Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Great Accounting Internship

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was very good and yiur coworkers are very helpful.

The training was not very good. They expected you to know most of it already.

Great accounting firm with opportunity to advance.

Crowe S.O.A.R. Internship Gives Interns Opportunity to Shine

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to work on some of the same projects that the full-time staff worked on. Everyone that assigned me work was willing to answer any questions I had, and I felt like I had all the support I needed to perform well. I felt that I was given a fair opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to received more specific training that focused only on what my team worked on. I thought we received excellent training on the overview of the firm and our business units, but it would have been nice if some time would have been set aside to go over my team's specialty.

Inform yourself on the possibilities for career development at Crowe. The firm is going through healthy growth, and the opportunities for you to grow as well are definitely there. When I interned with Crowe, I felt that I had all of the support I needed to perform well.

Advice to Management

The training could have been more comprehensive. I would have liked to learn more about the team that I was going to join before I started actually working.

What is your greatest strength? What has been your favorite class? What role do you take when you're in a group of people?

Interns learn as they go and find out learning is more fun than working.

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, professional growth, networking

long hours during tax season, not enough training

Don't worry too much! Do your best and ask questions

Advice to Management

More time for training - in the beginning have a brief overview of the workpaper system and how to operate the electronic sysems, lost time waiting on staff to help since they were too busy

Why should we hire you over someone else? Describe a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it.

Great Opportunity to Travel and Work as a Staff Consultant

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as a staff consultant, and was expected to do actual work. I got to interview and present to clients. I had the opportunity to travel to a variety of new cities, and got to know my coworkers extremely well!

Nothing! It was great! :)

A lot of people looking at accounting and consulting internships tend to strive for the 'big 4'. Well, at Crowe (a top 10 firm), you have the same opportunities as a Big 4 firm but with a smaller firm feel. You get to know your coworkers better, and a lot of us are not stuck at the same client for as long of a time. Over the course of the internship, I got to see a variety of different projects so I know what I would like to do in the future!

Tax Preparer, not Coffee Runner

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. They really took the time to train and teach me, even when it slowed down their own work. They also tried to give me a large variety of work so I left feeling pretty confident in what I will be doing as a full time staff.

The work slowed down for a week or two about halfway through the internship and it was very hard to just sit at a desk for eight hours a day.

If you're looking for an internship that will challenge and push you, but leave you much more knowledgeable about accounting, then Crowe is for you. Expect to do real work for real clients right off the bat, but you will never feel overwhelmed because the support system of the coworkers is amazing.

Name a role model of yours and how that person influenced you. Describe a challenge you faced in work or at school, and how you overcame it.

Exposure to the company

The company culture

I did not have enough work. The people who were in charge of me did not do a good job at communicating with me.

Do not expect to be busy!

Advice to Management

Give the peer mentors more specific instructions on how to handle the interns. I had to go search for my peer mentor my first day because she never even came to meet me.

Technology Consulting.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The strong cohort of coworkers.

Nothing - this is my second internship, and my first in consulting, and it was outstanding.

This is a great internship - go for it.

Advice to Management

Continue the program as is - I can't think of any improvements.

Explain how you would solve ______ or a problem like it.

Supported Immersion in the Industry of Your Choice

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is awesome. They know how to work hard and play hard because work-life balance is extremely important to them. They care about their people and are invested in your development both professionally and just as a person.

I am looking for a job with more creative outlets so this is not the position for me. But for someone looking for a position in an accounting firm and a corporate setting, you can't get any better.

It was a fantastic summer experience and they recruit their full time employees very heavily from their interns.

Advice to Management

More personal interaction throughout the day. Cubicles were good for focusing, but made it difficult to meet others and collaborate.

Care, share, invest, grow

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay & meaningful work

Longer hours (for an internship)

Great company to work for! When considering "fit" , note that the people are a strong reflection of the office culture.

Advice to Management

Help interns get to know staff better early on.

Explain leadership opportunities you've had.

Why do you think tax is a good fit for you?

Great way to become familiar with the inner-workings of a public accounting firm in a relaxed environment.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Become familiar with the firm; networking; the ability/flexibility to do work in other business units if you ask; great people; great work environment - friendly, relaxed

There was much more down time than I had anticipated prior to starting the internship.

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Crowe. I do believe that the company takes having a work-life balance very seriously, that being said, I know of employees who work 60 hour weeks and constantly travel. That also depends on which area you choose to be a part of, so make sure you have an idea of what you would like to do and enjoy the work!

Advice to Management

Perhaps having a more structured internship available would prove beneficial to both the interns and the firm in the future.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.