Milliman, Inc

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 72 Employee Reviews)

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the comfort in knowing that we have great leadership.

Nothing really, but if forced to give an answer, I guess I would say long hours during certain times of the year.

Compensation, integrity and flexibility

Corporate culture

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging and interesting work, rewarding, great coworkers and sense of community

Long hours for most of the year

Comments

Be prepared to truly work hard and play hard. You will start out at this firm with lots of work and you'll be given more responsibility as soon as you earn it. It is the most challenging work I have ever done, but most days I am excited to get to work - to interact with my coworkers and think of new solutions to the world's health care problems.

People, variety of work

Work/Life balance

Comments

Great for self-starters with entrepreneurial spirit

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, structure, variety of work

Life balance, lack of mentoring

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

There are always a variety of different projects to work on which challenge you. It is a very friendly environment and everyone helps one another out.

It can get hectic during busy seasons which sometimes require long hours, but that's the nature of the business.

Comments

The firm has a great compensation package but even more, it is a great place to work. It's a pleasant environment & there's always something new to learn. There are a varietly of different paths of employment to take and you get the opportunity to work with many people with different areas of expertise. There are many resources to tap if you take advantage of them.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture is great. The people are extremely bright and collaborative. In most cases, there is a common vision and belief in client service.

At times, our resources run thin due to the nature of the firm.

Comments

If you are an individual who likes challenges, thought provoking client engagements and a work environment with accountability and self-management, Milliman is your firm.

Great resources and opporunities

Could use more collabration between offices

Comments

If you want to succeed and are willing to work hard at it, you won't be disappointed!

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation tied to hard work and skills.

Nothing

Comments

Must be smart and willing to work.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Milliman allows consultants to be as successful as their drive and capabilities will take them. The firm actively supports and reward innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.

Sometimes management is TOO decentralized. There are occasions when a strong central leadersip voice would be helpful to the overall organization, but that is not typically part of the firm's culture.

Comments

Milliman is ideal for a self-starter, for an academically and mathematically smart person with a business sense and a drive to ultimately run their own consulting operation. It is not ideal for someone who does not fit that description.