Intern at Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship? Submit a Review

Crowe's SOAR Interns Learn to Fly

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship is that we were constantly challenged, encouraged to learn more. Also, we were always treated like full-time employees.

The majority of the training felt like it was missing energy/interaction and could possibly benefit from more hands-on training.

Crowe is a caring company that provides challenging experiences that encourage learning. The culture is very welcoming and willing to help build you up as you grow in Crowe.

If you were provided with an ASA configuration, what security settings would you want to see?

On a website vulnerable to Cross-Site Request Forgery, what would you recommend to remediate the issue?

Did meaningful work

South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Did meaningful work

Some of the clients I worked on were small Ma and Pa type places

Always ask questions if you do not understand anything, just don't ask dumb questions.

Traveling with many great people to experience many new things.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling to different places while working and learning from many different people.

I did not dislike anything about the internship.

My advice to you would be to ask as many questions as possible, and try to meet as many people as possible.

What challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them?

Advice to Management

I do not think anything needs to change. I had a wonderful experience.

Great experience with great people

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People and learning opportunities

Lots of traveling

Great experience!

How well do you work in teams?

Advice to Management

More time off to study for the CPA

The internship benefited me forever.

Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

To know what it is like working a public accounting firm.

None, I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Try your best to get as much work done as possible.

Learning Experience

Constantly learning

Week of training

Be ready to learn

If You Come Ready to Work and Learn, You Will Succeed

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning the ropes of risk management and how it is so important in the business process.

There really is nothing I can think of at this time.

Crowe has a fantastic culture, considering that it's a public accounting and consulting firm. It's a great firm to work for because of the experience and knowledge that you gain. The partners are easily accessible, which is not common. The people are extremely knowledgeable and great to work with.

If you like what you do, are a people person that has or can develop technical skills, and aren't afraid to work hard, then you'll love Crowe.

Great work and learning experience

Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were exceptionally helpful and enjoyable to work with.

Sometimes the hours were long, but that is just an aspect of the industry.

Try and take in as many aspects of the experience as possible. The people you will work with understand the position that you're in and many of them have been in that position themselves, so don't feel pressure to know everything right off the bat.

The Internship Experience: Travel, Multiple Clients, New Experiences

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The full-time staff are very friendly and make themselves available to help you learn. The work assigned to me was the same work that first-year staff do, so I really got to learn a lot and see exactly what I would be doing if I worked there. The salary for the internship exceeded the average for the accounting industry. I got to be on multiple clients during the summer, so I met a lot of people in the firm and got to do different work every two weeks.

I missed a lot of the intern events because I was on various clients throughout the summer. I was traveling and was not in the office in NY, causing me to miss the events.

As an intern, you may be traveling a lot depending on the department you are in. Do not expect to be going into the office that you are based in every day. Also expect to be learning a lot. You do different work on every client, so you will have to be able to learn quickly.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years?

Advice to Management

Communication during travel could be improved, especially when the staff on the team do not all know each other.

Corwe nutures and encourages growth through hands-on practice

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All staff members were very willing to give more work if they were asked. Also every audit brought a new type of experience/ new task so that I wasn't doing the same thing every audit.

I can't think of anything.

Work-life balance, work environment/energy, core values

Advice to Management

Efficiency with instructions to interns. For example, rolling DCAs and ERLAs is something many of the staff gave me, and though it is a straight forward process, there were sometimes deviations in instructions. Perhaps creating some kind of uniform template/ instruction sheet for basic tasks for interns will save both the interns and staff members time.