Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Great opportunities and a company that cares.
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to perform work that was meaningful and that any other staff would be assigned as an intern.

I wasn't a big fan of auditing, so I transfered into consulting after the internship.

Potential for advancement and does the company care about you.

Great place to work. Very challenging and you will learn what is needed for an audit.
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great for an internship. I enjoyed doing a little bit of traveling and treated just like the staff.

I felt like the training we received did not prepare us for what we would be doing. The training went through the very basics and when I went on my first audit, I had no clue what to do.

It's a great place to work with good employees. They will challenge you and you will learn a lot.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would change is the training. It just did not prepare you for what you would be doing on an audit. I feel like the training should be based off what you will be doing throughout your internship.

Gaining real work experience and establishing meaningful relationships.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great learning experience and great people that care about my development.

The traveling makes me apprehensive. I enjoy traveling, but hope that when I move up in the company, my travel will be cut back.

Always ask questions. Make sure you are punctual. Give it your best shot and understand that you will make mistakes because you are brand new to this.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have a great relationship with your employees. Make sure you know their passions and desires for themselves. They will work hard for you when they know you have them in your best interests.

Close knit team, great people, tons of experience not making copies, oh and great pay
Knoxville, TN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team members

Openness among the people

Pay

Travel

Long hours

Lots of hours traveling

I did not want to work on just one client and treated as a underling. I received help in all aspects, lots of experience, clients in all fields, and treated with respect as a team member.

Advice to Management

More community involvement

Highs of an internship
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience and connections

The feeling of not knowing what/how to do workpapers.

Everyone in the office was extremely helpful. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

"Learn What it Takes to Make it in the Real World"
Fort Wayne, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much that I had never known about auditing. It allows you to get real world experience outside of the classroom and see what it's really like when you will start your full time job.

The internship was for a short length of time. I started my internship in mid-January and it lasted until the end of March. College classes don't start until August, so for five months I had to find another job until classes started again. It would have been nice to be able to have the internship last a little longer.

Crowe Horwath has a fun, friendly culture that allows you to really enjoy working. My favorite part of working for Crowe Horwath was the people I was able to meet and get to know; as well as the experience that I attained that I could not get in the classroom. Crowe Horwath treats their employees well and is a great company to work for.

Hard work, dedication.
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility to work from home as an intern.

Long hours needed sometimes to get the job done, but iI knew it came with the job.

Great people and a lot of learning to do, never repetitiv which keep you on your toes.

Advice to Management

Traning, received great training but sometimes fell short of what we encounter in the actual job.

Interns gain meaningful experience and knowledge at Crowe
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

training, real experience, development of work skills.

Sometimes the traveling was tedious.

If you are looking for a caring workplace where people want to strive for their best and make a difference, then this is the right place to work.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees and their needs. It is crucial to work to help them achieve their goals. Then the employees will want to work hard for you and for Crowe.

Good first step into a professional environment and potential career.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work flexibility, co-workers, development opportunities.

Variety of tasks.

Be prepared to work, but do so efficiently and it will not be too stressful.

Advice to Management

A few lessons on the differences between groups would be helpful.

The Right Place to Be
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It's a large enough firm to get good experience, but small enough where you're still noticed.

No cons that I can think of

Work hard, ask lots of questions, and be the person you would like to work with.