Work at The Chartis Group? Submit a Review

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The mission, the people and the culture.

Some long days -- but more than usually, it is worth it.

Denver, CO | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people, their commitment, their passion

being away from children

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

INCREDIBLY smart dedicated colleagues

can get lonely and feel disconnected sometimes being remotely based

Comments

If you are truly focused and committed to improving our healthcare delivery system, then consider Chartis. If you just want a prestigious consulting job and don't have a 'triple bottom line' approach to your work, then that will come across in the interview and Chartis won't be interested in you. People at this firm really 'walk the walk' and we look for others who are as passionate as we are about fixing our broken healthcare system.

Culture and Growth Opportunity

Long Hours

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The Community of incredibly smart yet caring people

Egomania

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Colegial environment and meaningfully contributing to advancing the quality of healthcare

consulting lifestyle

Comments

If you are committed to healthcare delivery and want to work in a challenging, development focused environment, come to the chartis group

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Keeping up with the information

San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture of caring, down-to-earth, exceptionally bright individuals working together to improve healthcare delivery

Low compensation trajectory for managers and partners

Comments

I think if you are looking to do management consulting, the three most important things to look for are work/life balance, professional development opportunities, and culture. Compensation will inevitably be comparable across the top tier firms when you are coming out of an MBA or Masters program. Ask if they are flexible on travel and what the typical hours are. At Chartis, we are flexible and try to make the lifestyle work for you. We try to stay within 50-55 hours/week. E-mailing/working on weekends and vacations in heavily frowned upon. Make sure to dig around at other firms, because what they advertise is not what they practice. Ask about professional development. At Chartis, we have a formal program that includes partner-level mentors who speak to you every two weeks, informal and constant feedback from managers, project transition calls to discuss ways we can tailor the new project to your needs, and in-depth self-assessments and reviews every six months. We have senior level people assigned to a project - that is very unique. You get to sit next to a partner on a daily basis and ask questions and be coached through every aspect. You then turn around and advise the world's top healthcare CEOs with your coach by your side. You can't get that development experience at very many other places.Finally, get a feel for the culture. Come to one of our summer retreats, and you will understand why we say we are a family. We know each other's family members - we go kayaking with them, we have picnics with each other's families, and we grow a bond that carries us to care for each other tremendously. A lot of new candidates often get wooed by the compensation and the brand, but my advice is to look into these three areas and dig long and hard to figure out what works best for you and which firm will be the best fit.

Midlevel in Management

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Tough clients

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I work with really amazing colleagues.