at a desk for eight hours a day.

If you're looking for an internship that will challenge and push you, but leave you much more knowledgeable about accounting, then Crowe is for you. Expect to do real work for real clients right off the bat, but you will never feel overwhelmed because the support system of the coworkers is amazing.

Name a role model of yours and how that person influenced you. Describe a challenge you faced in work or at school, and how you overcame it.

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups

Learning, collaborating and growing together into the employees of tomorrow.

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunity to work on significant areas, mentoring, office atmosphere, hour flexibility

The hours were long which was hard at times but I learned so much that I wouldn't take it back

Crowe is a wonderful place to work. My experience was amazing. For me it was the perfect size because the atmosphere was not high-pressure or cut-throat and I got to work on some noteworthy projects.

A personally and professionally rewarding experience with meaningful work and frequent client interaction

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone there served as a mentor to me and has continued to stay in touch even after the end of my internship. The people at Crowe really love the company and love their employees, which makes the workplace a fun and friendly environment. I looked forward to going to work every day.

I wasn't completely sure of what I would be doing during my internship when I started, so some more specificity of what my summer tasks will be would be helpful.

Meet as many people as you can! The people at Crowe are one of the biggest selling points. It is extremely important that you are comfortable in your work environment and after meeting just a few people at Crowe and asking about their interactions with their coworkers, you will see that it is an incredible environment to work in on rewarding projects.

Success Opportunities Achievements Results Internship Program Offers Just That!

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting to meet and work with many various individuals in the office, the atmosphere of the office, and experiencing the day-to-day work.

I didn't like how different managers had different expectations of the ways work papers were to be completed. I wish it was slightly more consistent.

A candidate should really consider if they want a big firm or a smaller firm and location of the firm.