Work at The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.? Submit a Review

Midlevel in Strategy

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My peers and most of my leaders are amazing

Our development/advancement processes have become less transparent; the Washington, DC office culture is suffering.

Comments

Ask the questions that get you past the surface answers. Learn how you will be staffed, how to best navigate the culture and what criteria you will be evaluated on. Be prepared to receive good feedback often but have to push for areas for development.

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Smart, motivated people. Interesting, challenging work for the most part. Great pay and benefits

Luck of the draw in terms of who you work with is more important than I would have guessed

Entry-level in Strategy

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Do practice interviews

Midlevel in Management

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

You're going to work hard but be reimbursed for it (through compensation and experience).

Experienced in Strategy

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

NA

Midlevel

Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Because consultants don't have one consistent supervisor, mentorship can be difficult to find.

Comments

na

Entry-level

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

I greatly enjoy the content of the work, the culture of the company and the people I work with. I do not like the work hours.

Midlevel in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My colleagues

The hours and travel

Comments

BCG is an amazing place to work, and my colleagues are what I love the most.

Entry-level in Management

Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. You are never going to be around this many fun, smart, awesome people in any other firm. It's what makes the hours and the **** days manageable. We also work with clients from all ranks in their firms, not just focusing our time/effort on the C-suite. I really like working with someone my level (just as much as I like presenting to the CEO) because I know my work is more likely to make an impact when everyone in bought-in. We're not stuck-up.

The inconsistency of hours / work-life balance from office-to-office. It's well-known that some offices are more conducive to having a life than others and some partners are more sane than others (for lack of a better word). After two projects with crazy partners I know I'll be seeking out the ones with a reputation for achievable standards.

Comments

Seems to vary project-to-project. There is a high level of unpredictability from one project to the next and 6 months could be awesome followed by 3 months that suck.

Midlevel in Management

Minneapolis, MN | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Consulting is a demanding career that forces lifestyle tradeoffs.