Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

diverse

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

i got to do a tax/ audit rotation to decide which one i preferred

timing was a bit tight with the rotation

try both tax and audit, you might be surprised which one you like

Crowe's SOAR Interns Learn to Fly

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship is that we were constantly challenged, encouraged to learn more. Also, we were always treated like full-time employees.

The majority of the training felt like it was missing energy/interaction and could possibly benefit from more hands-on training.

Crowe is a caring company that provides challenging experiences that encourage learning. The culture is very welcoming and willing to help build you up as you grow in Crowe.

If you were provided with an ASA configuration, what security settings would you want to see?

On a website vulnerable to Cross-Site Request Forgery, what would you recommend to remediate the issue?

Traveling with many great people to experience many new things.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling to different places while working and learning from many different people.

I did not dislike anything about the internship.

My advice to you would be to ask as many questions as possible, and try to meet as many people as possible.

Advice to Management

I do not think anything needs to change. I had a wonderful experience.

What challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them?

Great experience with great people

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People and learning opportunities

Lots of traveling

Great experience!

Advice to Management

More time off to study for the CPA

How well do you work in teams?

The internship benefited me forever.

Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

To know what it is like working a public accounting firm.

None, I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Try your best to get as much work done as possible.

Best Internship Ever

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company

Sometimes didn't have work to do

Crowe is honestly one of the best accounting companies to work for. My experience here doesn't even compare to my friends' experiences in the Big 4.

Advice to Management

Finding more things for interns to do in their free time even though it might be hard to do when it's not busy season. Possibly compensation in comparison to Big 4.

Did meaningful work

South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Did meaningful work

Some of the clients I worked on were small Ma and Pa type places

Always ask questions if you do not understand anything, just don't ask dumb questions.

Learning Experience

Constantly learning

Week of training

Be ready to learn

Learning, collaborating and growing together into the employees of tomorrow.

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunity to work on significant areas, mentoring, office atmosphere, hour flexibility

The hours were long which was hard at times but I learned so much that I wouldn't take it back

Crowe is a wonderful place to work. My experience was amazing. For me it was the perfect size because the atmosphere was not high-pressure or cut-throat and I got to work on some noteworthy projects.

I would describe my experience with Crowe Horwath a company with a family environment.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were the competitive pay and the experience gained from on the job activates. From week to week I was working on relevant client work.

What I liked least was the fact that I was working with/on clients that I didn’t get a lot of exposure to in school. We worked mostly with banks and financial institutions instead of manufacturing like we learn with in school.

Try and get as much exposure to banks and financial institutions as you can. Learn how banks work.

Advice to Management

As far as I know, Crowe does a very good job in terms of compensation, employee retention in terms of hiring out of internships, diversity and promotion opportunities for its employees. I couldn’t make any recommendations in terms of making these areas more competitive as I believe they already are.

During the interview process, the first couple of interviews (HR interviews) were your basic questions asking you to describe a situation you have been put in relevant to problem solving. As the interview process got farther along, the questions got more detailed to account specific questions.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.