Work at The Brattle Group? Submit a Review

Challenging, interesting work with a strong support system.

Entry-level in Economic | Cambridge, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging work

Lack of direct mentorship

Using my Degree to Solve Real Problems

Entry-level in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The office culture, the type and quality of work, and compensation package all make The Brattle Group an ideal firm to work for.

What you see is what you get.

Partner in Economic | Cambridge, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Respect of individuals across all levels of the firm

Sometimes it is difficult to control my schedule (true of all consulting firms)

Partner in Economic

Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

people

client deadlines

Steep learning curve, very rewarding

Midlevel in Economic | San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Top notch people, challenging work, excellent development opportunities, fantastic compensation, great and fun culture

Brattle - It's the place to be!

Experienced in Energy & Utilities | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I know it's a cliche, but the best part is the people. It's not just that the people here are great individually, it's that they have created a wonderful culture. When it comes to Brattlers, the whole is truly greater than the sum of the parts.

Our office is in an energy efficiency building. As a result, the climate control isn't that great. I know that's a minor point, but working here is great.

Comments

Brattle values analytical ability, but it also places a heavy emphasis on culture. We're looking for smart people, but we want people who are willing to things the Brattle way. That doesn't mean the firm quashes individuality; it means that we want candidates to embrace an approach to work that emphasizes consistent quality. So, for example, we have protocols for working in Excel that require us to use color coding to identify the content of workbook cells. Things like that help us avoid errors in the same way traffic lights help drivers avoid accidents. However, some people have trouble with what they view as arbitrary rules. I've known very smart individuals who simply would not fit with our culture either because they're somewhat sloppy in their work, or because they insist on doing work in their own way. So, if you want to fit in here, you need to demonstrate that you possess critical thinking skills and the ability to work as part of a team. That can be difficult to demonstrate, but candidates need to be able to do that.

Great place to work, wonderful colleagues, challenging and rewarding work

Partner in Energy & Utilities | Cambridge, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, people, people, people, work

Fantastic corporate culture, no reason to go anywhere else.

Partner in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the firm culture - very collegial

sometimes the hours, when deadlines are approaching

Entry-level

Cambridge, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm has a strong culture of respect for its employees, who, in turn, are committed to their work, which they approach with impressive skill and creativity.

Clients can be demanding, resulting in long hours and occasional tight deadlines.

The Best Place in The World to Spend 23 Years of My Life!

Partner in Economic | Cambridge, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I have worked at The Brattle Group for 23 years. I think it is an awesome place. We have wonderful people, a flat heirarchy. It is just a fun place to work!

The worst things are not related to the firm, but to the profession, so I have nothing bad to say about the firm. The firm is great! It is important when evaluating economic consulting firms to realize that working hard is part of the job. Work/life balance is tough.

Comments

See above. I have been at The Brattle Group for 23 years. I worked at a firm like this in Madison Wisconsin, which is what got me into this field. I think I found the best. It has similar beliefs to what I found in the Midwest!