Work at Milliman, Inc? Submit a Review

Executive in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

The company has a very high cultural level of care about individual's carrier and direction.

Executive

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

It promotes independent thinking.

Atlanta, GA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Milliman allows consultants to be as successful as their drive and capabilities will take them. The firm actively supports and reward innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.

Sometimes management is TOO decentralized. There are occasions when a strong central leadersip voice would be helpful to the overall organization, but that is not typically part of the firm's culture.

Comments

Milliman is ideal for a self-starter, for an academically and mathematically smart person with a business sense and a drive to ultimately run their own consulting operation. It is not ideal for someone who does not fit that description.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

entrepreneurial aspect, advancement opportunities

client pressure

Comments

ability to work early in your career with senior partners, excellent opportunity to advance, unique opportunity to become owner and build equity

Executive

Minneapolis, MN | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture is great. The people are extremely bright and collaborative. In most cases, there is a common vision and belief in client service.

At times, our resources run thin due to the nature of the firm.

Comments

If you are an individual who likes challenges, thought provoking client engagements and a work environment with accountability and self-management, Milliman is your firm.

Experienced in Financial Services

Minneapolis, MN | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Milliman will take as much as you will give. You will be rewarded for going above. You will be surrounded by type A people who work hard.

Experienced in Financial Services

Milwaukee, WI | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flexibility

none

Comments

great place to work, flexible, competitive great people

Other in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Compensation

Lack of appreciation

Comments

Prepare to jump right in

Milwaukee, WI | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Our firms corporate structure and management structure is unique. A candidate should make sure their personality fits with the structure.

Experienced in Management

Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Autonomy -- I can design my schedule and work process however I want as long as I keep my eye on quality, timeliness, and budget.

Prestige -- In our market, Milliman is at the top of the market. We hire the best, do the best work, provide the most value.

Compensation -- we compensate risk takers and successful consultants.

Our firm is well known as an actuarial consulting firm. Doing non-actuarial work, we have to work hard to educate our actuarial coleagues and clients on how our firm is not just actuaries.

Our model promotes competition among practices. That drives us to innovate locally, but it also can create some animosity among groups. We have to constantly balance self-interest vs. enterprise interests.

Comments

Milliman consultants must be able to operate effectively in an environment where they are personally responsible for their success. The firm provides a framework, infrastructure, a strong brand and well-established reputation, access to a network of complementary experts, etc. It's up to the individual consultants to create value in the marketplace.