PRTM (a PwC Company)

4.0 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 70 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Midlevel in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are outstanding and a pleasure to work with.

The travel gets tiring.

Experienced in Strategy
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flatness of organization. Direct involvement of directors in project engagements.

Not all engagements are equally appealing. Ability to be staffed on "sexy" projects is limited for lower level consultants

Experienced in Operations
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Get the opportunity to work with smart people on problems that are generally interesting. However, there are drawbacks to working in client service industries.

Midlevel in Operations
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, compensation, community involvement, projects that are interesting

work-life balance, understaffed projects, training

Comments

The firm preaches the ability to move between the commercial and public sector side, which was one of the biggest draws for me when I first joined. In reality, it is exceedingly hard to move between groups, and unlikely unless there are no public sector projects with open staffing needs.

Because people are overburdened with projects and NBD, we tend to sell work that is not very well thought out. Often we are faced with situations where we are far under-resourced to accomplish the task at hand. Performance in these cases are reflected on the people staffed to do the job, with no accountability place on the people who sold the work. I've heard in some cases people writing proposals who are crossing their fingers not to be staffed on the project. This is a huge shortcoming.

I do like the fact that we are small and can be entrepreneurial. Consultants are able to pursue many different opportunities of interest. However, we sell ourselves to potential clients as in experts in everything. The people who actually have to execute the projects may not have the skill sets required to succeed, or may have to be very creative in the project approach as there is no available IP to leverage. While 100% of my projects have been completed successfully, these issues have raised stress levels significantly.

Midlevel in Operations
Boston, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Often unnecessary travel due to entrenched "face-time" culture. Shifting corporate direction with little visibility into overall firm strategy. Relatively inflexible career progression.

Midlevel in Public Sector
Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I've met a few outstanding people.

Sadly, they're all in a similar situation and we're trying to get out.

Comments

Had I have known what I know now (and had I have wanted to become a government contractor), I would have gone to Booz Allen Hamilton. At BAH, I would have been paid more, worked less and had more meaningful projects. Sure, I would have had a slower trajectory, but it would have been more meaningful along the way. PRTM makes an excellent pitch since it's late 2000s rebranding effort, the problem is that it simply isn't accurate. Essentially, we collect the work that's passed over by more prestigious consulting firms. Where McKinsey or BCG will easily have $100 million of business somewhere like Amazon, we'd be lucky to get $100K, let along $1 million. Part of the problem is that our "operational strategy" work simply doesn't deliver a similar return on investment.

Experienced in Operations
New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Nice people. Interesting work.

Leadership. Promotion prospects.

Comments

Unclear career options and growth opportunities

Executive in Telecommunications & High Tech
Chicago, IL | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, opportunities, types of work we do. PRTM has the best mix of being big enough to afford a lot of opporunities - practices, geographies, clients - but still be small enough to be entrepreneurial, for one person to make a difference

Travel that accompanies consulting

Comments

Lot's of opportunities; ability to influence firm direction; great people

Experienced in Public Sector
Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Our firm hires extraordinary and extraordinarily smart people. They make working for PRTM a pleasure.

Work life balance is required for advancement, but, being a poorly defined concept, is often difficult to achieve. Luckily, the Directors understand that as long as you and your family are happy, work and life are balanced enough.

Comments

Truly enjoy my work and feel that my decision to go to PRTM was correct. The public sector is a relatively small portion of my firm's client portfolio and being able to bring commercial consulting expertise is making a tremendous difference in our clients' businesses.

Experienced in Energy & Utilities
Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people at PRTM are the best aspect of the firm. The consultants and the support staff all work collaboratively to success. Since there is no up-or-out policy, the competition is healthy and drives each consultant to improve their knowledge base, skill sets, and experience. I continue to meet fun, interesting, and incredibly smart people on each project, and I have developed many strong friendships with consultants from around the world. It certainly makes working those extended hours much more fun when you enjoy the company of the people with whom you work.

Maintaining a good work-life balance is a challenge, but I strongly believe a clear understanding of my personal and professional priorities is an important requirement.

Comments

Overall, PRTM provides an environment of intellectually stimulating project work among intelligent, ambitious, and experienced consultants.