Work at Oliver Wyman? Submit a Review

Amazing culture!

May 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great culture and people: my colleagues are some of my best friends, work events are fun and do not feel like work events. Flat hierarchy, even new joiners are encouraged to speak up and give their opinion. Extremely competitive compensation (almost investment banking level for junior positions). Very fast promotions.

Brand not as strong as competitors, unheard of by people unfamiliar with the consulting industry

Comments

Amazing opportunities for those interested in Financial Services consulting, however, other industry sectors are almost non-existent in some office locations

Boundless opportunities to grow both personally and professionally alongside great people

Midlevel in Financial Services | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

The long hours

Comments

Oliver Wyman is an international management consulting firm that focuses on strategy consulting, with a strong emphasis on financial services. The culture is incredibly people-focused, with informal mentorship and relationship building being two very important components of the Oliver Wyman experience. The firm has a "young culture" as people are promoted quickly and given a lot of responsibility early on. Consulting can be demanding with unpredictable and long hours, but work-life balance is becoming an increasingly important priority within the firm. It's easy to get involved at the firm and contribute to the culture. The workplace feels safe and diverse. Projects are challenging, but rewarding. Many people pick Oliver Wyman over the other "top consulting firms" which I think speaks volumes to the culture and type of work we do. I, for example, chose Oliver Wyman over competing offers from Accenture and the Big 4 consulting firms. Several of my colleagues chose it over MBB. The general climate is that people are quite happy working at Oliver Wyman - I know I sure am.

Amazing people, great culture and many opportunities to grow and travel

Experienced in Financial Services | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people

Very challenging some times

Learning lots, having fun.

Entry-level in Aerospace/Aviation/Defense | Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the culture, and the clients.

Too focused on financial services.

Comments

Oliver Wyman is truly the best place to be as a consultant coming out of an undergraduate degree program.

Work hard to reach for the stars and don't be surprised where you might end up.

Entry-level in Management | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging work everyday, awesome colleagues, and good compensation and benefits.

Long hours can sometimes be taxing, but that comes with the consulting territory.

Comments

Fast growing firm that entrusts large amount of responsibility to you at an early stage. Professional development is top-notch and the firm will support your career whether it means staying at the firm, going to graduate or business school, or switching industries.

Surrounded by intelligent, ambitious, and interesting colleagues

Entry-level in Strategy | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

firm culture, growth opportunities, fast promotions

Where dreams really do come true

Entry-level in Financial Services | Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

Expenses

Challenging, interesting work with smart, generous people.

Entry-level in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The fact that you can find such amazing, kind people at such a prestigious firm.

I believe the firm is undervalued for its quality.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportunity for rapid advancement, laid-back open culture

Lower brand recognition in some industries, developing pipeline

Comments

Choose this place if you love financial services and / or want to help build a firm

Partner in Financial Services

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Importance and quality of the work we do, and firm culture

Honestly not much wrong with current state, but we've grown rapidly over the past several years which puts some strain on the system