Work at PRTM (a PwC Company)? Submit a Review

Midlevel in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are outstanding and a pleasure to work with.

The travel gets tiring.

Boston, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people - very bright, team players, not a lot of ego.

Trying to manage work-life balance

Comments

Challenging work, room to grow, learn and advance

Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Get the opportunity to work with smart people on problems that are generally interesting. However, there are drawbacks to working in client service industries.

Midlevel in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I've met a few outstanding people.

Sadly, they're all in a similar situation and we're trying to get out.

Comments

Had I have known what I know now (and had I have wanted to become a government contractor), I would have gone to Booz Allen Hamilton. At BAH, I would have been paid more, worked less and had more meaningful projects. Sure, I would have had a slower trajectory, but it would have been more meaningful along the way. PRTM makes an excellent pitch since it's late 2000s rebranding effort, the problem is that it simply isn't accurate. Essentially, we collect the work that's passed over by more prestigious consulting firms. Where McKinsey or BCG will easily have $100 million of business somewhere like Amazon, we'd be lucky to get $100K, let along $1 million. Part of the problem is that our "operational strategy" work simply doesn't deliver a similar return on investment.

Midlevel in Operations

Boston, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Often unnecessary travel due to entrenched "face-time" culture. Shifting corporate direction with little visibility into overall firm strategy. Relatively inflexible career progression.

Midlevel in Operations

Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, compensation, community involvement, projects that are interesting

work-life balance, understaffed projects, training

Comments

The firm preaches the ability to move between the commercial and public sector side, which was one of the biggest draws for me when I first joined. In reality, it is exceedingly hard to move between groups, and unlikely unless there are no public sector projects with open staffing needs.

Because people are overburdened with projects and NBD, we tend to sell work that is not very well thought out. Often we are faced with situations where we are far under-resourced to accomplish the task at hand. Performance in these cases are reflected on the people staffed to do the job, with no accountability place on the people who sold the work. I've heard in some cases people writing proposals who are crossing their fingers not to be staffed on the project. This is a huge shortcoming.

I do like the fact that we are small and can be entrepreneurial. Consultants are able to pursue many different opportunities of interest. However, we sell ourselves to potential clients as in experts in everything. The people who actually have to execute the projects may not have the skill sets required to succeed, or may have to be very creative in the project approach as there is no available IP to leverage. While 100% of my projects have been completed successfully, these issues have raised stress levels significantly.

New York, NY | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Nice people. Interesting work.

Leadership. Promotion prospects.

Comments

Unclear career options and growth opportunities

Executive in Telecommunications & High Tech

Chicago, IL | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, opportunities, types of work we do. PRTM has the best mix of being big enough to afford a lot of opporunities - practices, geographies, clients - but still be small enough to be entrepreneurial, for one person to make a difference

Travel that accompanies consulting

Comments

Lot's of opportunities; ability to influence firm direction; great people

Experienced in Telecommunications & High Tech

Mountain View, CA | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture; the opportunity to work with and make a difference for clients that are leaders in their respective industries; Diversity of project work

Mid-level in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Washington, DC | 2010 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

fabulous people. work / life balance. directors committed to helping you succeed.

little choice in project assignments. somewhat lower compensation.

Comments

Very happy at PRTM. I chose to return after business school despite many other competitive offers. The people are outstanding mentors, colleagues and friends, and i find the work life balance to be quite manageable.