Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Sowing seeds to reap tomorrow.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team, other employees I worked with, the pay, etc.

It was a large time commitment, but I expected that for busy season.

This company actually cares about your future. They don't teach you to make their team or company look good. The genuinely want you to learn to make you successful.

Advice to Management

More interaction between teams, more company outings, etc.

Dual audit and tax internship balanced with high company morals and values with a fantastic group of coworkers.
Grand Rapids, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship for me, was the ability to do both audit and taxation functions. This gave me a better understanding of both business units, and helped me decide which facet I liked better. The second best aspect, was the fact that I had both a "coach" and a "buddy" to help me with anything I could possibly need. Ranging from career to personal advice, I felt so comfortable going to either of them with any issues that arised.

I liked absolutely everything about my internship. Everything exceeded my expectations.

Throughout college, you take both taxation and audit classes. However, when an accounting firm asks you which business unit you prefer, how do you really know? Crowe Horwath gave me the opportunity to work on both sides, and decide for myself which unit I preferred, and I was able to make an educated decision.

Advice to Management

I believe that Crowe does an absolutely amazing job concerning all of the aforementioned issues. I feel incredibly valued at the company, and did not feel as if there was anything Crowe needed to improve upon. I could not be happier with the firm that I chose.

Hands-on Experience leads to a valuable internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to engage on client engagements - not as an intern, but you feel like a full time hire

I liked everything

Being open minded, understanding all aspects of the client's needs, and being independent

Fun, challenging, and thorough.

Getting real experience.

Traveling.

Planning a community service event without face to face interaction.

Interacting with upper level employees of other companies.

Interacting with managers and partners of the firm.

Inability to interact with other interns or hear about the other business units.

I interviewed with Deloitte and KPMG. Although they might not have the big name, they care about their people and have an interview process unlike other firms. They're a unique alternative to the Big 4. Great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think they could be more forward about how diversity plays a role in the firm outside of simply mentioning their "People Resource Networks."

Olivia Burns Hits a Home-run with Crowe Horwath and Experiences a Career-Changing Opportunity as an Audit Intern
Fort Wayne, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

traveling, meeting new people, and learning a lot

long hours, working saturdays

Crowe is a great company to work for. They took good care of me, even as an intern! I would feel honored to work for this company when I finish school.

Advice to Management

For the Fort Wayne office specifically, more social activities for the employees may help bring up the moral. I noticed quite a lot of gossip and not enough positive attitudes and energy.

Discover your future profession.
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great co-workers, real-life experience, well paid job, training in Chicago, personal space in the office, personal laptop, etc.

To be honest with you, I cannot recall anything that I did not like from my internship.

Be yourself, work hard, learn as much as you can.

Advice to Management

Continue the same approach in developing and organizing this great internship program.

Great experience with great people
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were so much opportunities to learn

The interns had to share a room.

Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Great hands-on experience and lots of fun
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with made it great. They helped me along and when I struggled with something I had people helping me step by step. It was a great working environment,

There were some weeks where there was not a lot of work for us to do. We were sitting around asking for work and sometimes would not get anything for a whole day. This was frustrating, but we were also told it was rare-- they just did not have any simple returns to get us started on.

This is great if you want to do tax accounting. You get a lot more hands on experience and familiarity with tax returns. You get to meet a lot of people, including the partners, and sometimes even work directly with partners. Its a great alternative to the big 4 accounting firms.

10 weeks of invaluable experience with Crowe
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It includes the amount of learning involved, first hand experience with industry experts, and the Crowe culture.

The only thing I can think of is the paid parking!

Crowe provides excellent opportunities to learn and develop accounting skills. Go Crowe!

Challenging, but extremely rewarding
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

High level of responsibility/decision making, direct interaction with various levels of client employees, and very friendly, helpful co-workers/managers.

Long hours and travel time away from home. However, this was expected working during busy season.

Be prepared to be challenged and work very hard. Also, try to interact with clients as much as possible; you will learn as much, or more from client interaction as you will from your managers.

Advice to Management

Training was a bit light. I felt like I was lost for the first week or two.