Work at L.E.K. Consulting? Submit a Review

Opportunity

Scoping of projects

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the quality of the mentorship, the responsibility and analytical experience you get really early on

The hours, the fact that people act like the hours are normal when they definitely are not, the fact that some partners don't tend to stand by their teams and will pander to clients

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the learning

The hours, the work

Comments

Be ready to cold call

2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You are consistently pushed to learn and do more if you are a top performer. Work is relatively interesting

Terrible culture, in terms of tolerating nasty / difficult employees and management not caring about employee burnout. Management / administration view us as resources as opposed to people. Limited control over allocations. Bad work life balance.

Comments

If you want to learn a lot and develop extraordinary analytical skills AND don't mind bad hours / difficult people, this could work for you. If not, look elsewhere

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the opportunity to take on responsibility quickly

Skew towards private equity can get repetitive

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Strong camaraderie, collaborative atmosphere, brilliant coworkers

Sporadic hours, limited name recognition

Experienced

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Responsibility, ability to drive my own destiny, rapid case turn around - lots of reps

Relatively conservative approach to running themselves as a business

Comments

Great training - lots of reps, lots of opportunities - will elarn skills to last a lifetime

Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people at L.E.K. are the absolute greatest, I hang out with a lot of my colleagues after work and on weekends

L.E.K. could have a little more client contact for the associate level

Comments

High-level, fast-paced strategy--rapid fire cases for a ton of different industries. Definitely why I signed up and in my first cases I saw everything from aviation to tech to retail, it's a hell of a ride!

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Rapid development, great people, and sleeping in your own bed at night

Unpredictable hours

Comments

LEK is a great place to start your career. The experience I have had thus far compared to my friends at other top firms (including MBB) is unrivaled and I feel that I will be prepared for whatever opportunity I may pursue after my time here. While it may not have the name recognition of MBB, it is known and highly respected by all the entities you would want to be known be (PE shops, corporate strategy groups, business schools). If you are interested in the pure strategy side side of management consulting, there is no better place to be than LEK.

hands down: the people.

The work can be menial at times, but I think that is to be expected at entry level.

Comments

Reach out to current employees - there is no better way to get to know an L.E.K..