PRTM (a PwC Company)

4.0 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 70 Employee Reviews)

Work at PRTM (a PwC Company)? Log in to Submit a Review

Experienced in Telecommunications & High Tech
Boston, MA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Fast pace of promotions

Interesting and strategic work

Mid-level in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

fabulous people. work / life balance. directors committed to helping you succeed.

little choice in project assignments. somewhat lower compensation.

Comments

Very happy at PRTM. I chose to return after business school despite many other competitive offers. The people are outstanding mentors, colleagues and friends, and i find the work life balance to be quite manageable.

Experienced in Telecommunications & High Tech
Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture; the opportunity to work with and make a difference for clients that are leaders in their respective industries; Diversity of project work

Executive

1) Deep, open collaboration with a great group of colleagues

2) Fun, challenging, hands-on work involving core operational changes for clients that goes all the way to seeing real results (not just making recommendations)!

3) Entrepreneurial, global perspective

1) Diversity -- we know we need to improve this

2) Travel and long working hours, but this is pretty much "part of the deal" in consulting

Comments

Consulting is a difficult lifestyle in general, but I wouldn't want to do it anywhere else. I have a great sense of job satisfaction that comes from being continually challenged intellectually with new clients and new situations, working with a tremendous group of colleagues in a very collaborative environment, and feeling that I honestly make a difference for clients as a result of my work.

Entry-level in Public Sector
Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Even at the entry level, the involvement with senior clients, and the closeknit interactions with partners and other consulting staff, provide excellent professional development opportunities.

There is often little structure to internal firm operations, including training, career development, project staffing, sharing of best practices, and so forth.

Comments

In terms of overall results, PRTM consistently and effectively delivers value to the client. Projects are generally interesting and provide unparalleled opportunities for interaction with Directors (partners) and other senior staff. Consultants also get significant exposure to the business side of the firm. However, career development is somewhat unstructured, project staffing is typically ad hoc, and training and other personal development opportunities are lacking.

Executive in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Boston, MA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

PRTM provides an environement of personal growth through challenging projects

Executive in Operations
Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I look forward to going to work everyday, even during the downturn.

Comments

PRTM provided me the only job I have had in my 30 year career that has held my passion and steep learning curve year after year.

Mid-level in Public Sector
Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Variety of work, positive culture, great people, minimal politics, reasonable work-life balance, lots of interaction with partners, depth of domain expertise, opportunity to do important work

Nothing is bad - the downside is generic to all management consulting firms: occasionally long hours, no permanent offices, etc.

Comments

Of all the firms active in the public sector, I think PRTM is the best. While we have many consultants join us from other major firms, none leave PRTM for other firms. I am quite satisfied with PRTM as a company and employer.

Entry-level in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I really believe in the work we do and think we have great people working here. I'm definitely here because of the dedicated, interesting, and social people I work with.

I didn't realize how much travel I was going to do - I started Aug 2008, right when the economy started getting tight.

Comments

I greatly respect all of my colleagues and directors and strongly believe that our work adds value to our clients.

Experienced in Strategy
New York, NY | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Company culture. global reach and engagements.

Back office could improve

Comments

Company respects you as an individual. PRTM tried everything possible to make all my requests possible.