Work at Milliman, Inc? Submit a Review

Experienced

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the comfort in knowing that we have great leadership.

Nothing really, but if forced to give an answer, I guess I would say long hours during certain times of the year.

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility, challenge and client relationships

uncertainty of next projects

Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The freedom and flexibility to define my own success

Timesheets and expense reports

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

coworkers; work challenge and variety; rewards

occasional long hours

Comments

If you are an excellent and ambitious health actuary, and you don't want to fight the politics of becoming a chief actuary or CFO at a publicly traded company, there is no better place to be in the world than the CHI-MKE office of Milliman. (Seriously, I tell this to anyone who asks.)

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Entrepreneural spirit, independent, privately held, fair compensation, debt free

the lack of leverage can be a challenge sometimes, everyting has to be funded with free cashflow.

Comments

Milliman is not the place if you want rigid structure with legacy processes. It's a great place if you want to be recognized and rewarded for working hard and being creative. I've seen young people rise rapidly and I've seen others advance to a comfortable spot and stay there. I've seen people change departments, jobs, offices, whatever. There are no outside shareholders so the people that own the company are in the office down the hall. We don't have to meet margins to keep "the market" happy, we do it for ourselves and our investment in people and future businesses.

Midlevel

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Family-friendly, respectful, intelligent professionals

Comments

Milliman is a top-notch, competitive leader in the actuarial field. They are commited to supporting candidates in their actuarial career.

Executive

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People - talented consultants

Experienced

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Growth opportunities at your own pace. Sink or swim.

Sink or swim.

Comments

This is an excellent place to work for someone that has creativity, energy and the courage to try new things.

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

nearly everything. Milliman does it right!

clients come first, it can cause scheduling issues

Comments

Already have above, great culture, great benefits, great pay, several locations, ideal business model

Entry-level in Business Operations

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging and interesting work, rewarding, great coworkers and sense of community

Long hours for most of the year

Comments

Be prepared to truly work hard and play hard. You will start out at this firm with lots of work and you'll be given more responsibility as soon as you earn it. It is the most challenging work I have ever done, but most days I am excited to get to work - to interact with my coworkers and think of new solutions to the world's health care problems.