PRTM (a PwC Company)

4.0 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 8 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Experienced in Operations
Chicago, IL | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Good learning, the best at operations, great for future general management roles as well as supply chain or product development roles.

Not known for growth strategy consulting, brand is not as strong as the top consulting firms though the quality of work and the individuals is atleast as good. Salary and bonus are lower for the lower consulting levels (believe it is competitive at the higher levels) than average considering the quality of work and the amount of stress one has to handle.

Comments

Its early going but so far, it has been a wonderful learning experience

Executive in Management
Costa Mesa, CA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Extremely smart and nice people, strong result orientation, game changing client work

Work-life balance gets out of balance pretty rapidly if one is not careful

Comments

Result oriented and professionally satisfying

Experienced in Operations
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Get the opportunity to work with smart people on problems that are generally interesting. However, there are drawbacks to working in client service industries.

Midlevel in Operations
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, compensation, community involvement, projects that are interesting

work-life balance, understaffed projects, training

Comments

The firm preaches the ability to move between the commercial and public sector side, which was one of the biggest draws for me when I first joined. In reality, it is exceedingly hard to move between groups, and unlikely unless there are no public sector projects with open staffing needs.

Because people are overburdened with projects and NBD, we tend to sell work that is not very well thought out. Often we are faced with situations where we are far under-resourced to accomplish the task at hand. Performance in these cases are reflected on the people staffed to do the job, with no accountability place on the people who sold the work. I've heard in some cases people writing proposals who are crossing their fingers not to be staffed on the project. This is a huge shortcoming.

I do like the fact that we are small and can be entrepreneurial. Consultants are able to pursue many different opportunities of interest. However, we sell ourselves to potential clients as in experts in everything. The people who actually have to execute the projects may not have the skill sets required to succeed, or may have to be very creative in the project approach as there is no available IP to leverage. While 100% of my projects have been completed successfully, these issues have raised stress levels significantly.

Midlevel in Operations
Boston, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Often unnecessary travel due to entrenched "face-time" culture. Shifting corporate direction with little visibility into overall firm strategy. Relatively inflexible career progression.

Midlevel in Public Sector
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I've met a few outstanding people.

Sadly, they're all in a similar situation and we're trying to get out.

Comments

Had I have known what I know now (and had I have wanted to become a government contractor), I would have gone to Booz Allen Hamilton. At BAH, I would have been paid more, worked less and had more meaningful projects. Sure, I would have had a slower trajectory, but it would have been more meaningful along the way. PRTM makes an excellent pitch since it's late 2000s rebranding effort, the problem is that it simply isn't accurate. Essentially, we collect the work that's passed over by more prestigious consulting firms. Where McKinsey or BCG will easily have $100 million of business somewhere like Amazon, we'd be lucky to get $100K, let along $1 million. Part of the problem is that our "operational strategy" work simply doesn't deliver a similar return on investment.

Mid-level in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm's culture and the people that the firm attracts are great to work with. They are hard working, down to earth, and fun to be around.

Most consultants travel 4 days out of the week every week

Mid-level in Public Sector
Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people. Team atmosphere.