Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Great real-life experience

The best aspect of this internship was seeing what it is truly like working in the world of accounting and experiencing how vigorous the work is.

There is nothing that i did not like about this internship.

The one piece of advice i could give is always bring your best effort to work with you every day. Hard work goes a long way and I think that people notice that more than you think.

Date: 2013

Crowe set me up for success

Interns were given real responsibilities and treated just like first-year staff. You're given audit work to do and the staff teach you the skills you need to complete it. It's never easy diving into a new job, and as a college student jumping into a complex work-load, it's comforting knowing that they're there to help. They don't expect you to know everything when you first walk through the door. Crowe invested as much in me as I did in them.

Long hours can be rough at first. But at least as an intern you're getting paid hourly!

Find an organization that invests as much (if not more) in you, as you invest in the company. And choose a company you mesh well with in terms of values & the people you work with. If you're there just for a paycheck or to have a good corporate headline on your resume until you find a new job, you could have a pretty miserable couple months or years. Even the long hours during busy season don't seem as bad if you like what you do and the people you work with.

Date: 2013

Intern gets opportunity to perform actual audit procedures

The best aspects were the diversity of the clients, and the amount of actual audit work that I was given the opportunity to work on.

down time was very boring

Opportunity is self-driven, and make your own opportunities. If you want to do something, speak up, because nobody knows what you're thinking.

Advice to Management

Attempt to schedule interns more fully throughout their time, and possibly more after-hour group activities, although understanding it did take place during the traditional slow period in the summer.

Exceeding expectations

Client interaction, working with engagement teams in the field, interacting with the other interns

Not much feedback throughout regarding my performance

You'll gain real world experience working on teams and interacting with client. Out in the field you are treated as a first year staff rather than an intern. The work is challenging but there is a great support system around you.

Advice to Management

Give periodic feedback throughout the internship. Clarify and enforce the performance manager-intern and peer liason-intern roles and expectations.

Wide range of Experiences

Being able to work on several different clients to be able to have a wide range of different experiences.

Would have liked a little more time in the office to meet more people.

Come in with an open mind, do what you are told, and don't be afraid to ask questions and put yourself out there.

Advice to Management

Give the perspective employee an idea of which clients they would be working on in particular.

Date: 2013

Good first step into a professional environment and potential career.

Work flexibility, co-workers, development opportunities.

Variety of tasks.

Be prepared to work, but do so efficiently and it will not be too stressful.

Advice to Management

A few lessons on the differences between groups would be helpful.

The Right Place to Be

It's a large enough firm to get good experience, but small enough where you're still noticed.

No cons that I can think of

Work hard, ask lots of questions, and be the person you would like to work with.

Date: 2013

Close knit team, great people, tons of experience not making copies, oh and great pay

Team members Openness among the people Pay Travel

Long hours Lots of hours traveling

I did not want to work on just one client and treated as a underling. I received help in all aspects, lots of experience, clients in all fields, and treated with respect as a team member.

Advice to Management

More community involvement

Date: 2013

Fun learning experience, great team

patient, knowledgeable team members that were willing to offer help whenever it was needed and also knew how to enjoy themselves.

long hours and traveling

give the program 100% of your attention and focus. get to know your team.

Date: 2013

An internship with the Centralized Audit Services Team at Crowe helped me find my place in accounting.

As opposed to many other audit interns, I did not have to travel. This made family life a real option during busy season. In addition, the leadership at Crowe was very responsive to questions and assisted me in learning many new skills. The training we attended as interns is the same as the training given to any first year staff. At Crowe this is because being chosen as an intern means leadership really is already looking to develop you to join in the near future full time.

The biggest drawback to the internship was the hours. During busy season, an audit intern is expected to work Saturdays and works around 50-60 hours a week.

Working at Crowe is enjoyable. The willingness of more experienced collegues all the way up to the firm partners to help and teach is great. The atmosphere is one of teamwork with set goals to accomplish.