Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Accounting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Best Internship Ever
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company

Sometimes didn't have work to do

Crowe is honestly one of the best accounting companies to work for. My experience here doesn't even compare to my friends' experiences in the Big 4.

Advice to Management

Finding more things for interns to do in their free time even though it might be hard to do when it's not busy season. Possibly compensation in comparison to Big 4.

Corwe nutures and encourages growth through hands-on practice
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All staff members were very willing to give more work if they were asked. Also every audit brought a new type of experience/ new task so that I wasn't doing the same thing every audit.

I can't think of anything.

Work-life balance, work environment/energy, core values

Advice to Management

Efficiency with instructions to interns. For example, rolling DCAs and ERLAs is something many of the staff gave me, and though it is a straight forward process, there were sometimes deviations in instructions. Perhaps creating some kind of uniform template/ instruction sheet for basic tasks for interns will save both the interns and staff members time.

If You Come Ready to Work and Learn, You Will Succeed
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning the ropes of risk management and how it is so important in the business process.

There really is nothing I can think of at this time.

Crowe has a fantastic culture, considering that it's a public accounting and consulting firm. It's a great firm to work for because of the experience and knowledge that you gain. The partners are easily accessible, which is not common. The people are extremely knowledgeable and great to work with.

If you like what you do, are a people person that has or can develop technical skills, and aren't afraid to work hard, then you'll love Crowe.

Great work and learning experience
Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were exceptionally helpful and enjoyable to work with.

Sometimes the hours were long, but that is just an aspect of the industry.

Try and take in as many aspects of the experience as possible. The people you will work with understand the position that you're in and many of them have been in that position themselves, so don't feel pressure to know everything right off the bat.

Awesome opportunity
Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being allowed to work at the client site and doing real accounting work. Did not feel like I was given menial tasks to keep busy. I was doing exactly what a first year staff would do.

The business unit I interned in requires a lot of overnight travel and can be hectic at times.

Learn as much as you can and don't be afraid to ask questions and to take on new tasks.

Tell me a time when you had to lead a group and how you did it?

Advice to Management

As for the business unit I was in I know that a lot of people tend to leave because of the extensive travel. Although, i understand the job requires you to travel maybe the company can set up a system where your away two weeks and home two weeks.,

Crowe's SOAR Interns Learn to Fly
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship is that we were constantly challenged, encouraged to learn more. Also, we were always treated like full-time employees.

The majority of the training felt like it was missing energy/interaction and could possibly benefit from more hands-on training.

Crowe is a caring company that provides challenging experiences that encourage learning. The culture is very welcoming and willing to help build you up as you grow in Crowe.

If you were provided with an ASA configuration, what security settings would you want to see?

On a website vulnerable to Cross-Site Request Forgery, what would you recommend to remediate the issue?

diverse
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

i got to do a tax/ audit rotation to decide which one i preferred

timing was a bit tight with the rotation

try both tax and audit, you might be surprised which one you like

An excellent experience that helped me to understand more about Public Accounting and the day to day operations in Taxation.
South Bend, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The individuals I worked with were very supportive and helpful to my overall experience there.

I was not the biggest fan of the hours because I often got to work before anyone else in my department and did not have much to do until they got there.

Learn as much as you can and be willing to accept constructive criticism.

What sort of experience do you have in Tax?

Advice to Management

Possibly provide a better lunch area/café.

Enjoyable experince, Great people, Learned a lot
Lexington, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

On the job work experience in most every aspect of a financial institution audit.

At some points during my internship I felt stretched thin, but never for extended periods of time. There were always people willing and able to help me.

Get in with an organization early. Go to leadership conferences. Give a potential employer your resume a year or two earlier than what they are looking for and keep coming back to interview.

great
Louisville, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

skill development

I like everything about the internship i learned alot

be organized and work hard