Most Prestigious Banking Companies

The Vault Guide to the Top 50 Banking Firms rates more than 75 top investment banking firms in the industry. We chose these firms based on previous industry insider opinion as well as various factual data, including size in terms of employees and annual U.S. revenue. The firms we identified were asked to distribute our online survey to their investment banking employees. The survey consisted of questions about life at the firm (or former firm) and a prestige rating. Participants were asked to rate companies with which they were familiar on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most prestigious. They were not allowed to rate their own (or former) employer.

For those companies that opted not to distribute the survey, Vault sought contacts at the firm through other sources. Those banking professionals took the same survey as the employees at firms that participated.

Approximately 3,500 banking professionals filled out Vault's 2012 Banking Survey in the spring of 2012. Vault averaged the prestige scores for each firm and ranked them in order.

Rankings: Most Prestigious Banking Companies