Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Supported Immersion in the Industry of Your Choice

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is awesome. They know how to work hard and play hard because work-life balance is extremely important to them. They care about their people and are invested in your development both professionally and just as a person.

I am looking for a job with more creative outlets so this is not the position for me. But for someone looking for a position in an accounting firm and a corporate setting, you can't get any better.

It was a fantastic summer experience and they recruit their full time employees very heavily from their interns.

Advice to Management

More personal interaction throughout the day. Cubicles were good for focusing, but made it difficult to meet others and collaborate.

Exposure to the company

The company culture

I did not have enough work. The people who were in charge of me did not do a good job at communicating with me.

Do not expect to be busy!

Advice to Management

Give the peer mentors more specific instructions on how to handle the interns. I had to go search for my peer mentor my first day because she never even came to meet me.

Tax Preparer, not Coffee Runner

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. They really took the time to train and teach me, even when it slowed down their own work. They also tried to give me a large variety of work so I left feeling pretty confident in what I will be doing as a full time staff.

The work slowed down for a week or two about halfway through the internship and it was very hard to just sit at a desk for eight hours a day.

If you're looking for an internship that will challenge and push you, but leave you much more knowledgeable about accounting, then Crowe is for you. Expect to do real work for real clients right off the bat, but you will never feel overwhelmed because the support system of the coworkers is amazing.

Name a role model of yours and how that person influenced you. Describe a challenge you faced in work or at school, and how you overcame it.

A Great Introduction to the Real World of Accounting

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on real tax returns, not having to do grunt work, great training

I just didn't like having down time

Ask any questions you have, people are always willing to help.

Explain a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.

Advice to Management

Nothing internship wise

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups

You Will Grow at Crowe

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality mentoring

I would have liked to travel more.

Crowe is focused on growing employees. New employees must want to continue to grow as individuals and business people.

Learn How to Be A Flexible Programmer

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

freedom to explore and learn

generic, unrelated seminars or training

More time in specialized training

Impressive Learning Experience

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variety of client engagements.

The travel and hours were hard to adjust to.

The environment at Crowe is great for learning and professional development.

Great Accounting Internship

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was very good and yiur coworkers are very helpful.

The training was not very good. They expected you to know most of it already.

Great accounting firm with opportunity to advance.