Intern at Armanino LLP Audit Internship, Tax Internship, Consulting Internship? Submit a Review

Impactful internship experience that I mostly likely won't get at a Big Four.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking; hands-on training; don't need a lot of experience just basic accounting knowledge is fine; experiencing life as an auditor; learning of my True Colors spectrum

Internship was too short; trainings were too long

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the job because they don't expect you to come in with a ton of experience. Be sure to view these 8 weeks of internship as an 8 week long interview: you're trying out the company but you're also being evaluated. They want to be sure they're investing in the right intern because everyone is a potential full time hire. Also, network with as many people as you can because you'll definitely meet tons of people. Ask them of their experiences and for tips and advice, they would love to share their stories and ideas. And most important of all, enjoy the internship as much as possible and have fun.

Better than the Big 4

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are so welcoming and willing to help!

Traveling with traffic, but then again, that's everywhere.

Armanino is a great learning experience and introduction to public accounting. If you try and work hard, you will be fine.

Great Job, Great People, Great Fun

the people, culture and opportunities. Intern Fridays were awesome too

some last minute schedule changes

Armanino is for people who like to think on their own and be creative in the audit process.

zzz

zzzzzzzzzzz

Advice to Management

zzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

A great experience where you can learn a lot!

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I flew to conduct an audit and was always kept busy during my internship.

There was a lot of travel (driving) during the internship, up to 2 hours each way. The clients are smaller, which means more unpredictability.

Offer is pretty much guaranteed. They treat their employees well; however, the clients are sub-par.

How to audit in 8 weeks

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people there are amazingly friendly and a really sense of brotherhood grows amongst the intern group.

I wish we had been on jobs for slightly longer stints at a time.

Just be yourself at work and you'll enjoy it a ton. The people are funny and easy going if you're friendly and open with them. There's a great opportunity to make solid relationships at this firm.

Advice to Management

Allow the interns to be on jobs longer than just couple day stints.

All the classic ones, really.

Meet great people and do tedious work

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay is solid, people are great

Lack of formal training program

Pay attention to everything, detail is important!

Advice to Management

27/hour is not comparable to the big 4

Tell me something that wasn't on your resume.

A great opportunity for any aspiring young accountant and businessperson.

San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the experiences I was able to gain while completing the typical work of a first year staff member. Having this real-world experience was definitely beneficial and has drastically increased my comfort and understanding of accounting.

I would have preferred a bit more training before going directly into fieldwork. Without the ability to have the basic knowledge, I was unsure of my role during my first two clients. After "training week" (week three) I felt much more comfortable talking with clients, completing work papers, and asking technical questions.

Take full opportunity of the experience by meeting with managers and partners, asking questions, and leveraging your experience and knowledge. As an intern, you will have the benefit of meeting tons of great people who will have insight and opinions of the career path, and make sure to take advantage of the great opportunity.

Advice to Management

I truly loved everything about working at Armanino, from the great staff, managers, and partners, to the flexible work environment.

Having fun while working hard.

San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility was definitely one of the best aspects. It wasn't just flexible for me as an intern but it was flexible for everyone. If you had an apppointment or a training you were able to work from the office rather than the client. If you needed to leave early on a Friday you could work extra during the week. The people was another one of the best aspects. Everyone was so nice and willing to help you. A lot of the people at the firm started here so they understand how it feels to have questions. The overall best aspect for me was that I got to do a lot more auditing than my friends at other firms did. I would ask them about how they audited certain things and they would have no idea.

The only thing that I didn't like was that it was the working world, but that would have been the same anywhere I was interning.

Armanino is a lot more relaxed than and not as structured as a Big 4 firm. What I mean by that is I don't feel pressure to stay more than 8 hours and it could take you less time to move up the ladder than at a Big 4. I think it is really important when choosing an internship to at least know the type of atmosphere and people you want to work with. This is not a competitive atmosphere this is very much a team atmosphere where people care about your personal life and care about theirs as well. Working here doesn't throw you into the typical work day grind. If you are someone who really values your friends and family this is a great place for you.

Is Audit the Right Path for You?

San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at Armanino were amazing to work with.

It was hard to keep the interns busy with relevant work the whole time.

I think this a great internship if looking for a career in audit