Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Tax Preparer, not Coffee Runner

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. They really took the time to train and teach me, even when it slowed down their own work. They also tried to give me a large variety of work so I left feeling pretty confident in what I will be doing as a full time staff.

The work slowed down for a week or two about halfway through the internship and it was very hard to just sit at a desk for eight hours a day.

If you're looking for an internship that will challenge and push you, but leave you much more knowledgeable about accounting, then Crowe is for you. Expect to do real work for real clients right off the bat, but you will never feel overwhelmed because the support system of the coworkers is amazing.

Name a role model of yours and how that person influenced you. Describe a challenge you faced in work or at school, and how you overcame it.

Learning, collaborating and growing together into the employees of tomorrow.

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunity to work on significant areas, mentoring, office atmosphere, hour flexibility

The hours were long which was hard at times but I learned so much that I wouldn't take it back

Crowe is a wonderful place to work. My experience was amazing. For me it was the perfect size because the atmosphere was not high-pressure or cut-throat and I got to work on some noteworthy projects.

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Great Opportunity to Travel and Work as a Staff Consultant

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as a staff consultant, and was expected to do actual work. I got to interview and present to clients. I had the opportunity to travel to a variety of new cities, and got to know my coworkers extremely well!

Nothing! It was great! :)

A lot of people looking at accounting and consulting internships tend to strive for the 'big 4'. Well, at Crowe (a top 10 firm), you have the same opportunities as a Big 4 firm but with a smaller firm feel. You get to know your coworkers better, and a lot of us are not stuck at the same client for as long of a time. Over the course of the internship, I got to see a variety of different projects so I know what I would like to do in the future!

I would describe my experience with Crowe Horwath a company with a family environment.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the competitive pay and the experience gained from on the job activates. From week to week I was working on relevant client work.

What I liked least was the fact that I was working with/on clients that I didn’t get a lot of exposure to in school. We worked mostly with banks and financial institutions instead of manufacturing like we learn with in school.

Try and get as much exposure to banks and financial institutions as you can. Learn how banks work.

During the interview process, the first couple of interviews (HR interviews) were your basic questions asking you to describe a situation you have been put in relevant to problem solving. As the interview process got farther along, the questions got more detailed to account specific questions.

Advice to Management

As far as I know, Crowe does a very good job in terms of compensation, employee retention in terms of hiring out of internships, diversity and promotion opportunities for its employees. I couldn’t make any recommendations in terms of making these areas more competitive as I believe they already are.

Second-time Crowe intern takes on Chicago for the summer and decides to return as a full-time employee and permanent resident!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Living in the city, working with cool people, and being spoiled with food and happy hours

It was boring sometimes. I was very disconnected from my peer liason and performance coach.

This is a great organization. Crowe is perfect balance of a big, top ten firm with a small, mid-size feel.

Advice to Management

Organizing interns could be improved. I was supposed to be in one unit and got transferred to another my first week. It caused a little confusion throughout my internship.

SOAR

the exposure to clients

busy work and not much to do at the first couple of weeks

make the most out of your experience, learn as much as you can and talk to as many clients, co-workers and higher ups

Interns learn as they go and find out learning is more fun than working.

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, professional growth, networking

long hours during tax season, not enough training

Don't worry too much! Do your best and ask questions

Why should we hire you over someone else? Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it.

Advice to Management

More time for training - in the beginning have a brief overview of the workpaper system and how to operate the electronic sysems, lost time waiting on staff to help since they were too busy

Great experience

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged and learned new things everyday

Amount of work

Busy season is a lot of work, but great experience

General interview questions

Advice to Management

Work on Saturdays wasn't fun but necessary, maybe more rewards for that

You will learn so much you'll have a hard time remember it all!

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working on teams in a collaborative environment. Everyone was eager and willing to help and teach. I also liked the sense of business across the firm.

There were times when I wasn't 'in the field' on audits, and things got slow for me in the office. It was a lot harder trying to find work when I was in the office because there wasn't a very effective way of communicating my availability to those who had work to hand-off.

Ask lots of questions, have an open mindset, and don't be afraid to approach senior managers and/or partners!

Advice to Management

See second sentence of cons about communicating availabilty to those who have work to hand-off.