Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Accounting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 169 Intern Reviews)

Learning, collaborating and growing together into the employees of tomorrow.
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunity to work on significant areas, mentoring, office atmosphere, hour flexibility

The hours were long which was hard at times but I learned so much that I wouldn't take it back

Crowe is a wonderful place to work. My experience was amazing. For me it was the perfect size because the atmosphere was not high-pressure or cut-throat and I got to work on some noteworthy projects.

Interns learn as they go and find out learning is more fun than working.
Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, professional growth, networking

long hours during tax season, not enough training

Don't worry too much! Do your best and ask questions

Why should we hire you over someone else? Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it.

Advice to Management

More time for training - in the beginning have a brief overview of the workpaper system and how to operate the electronic sysems, lost time waiting on staff to help since they were too busy

Supported Immersion in the Industry of Your Choice
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is awesome. They know how to work hard and play hard because work-life balance is extremely important to them. They care about their people and are invested in your development both professionally and just as a person.

I am looking for a job with more creative outlets so this is not the position for me. But for someone looking for a position in an accounting firm and a corporate setting, you can't get any better.

It was a fantastic summer experience and they recruit their full time employees very heavily from their interns.

Advice to Management

More personal interaction throughout the day. Cubicles were good for focusing, but made it difficult to meet others and collaborate.

I would describe my experience with Crowe Horwath a company with a family environment.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the competitive pay and the experience gained from on the job activates. From week to week I was working on relevant client work.

What I liked least was the fact that I was working with/on clients that I didn’t get a lot of exposure to in school. We worked mostly with banks and financial institutions instead of manufacturing like we learn with in school.

Try and get as much exposure to banks and financial institutions as you can. Learn how banks work.

During the interview process, the first couple of interviews (HR interviews) were your basic questions asking you to describe a situation you have been put in relevant to problem solving. As the interview process got farther along, the questions got more detailed to account specific questions.

Advice to Management

As far as I know, Crowe does a very good job in terms of compensation, employee retention in terms of hiring out of internships, diversity and promotion opportunities for its employees. I couldn’t make any recommendations in terms of making these areas more competitive as I believe they already are.

A Great Introduction to the Real World of Accounting
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on real tax returns, not having to do grunt work, great training

I just didn't like having down time

Ask any questions you have, people are always willing to help.

Explain a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.

Advice to Management

Nothing internship wise

Great Accounting Internship
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was very good and yiur coworkers are very helpful.

The training was not very good. They expected you to know most of it already.

Great accounting firm with opportunity to advance.

Great experience
Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

Great Opportunity to Travel and Work as a Staff Consultant
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as a staff consultant, and was expected to do actual work. I got to interview and present to clients. I had the opportunity to travel to a variety of new cities, and got to know my coworkers extremely well!

Nothing! It was great! :)

A lot of people looking at accounting and consulting internships tend to strive for the 'big 4'. Well, at Crowe (a top 10 firm), you have the same opportunities as a Big 4 firm but with a smaller firm feel. You get to know your coworkers better, and a lot of us are not stuck at the same client for as long of a time. Over the course of the internship, I got to see a variety of different projects so I know what I would like to do in the future!

New Intern learns a lot, Still has long way to go
Springfield, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people I got to work with and I learned more in three months than I ever imagined possible.

I didn't mind the long hours, but I lived over an hour from the office so it made some days pretty long.

I'm a quick learner and I understand everyday there is something new to learn. I am well organized and not afraid to ask questions.

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups