Crowe's Success-Opportunities-Achievements-Results (SOAR) Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships  /  #21 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

A well rounded paid internship experience.

job offer/experience

wish I had more time and a wider range of clients to work with

Receive a good first real life accounting experience.

Advice to Management

nothing

Date: 2013

Great place to work. Very challenging and you will learn what is needed for an audit.

The pay was great for an internship. I enjoyed doing a little bit of traveling and treated just like the staff.

I felt like the training we received did not prepare us for what we would be doing. The training went through the very basics and when I went on my first audit, I had no clue what to do.

It's a great place to work with good employees. They will challenge you and you will learn a lot.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would change is the training. It just did not prepare you for what you would be doing on an audit. I feel like the training should be based off what you will be doing throughout your internship.

Crowe Horwath: Great People and Place to Work

The employees I worked with

I did not have as many hours as a spring intern

The employees at Crowe stay committed to getting the job done.

Advice to Management

I think my organization could have placed me on more clients as an intern.

Date: 2013

Crowe set me up for success

Interns were given real responsibilities and treated just like first-year staff. You're given audit work to do and the staff teach you the skills you need to complete it. It's never easy diving into a new job, and as a college student jumping into a complex work-load, it's comforting knowing that they're there to help. They don't expect you to know everything when you first walk through the door. Crowe invested as much in me as I did in them.

Long hours can be rough at first. But at least as an intern you're getting paid hourly!

Find an organization that invests as much (if not more) in you, as you invest in the company. And choose a company you mesh well with in terms of values & the people you work with. If you're there just for a paycheck or to have a good corporate headline on your resume until you find a new job, you could have a pretty miserable couple months or years. Even the long hours during busy season don't seem as bad if you like what you do and the people you work with.

Best Experience Possible

Camaraderie feeling.

Can get crazy during busy season.

Pay is very similar to a Big 4 firm, yet the hours are a lot more realistic. Additionally, working within a midsize firm allows interns to experience a variety of topics.

Date: 2013

Sowing seeds to reap tomorrow.

My team, other employees I worked with, the pay, etc.

It was a large time commitment, but I expected that for busy season.

This company actually cares about your future. They don't teach you to make their team or company look good. The genuinely want you to learn to make you successful.

Advice to Management

More interaction between teams, more company outings, etc.

Start Here, Go Anywhere

The hands on learning experience, the environment, and the people

Papercuts, jammed printers, Pizza Wednesdays

If you think tax season hours are bad, they don't compare to hours at the Big 4.

Date: 2013

Fun, challenging, and thorough.

Getting real experience. Traveling. Planning a community service event without face to face interaction. Interacting with upper level employees of other companies. Interacting with managers and partners of the firm.

Inability to interact with other interns or hear about the other business units.

I interviewed with Deloitte and KPMG. Although they might not have the big name, they care about their people and have an interview process unlike other firms. They're a unique alternative to the Big 4. Great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think they could be more forward about how diversity plays a role in the firm outside of simply mentioning their "People Resource Networks."

Date: 2013

Hands-on Experience leads to a valuable internship

Being able to engage on client engagements - not as an intern, but you feel like a full time hire

I liked everything

Being open minded, understanding all aspects of the client's needs, and being independent

10 weeks of invaluable experience with Crowe

It includes the amount of learning involved, first hand experience with industry experts, and the Crowe culture.

The only thing I can think of is the paid parking!

Crowe provides excellent opportunities to learn and develop accounting skills. Go Crowe!