Milliman, Inc

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 39 Employee Reviews)

Work at Milliman, Inc? Log in to Submit a Review

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility with hours and choosing clients

Lack of access to IT to implement ideas.

Comments

Milliman is a great place for someone that is ambitious, that likes to choose their opportunities and steer the direction of their career. It can be a tough place for those that are less creative and good at working outside of the box because there is not a lot of infrastructure. It is very presitigious and the name can help you build your business. It is a great place for those with an entreprenurial spirit. Milliman also takes technical accuracy and quality very seriously.

Partner in Financial Services
Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You can make your own career.

You are seen if you mess up -can't hide behind the masses.

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexible career path

huge drain on personal time

Executive in Human Resources
2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Significant freedom to explore ideas and text how to go to market. Entrepreneurial.

Too entrepreenurial. Teammates become internal competitors, no common go to market strategy, no channel and pricing strategy, one off opportunists can disrupt efforts of those committed to customers in a discipline and individual rather than corporate ownership of broadly useful tools.

Comments

Self-starter. Willing to work long hours. Entrepeneurial. Must be able to work very well in teams. Must regulate yourself in terms of work-life balance as people always willing to provide opportunities to have more billable hours.

Executive in Financial Services
Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

coworkers; work challenge and variety; rewards

occasional long hours

Comments

If you are an excellent and ambitious health actuary, and you don't want to fight the politics of becoming a chief actuary or CFO at a publicly traded company, there is no better place to be in the world than the CHI-MKE office of Milliman. (Seriously, I tell this to anyone who asks.)

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Growth opportunities at your own pace. Sink or swim.

Sink or swim.

Comments

This is an excellent place to work for someone that has creativity, energy and the courage to try new things.

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation, integrity and flexibility

Corporate culture

Entry-level in Business Operations
Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging and interesting work, rewarding, great coworkers and sense of community

Long hours for most of the year

Comments

Be prepared to truly work hard and play hard. You will start out at this firm with lots of work and you'll be given more responsibility as soon as you earn it. It is the most challenging work I have ever done, but most days I am excited to get to work - to interact with my coworkers and think of new solutions to the world's health care problems.

Midlevel
Other | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

There are always a variety of different projects to work on which challenge you. It is a very friendly environment and everyone helps one another out.

It can get hectic during busy seasons which sometimes require long hours, but that's the nature of the business.

Comments

The firm has a great compensation package but even more, it is a great place to work. It's a pleasant environment & there's always something new to learn. There are a varietly of different paths of employment to take and you get the opportunity to work with many people with different areas of expertise. There are many resources to tap if you take advantage of them.

Executive in Financial Services
Atlanta, GA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Milliman allows consultants to be as successful as their drive and capabilities will take them. The firm actively supports and reward innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.

Sometimes management is TOO decentralized. There are occasions when a strong central leadersip voice would be helpful to the overall organization, but that is not typically part of the firm's culture.

Comments

Milliman is ideal for a self-starter, for an academically and mathematically smart person with a business sense and a drive to ultimately run their own consulting operation. It is not ideal for someone who does not fit that description.