Work at The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.? Submit a Review

Great Place to Work

February 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The staff and managers are great. The work is real. Hours are never off the wall for Tax. Flexible work schedule. Easy to take time off. Great culture. Treats people equally with respect. Great mentorship program. People are helpful and willing to train.

Benefits are expensive. 401k match is a joke. Pays less than similar firms in the area. Initial training is almost non-existent, but the people working at the firm will help you once you have work.

Comments

I agree that the firm has a shady recruiter. I don't know why that person works here because they do not seem to share the same values as the people who work here. I did not go through that recruiter to get hired. The original recruiter prior to this one was amazing and did reflect the firms values. When the managers try to hire people, the current recruiter seems to hinder the hiring process. We tend to lose good talent, and that seems to be a recruiter problem. We DO NOT have a problem retaining talent because our managers and staff all work well together, and the core people are very intelligent. Some day our firm will worry less about politics, and will replace the recruiter with one more in line with our values. Please DO NOT base our firm on what you see with the recruiter. This is an awesome place to work, and you will never see the recruiter again, once you work here. From what I have seen, the recruiter does not interview you, and you can bypass the recruiter if it is an issue.

The benefits of working her outweigh the downs, unless all you care about is a paycheck. If you have had a lot of jobs, especially in public accounting, you will appreciate working for this firm.

Challenging work at the biggest companies in the world with a team of diverse (both culturally and in terms of thinking) and like-minded individuals

Midlevel in Retail & Consumer Goods | Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interesting work, great people, excellent compensation

Challenging work means it can be stressful at times, hours can be spikey

Help me realize my potential and fulfill my passion

Partner in Retail & Consumer Goods | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

Solving some of the most complex problems in the world with my closest friends

Midlevel in Strategy | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, continued learning, serving clients

Long hours, ambiguity

Dream come true

Experienced in Retail & Consumer Goods | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Hungry & humble people, challenging & rewarding experiences

Unpredictability of this industry

Incredible learning with the smartest (and nicest) people

Midlevel in Strategy | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working at BCG will give you a great career outome (like our peers), but the process has value, and spending a few years here will be the best experience.

Consulting is client service, which is fundamentally challenging and drives the difficulty in maintaining work-live balance.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and people

Making every moment count

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Steep learning curve, lots of responsibility

Steep learning curve, lots of responsibility

Most-intelligent coworkers, great environment, interesting work

Entry-level in Management | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

Unpredictability

Simply put: the absolute best place to thrive

Experienced in Management | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE