Work at L.E.K. Consulting? Submit a Review

L.E.K., one of the most challenging and rewarding places to launch your career in business

Midlevel in Retail & Consumer Goods | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Broad industry exposure, fast pace of learning, international opportunities & great culture

As with most top-tier consulting firms, hours can be long

Comments

I strongly believe that the associate position at L.E.K. is one of the best introductions to the business world that you can get out of college. I can think of no better place where you can build such a solid foundation of core business skills within a 2-4 year period. After nearly three years at the firm, I still find myself challenged on a daily basis and have been amazed by how much I’ve learned in such a short period of time. I also cannot speak highly enough of the international opportunities available to associates and as a result there is a strong sense of community among L.E.K.ers around the globe. Whether I’m in London, Sydney, Singapore or nearly any other major city in the world, there’s almost always at least one L.E.K.er I know and I find that international network invaluable.

Broad experience, rapid learning curve

Midlevel in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Office culture and short projects

Work hours can be long

Comments

A key consideration with L.E.K. is the low travel model. While many young consultants find travel appealing, it is a major cause of burn-out. At L.E.K. the lack of travel helps create a sustainable career path and strong office culture.

Good work with good people

Entry-level in Strategy | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Still growing, still interesting

Sometimes sclerotic

Challenging and worth every minute

Midlevel in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My colleagues are crazy smart, I have the opportunity to learn a lot, I get immediate & significant management opportunities

tough, short cases (hours / expectations), lack of diversity (mostly at Manager / MD level)

Comments

As an Associate I was extremely well-prepared for business school. Now I am back with the firm & hoping to learn as much about managing teams and client relationships as I did about Excel, PowerPoint and analytical thinking. L.E.K. is challenging (tough work / life) but the work is interesting & problem-solving with a team of incredible people is the fun part.
L.E.K. is different from its competitors in that cases are shorter, more PE & high level strategy development. Also, as Consultants, you get immediate management responsibility.

Great people, very interesting work, and excellent compensation.

Experienced in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Quality of work and compensation

Work / life balance

Entry-level in Strategy

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture/people, challenging business problems, career development opportunities

Inflexible hours, work/life balance, lack of interaction with clients

Diverse range of work

Entry-level in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Broad experience and quick turn assignments

Limited control over allocations

Always learning, always challenging

Partner | Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenge and constant learning

People work very hard

Fantastic place to advance your career, learn about business, and make friends.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the projects, the firm outlook.

The unpredictable hours.

Comments

Our firm is focused on hard, quantitative answers to the questions that keep our clients up at night. If you are interested in startegy consulting, want to work with great people, and seek quantitative confidence in your recommendations, L.E.K. is a great place to be.

Exposure across industries, early opportunities to contribute

Entry-level in Strategy | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture, challenging work

Sometimes long hours

Comments

Get to know what kind of work we've done in the past, and practice your case interviews!