Work at L.E.K. Consulting? Submit a Review

Great work-life balance; uniquely interesting, short-duration, high-level strategy projects

Entry-level in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm culture, commitment to work-life balance, learning opportunities, and interesting projects

Like any firm in the industry, at times it can be fairly long hours

Comments

L.E.K. is smaller and a bit newer than the Big 3 firms; however, our clients are just as well known, are projects are as high or higher level strategy, and are firm culture is second to none in the industry.

Fast paced, dynamic company with highly accomplished and collaborative employees

Executive in Aerospace/Aviation/Defense | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Fast career track, highly accomplished and collaborative employees, more strategy work than implementation, high level of exposure to senior executives

workload can vary and hours can be unpredictable

Entry-level in Strategy

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Exciting fast-paced cases

L.E.K., one of the most challenging and rewarding places to launch your career in business

Midlevel in Retail & Consumer Goods | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Broad industry exposure, fast pace of learning, international opportunities & great culture

As with most top-tier consulting firms, hours can be long

Comments

I strongly believe that the associate position at L.E.K. is one of the best introductions to the business world that you can get out of college. I can think of no better place where you can build such a solid foundation of core business skills within a 2-4 year period. After nearly three years at the firm, I still find myself challenged on a daily basis and have been amazed by how much I’ve learned in such a short period of time. I also cannot speak highly enough of the international opportunities available to associates and as a result there is a strong sense of community among L.E.K.ers around the globe. Whether I’m in London, Sydney, Singapore or nearly any other major city in the world, there’s almost always at least one L.E.K.er I know and I find that international network invaluable.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The speed at which you are given responsibility on your case teams, to manage associates and also manage the entire team. I also like that I do not have to travel very much in genearl.

The hours can be tough sometimes, though they are likely better than other firms.

Comments

L.E.K. is a great place to get experience in consulting, espeically in certain areas where we are especially strong - namely, life sciences, healthcare, and airlines. There are some great people here, so you can make great friends and have a pretty good social life. It is nice to work somewhere where you generally like everyone around you and everyone you are working with.

Executive in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The excellent work we provide clients

Notning

Comments

Do your research. LEK is meaningfully differentiated from the other strategy firms

Fast-paced learning and a fun-loving atmosphere

Midlevel in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, Fast-paced learning, Industry leading projects

Hours, no 401k matching

A sustainable career path if you want to stay or a great jump start to a career in something else

Entry-level in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the breadth of work

Sometimes cases are understaffed

L.E.K. is becoming a better place to work every year

Executive in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Plenty of responsibility in a collaborative team environment.

Comments

L.E.K. has a reputation of being a tough place to work. The firm has spent considerable effort addressing these historical concerns and has made real improvements. Consulting can be a challenging industry, but in net, it is not any harder at LEK than other firms

Broad experience, rapid learning curve

Midlevel in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Office culture and short projects

Work hours can be long

Comments

A key consideration with L.E.K. is the low travel model. While many young consultants find travel appealing, it is a major cause of burn-out. At L.E.K. the lack of travel helps create a sustainable career path and strong office culture.