Work at Milliman, Inc? Submit a Review

Experienced in Human Resources

Other | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

There is a nice mix of teamwork and individual freedom.

The nature of the business (consulting) includes meeting deadlines.

Comments

You have the ability to rise to as high a level as you desire, even ownership, provided you have the talent, the desire, and the effort. Milliman is owned by its own people, not beholden to shareholders or corporate objectives. The atmosphere is relaxed, yet professional. We care deeply about our clients and the work we do. You will be challenged every day.

Executive

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

It promotes independent thinking.

Executive in Financial Services

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

entrepreneurial aspect, advancement opportunities

client pressure

Comments

ability to work early in your career with senior partners, excellent opportunity to advance, unique opportunity to become owner and build equity

Executive in Financial Services

Milwaukee, WI | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Abilty to direct your career

none

Comments

Competitive salary, intergenerational equity, self directed career

Experienced

Minneapolis, MN | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people who are working together to achieve success

Great working environment

Opportunity to grow with education and work projects

Comments

Plan to work hard,

Listen and learn from others,

Be a team player

The best solutions come from the collaborative efforts of many.

Other in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care

Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation

Lack of appreciation

Comments

Prepare to jump right in

Milwaukee, WI | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Each office is indepently owned by the partners in that location, which means as a motivated & driven consultant, you can make your career whatever you'd like. Ultimately, you can potentially become your own small-business owner.

Because you can determine your own career path and develop your own consulting practice, it's not always clear what the next step should be. You have to figure it out or ask others, and then you have to get it done.

Minneapolis, MN | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Milliman will take as much as you will give. You will be rewarded for going above. You will be surrounded by type A people who work hard.

Experienced in Management

Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Autonomy -- I can design my schedule and work process however I want as long as I keep my eye on quality, timeliness, and budget.

Prestige -- In our market, Milliman is at the top of the market. We hire the best, do the best work, provide the most value.

Compensation -- we compensate risk takers and successful consultants.

Our firm is well known as an actuarial consulting firm. Doing non-actuarial work, we have to work hard to educate our actuarial coleagues and clients on how our firm is not just actuaries.

Our model promotes competition among practices. That drives us to innovate locally, but it also can create some animosity among groups. We have to constantly balance self-interest vs. enterprise interests.

Comments

Milliman consultants must be able to operate effectively in an environment where they are personally responsible for their success. The firm provides a framework, infrastructure, a strong brand and well-established reputation, access to a network of complementary experts, etc. It's up to the individual consultants to create value in the marketplace.

flexibility

none

Comments

great place to work, flexible, competitive great people

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)