Work at Triage Consulting Group? Submit a Review

Be prepared to wear a headset all your days!

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love the friends I have made at Triage. The people truly are the only reason why I don't dread coming to work everyday.

Feeling watched and monitored all the time. Triage says they don't micromanage, but what we get instead is a pseudo-freedom.

Comments

The RSG position is fine for a gap year / temporary employment opportunity. However, I really would not recommend to many people. While you do gain knowledge of hospital claims and the business side of healthcare, there is very little room for promotion in this department. I think because Triage has a good work/life balance, some employees can easily become complacent with the job-- not particularly enjoying the work/finding high value in his/her job but simultaneously not wanting to give up the good work culture to pursue other opportunities that may have more steep competition/greater work demands. In closing, I love many of the people I met at Triage. My work friends are kind, funny, goofy, and smart. But if it's any indication of how we view Triage as a platform for our careers, we are all leaving/planning on leaving within in a year.

Good on paper, worse in person

Easy entry-level job to get in an amazing city, you won't be worked to the bone and can easily exit elsewhere when you want to

strange company culture, bad management, retention problems, poor compensation/perks

Interesting and fun initial step for those pursuing a healthcare career.

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and most of upper level management

The tedious and banal work, which leave you feeling unimportant. Standardized and outdated compensation.

Comments

If you are considering a career in healthcare or unsure of your next step, Triage will offer you a glimpse into the consulting world through the lens of healthcare. The firm has a fun, collaborative atmosphere where you will inevitably be able to build strong relationships.

Not what I expected

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

stereotypical coworkers; ineffective promotion track; lack of retention

Youthful culture and reasonable hours - but very monotonous and frustrating

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Hours, culture, work/life balance

Redundancy of work

Comments

There are limitations to working here but this is a great place to start your career.

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

The people

The work

Comments

Triage is a good first job out of college, but that is where the pros end and the cons begin. The work is incredibly dull and unchallenging. One of the themes in conversations with my coworkers is that they're scared of becoming complacent and staying at Triage for more than 2 or 3 years.

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the analysts, associates, senior associates, and managers. Those people make my firm a great place to work, and are invaluable to our companies culture.

Very monotonous and boring work. Management doesn't have a clear and compelling direction. Principals aren't the best and brightest of the company, and appear lazy.

Comments

Triage is a great first job especially if you want to go to graduate school. However, the work is narrow in scope, isn't very transferrable to other jobs, and can get stale quickly.

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Healthcare industry exposure and training programs

Low pay, fratty culture, not very diverse, hive mentality

Comments

This company is probably best for you if you are interested in healthcare. However, there is not as much consulting done here as the name would suggest. Furthermore, the pay is relatively low but the company doesn't allow pay negotiations.

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Fun sinc everyone is young.

No promotion based on performance, so there is no incentive to improve

Comments

This is not a career job. If you begin a job here, expect to be job hunting again in abut 2 to 3 years.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the culture, the vibe

The disconnect of upper management with the people

Comments

The culture at Triage is great, but consider your all of your options in regards to career track and what you would be doing on a day to day basis.