Work at Milliman, Inc? Submit a Review

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Milwaukee, WI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Dedication to work/life balance culture, getting to work with nice and really smart people every day, very generous compensation structure that rewards extra effort

Partner

Milwaukee, WI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the interesting work

The busy season is a grind but the non-busy season makes up for it.

Comments

We are independently held, no shareholders to make happy or to pay dividends, all revenue stays within the firm. Milliman consultants are adaptable, diverse, very bright, and learn to understand why our culture is so important to how we got to this point and how it will serve the younger folks very well as they become the future leaders. It is no question the gold standard business model in actuarial consulting. I would also put our total comp package ahead of any other firm. I feel like I have had no "boss" for 15 years but have only been a partner for under three.

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Milwaukee, WI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Amazing colleagues; flexibility in career direction; merit-based rewards

Seasonal long hours

Experienced in Financial Services

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work/life balance

Experienced in Financial Services

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility and benefits

honestly, don't have any.

Comments

Milliman provides an entrepreneurial culture that allows you to grow and expand your career with boundaries to ensure firm success. Resources are available to you, you are rewarded well financially for your firm contribuitons and it is a FUN place to work.

Executive

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The employees' level of intelligence and friendly atmosphere, the opportunity for creative and innovative expansion

Nothing

Executive

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People - talented consultants

Executive in Financial Services

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Entrepreneural spirit, independent, privately held, fair compensation, debt free

the lack of leverage can be a challenge sometimes, everyting has to be funded with free cashflow.

Comments

Milliman is not the place if you want rigid structure with legacy processes. It's a great place if you want to be recognized and rewarded for working hard and being creative. I've seen young people rise rapidly and I've seen others advance to a comfortable spot and stay there. I've seen people change departments, jobs, offices, whatever. There are no outside shareholders so the people that own the company are in the office down the hall. We don't have to meet margins to keep "the market" happy, we do it for ourselves and our investment in people and future businesses.

Midlevel

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Family-friendly, respectful, intelligent professionals

Comments

Milliman is a top-notch, competitive leader in the actuarial field. They are commited to supporting candidates in their actuarial career.

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

nearly everything. Milliman does it right!

clients come first, it can cause scheduling issues

Comments

Already have above, great culture, great benefits, great pay, several locations, ideal business model