Milliman, Inc

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 72 Employee Reviews)

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Autonomy -- I can design my schedule and work process however I want as long as I keep my eye on quality, timeliness, and budget.

Prestige -- In our market, Milliman is at the top of the market. We hire the best, do the best work, provide the most value.

Compensation -- we compensate risk takers and successful consultants.

Our firm is well known as an actuarial consulting firm. Doing non-actuarial work, we have to work hard to educate our actuarial coleagues and clients on how our firm is not just actuaries.

Our model promotes competition among practices. That drives us to innovate locally, but it also can create some animosity among groups. We have to constantly balance self-interest vs. enterprise interests.

Comments

Milliman consultants must be able to operate effectively in an environment where they are personally responsible for their success. The firm provides a framework, infrastructure, a strong brand and well-established reputation, access to a network of complementary experts, etc. It's up to the individual consultants to create value in the marketplace.

flexibility

none

Comments

great place to work, flexible, competitive great people

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Milliman's independent ownership structure allows you broader creativity and better future career choices than our competitors.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Our firms corporate structure and management structure is unique. A candidate should make sure their personality fits with the structure.

Being challenged everyday

Comments

The firm is a place where you are constantly challenged, each day different from the next. It's also a place where your career is something that you are in control of.

culture and people

Comments

Great company to work for-culture, work hour flexibility and people are huge pluses

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

One of the best aspects of Milliman is the ability to work remotely from home, or other locations when necessary. Many departments are actively and aggressively hiring and rewarding individuals to be able to work from another Milliman office, or from home. It is also a good option for individuals that need to have a little flexibility without taking vacation days.

Regional operational difference is one of the larger challenges in standardize administrative procedures.

Comments

I feel Milliman is an extended family. I truly enjoy coming to work each day and sometimes it is difficult to leave. I am challenged both intellectually and personally while continuously having the opportunity for growth.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

The firm's culture and ownership/organizational structure provide unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals to thrive professionally and financially.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

T

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility and opportunity for growth

Comments

We are a well respected consulting firm. There is ample opportunity for growth within the firm, and we are open to employees developing their skills in areas of expertise that interest them amd are in alignment with the firm's services.