Work at The Brattle Group? Submit a Review

Experienced in Economic

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging work with smart people.

Limited career development beyond a certain point both in terms of promotion and roles/responsibilities.

Comments

Have to decide if economic consulting is the career you want to pursue for ever or if the job is a 2-4 year position to lead to something else. Then figure out what opportunities each firm provides depending on the goal.

Entry-level

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

High degree of responsibility and ownership as the firm is smaller

Little incentive to work long hours

Midlevel in Economic

Cambridge, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture

Unreasonable work expectations

Experienced in Energy & Utilities

Cambridge, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Be very careful who you choose to work with.

Entry-level

Cambridge, MA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I think the benefit package is really good. I appreciate the effort behind the Friday parties. Our base salary is competitive. The office is in a great location.

I feel that my biggest issues are the incompetent managers and unprofessional behavior I have encountered.

Comments

I feel that Brattle has not lived up to its reputation, and what it markets itself as when recruiting. The firm has consistently shown that they are willing to let go of the culture that initially existed there, in favor of becoming less civil and less humane. While Brattle likes to say that employees have good work-life balance, that depends heavily on who a person's project managers are. In the end, if you get a bad project manager, you will work twice as hard as other people, be treated poorly, be part of a team with low morale, and will get compensated minimally for your hard work in the difficult situation.