Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

A great view into the world of accounting.

The pay was great. The people that I worked with were very nice and helpful.

There were times that I did not have much to do.

Go in with an open mind. This is not one of the big 4 accounting firms, but the experience you have will be worthwhile.

Date: 2013

An intense & fulfilling encounter with auditing financial institutions

The strengthening of my auditing knowledge & brainstorming/planning how to test journal entries in compliance with new legislation.

The delay in feedback about my performance.

There is a spirit of comradery instead of competition in the audit groups.

Advice to Management

The training wasn't as helpful as it could have been in preparing me for the expectations of the audit groups I was working with.

Date: 2013

Great opportunities and a company that cares.

I was able to perform work that was meaningful and that any other staff would be assigned as an intern.

I wasn't a big fan of auditing, so I transfered into consulting after the internship.

Potential for advancement and does the company care about you.

Start Here, Go Anywhere

The hands on learning experience, the environment, and the people

Papercuts, jammed printers, Pizza Wednesdays

If you think tax season hours are bad, they don't compare to hours at the Big 4.

Date: 2013

Fun, challenging, and thorough.

Getting real experience. Traveling. Planning a community service event without face to face interaction. Interacting with upper level employees of other companies. Interacting with managers and partners of the firm.

Inability to interact with other interns or hear about the other business units.

I interviewed with Deloitte and KPMG. Although they might not have the big name, they care about their people and have an interview process unlike other firms. They're a unique alternative to the Big 4. Great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think they could be more forward about how diversity plays a role in the firm outside of simply mentioning their "People Resource Networks."

Date: 2013

The best opportunity I've ever had

Coworkers, independence, challenging work

At first I had trouble asking for help

It's a great place to work where everyone wants to help and everyone supports you.

Advice to Management

Have check ins with superiors more frequently.

Date: 2013

Dual audit and tax internship balanced with high company morals and values with a fantastic group of coworkers.

The best aspect of the internship for me, was the ability to do both audit and taxation functions. This gave me a better understanding of both business units, and helped me decide which facet I liked better. The second best aspect, was the fact that I had both a "coach" and a "buddy" to help me with anything I could possibly need. Ranging from career to personal advice, I felt so comfortable going to either of them with any issues that arised.

I liked absolutely everything about my internship. Everything exceeded my expectations.

Throughout college, you take both taxation and audit classes. However, when an accounting firm asks you which business unit you prefer, how do you really know? Crowe Horwath gave me the opportunity to work on both sides, and decide for myself which unit I preferred, and I was able to make an educated decision.

Advice to Management

I believe that Crowe does an absolutely amazing job concerning all of the aforementioned issues. I feel incredibly valued at the company, and did not feel as if there was anything Crowe needed to improve upon. I could not be happier with the firm that I chose.

Challenging, but extremely rewarding

High level of responsibility/decision making, direct interaction with various levels of client employees, and very friendly, helpful co-workers/managers.

Long hours and travel time away from home. However, this was expected working during busy season.

Be prepared to be challenged and work very hard. Also, try to interact with clients as much as possible; you will learn as much, or more from client interaction as you will from your managers.

Advice to Management

Training was a bit light. I felt like I was lost for the first week or two.

Great time!

Valuable work

Low man on the totem pole

Great fun!

Advice to Management

More work life balance

Date: 2013

Sowing seeds to reap tomorrow.

My team, other employees I worked with, the pay, etc.

It was a large time commitment, but I expected that for busy season.

This company actually cares about your future. They don't teach you to make their team or company look good. The genuinely want you to learn to make you successful.

Advice to Management

More interaction between teams, more company outings, etc.