Work at PRTM (a PwC Company)? Submit a Review

Experienced in Telecommunications & High Tech

Boston, MA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Fast pace of promotions

Interesting and strategic work

Executive

1) Deep, open collaboration with a great group of colleagues

2) Fun, challenging, hands-on work involving core operational changes for clients that goes all the way to seeing real results (not just making recommendations)!

3) Entrepreneurial, global perspective

1) Diversity -- we know we need to improve this

2) Travel and long working hours, but this is pretty much "part of the deal" in consulting

Comments

Consulting is a difficult lifestyle in general, but I wouldn't want to do it anywhere else. I have a great sense of job satisfaction that comes from being continually challenged intellectually with new clients and new situations, working with a tremendous group of colleagues in a very collaborative environment, and feeling that I honestly make a difference for clients as a result of my work.

Executive in Operations

Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I look forward to going to work everyday, even during the downturn.

Comments

PRTM provided me the only job I have had in my 30 year career that has held my passion and steep learning curve year after year.

Executive in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Boston, MA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

PRTM provides an environement of personal growth through challenging projects

Experienced in Energy & Utilities

Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people at PRTM are the best aspect of the firm. The consultants and the support staff all work collaboratively to success. Since there is no up-or-out policy, the competition is healthy and drives each consultant to improve their knowledge base, skill sets, and experience. I continue to meet fun, interesting, and incredibly smart people on each project, and I have developed many strong friendships with consultants from around the world. It certainly makes working those extended hours much more fun when you enjoy the company of the people with whom you work.

Maintaining a good work-life balance is a challenge, but I strongly believe a clear understanding of my personal and professional priorities is an important requirement.

Comments

Overall, PRTM provides an environment of intellectually stimulating project work among intelligent, ambitious, and experienced consultants.

Experienced in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Our firm hires extraordinary and extraordinarily smart people. They make working for PRTM a pleasure.

Work life balance is required for advancement, but, being a poorly defined concept, is often difficult to achieve. Luckily, the Directors understand that as long as you and your family are happy, work and life are balanced enough.

Comments

Truly enjoy my work and feel that my decision to go to PRTM was correct. The public sector is a relatively small portion of my firm's client portfolio and being able to bring commercial consulting expertise is making a tremendous difference in our clients' businesses.

Entry-level in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Even at the entry level, the involvement with senior clients, and the closeknit interactions with partners and other consulting staff, provide excellent professional development opportunities.

There is often little structure to internal firm operations, including training, career development, project staffing, sharing of best practices, and so forth.

Comments

In terms of overall results, PRTM consistently and effectively delivers value to the client. Projects are generally interesting and provide unparalleled opportunities for interaction with Directors (partners) and other senior staff. Consultants also get significant exposure to the business side of the firm. However, career development is somewhat unstructured, project staffing is typically ad hoc, and training and other personal development opportunities are lacking.

Entry-level in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Smart people with collaborative personalities

Accessible directors/partners

Diverse, global clientèle

Lower salaries than competitors (McKinsey)

Fixed promotion timetable

Mid-level in Telecommunications & High Tech

Chicago, IL | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flat organization, 4:1 Director:Consultant ratio, friendly consulting staff, competitive compensation, very positive business outlook, and strong leadership.

Comments

Overall the firm has a strong culture which strikes a good balance between client focus and employee needs

Mid-level in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The innovative and "start-up" type culture, the ability to define and pursue initiatives at all levels, and the meritocracy approach where consultants move ahead based on their individual capabilities and accomplishments, not compared to their peers.

Comments

All things considered, I am very happy working at PRTM. I have the opportunity to work on interesting projects that provide notable value to our clients. In general, with exceptions based on specific clients and projects, my work-life balance is solid. My compensation is very competitive with peers at other consulting firms and opportunities for professional development are sufficient given time constraints associated with the consulting industry.