Work at L.E.K. Consulting? Submit a Review

Exceptional

Partner | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, low degree of politics, focused on delivering high quality for the client

Fast-paced, analytically rigorous, and highly paid

Experienced in Strategy | San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Project quality and diversity

It's consulting...the hours of course!

Challenging and worth every minute

Midlevel in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My colleagues are crazy smart, I have the opportunity to learn a lot, I get immediate & significant management opportunities

tough, short cases (hours / expectations), lack of diversity (mostly at Manager / MD level)

Comments

As an Associate I was extremely well-prepared for business school. Now I am back with the firm & hoping to learn as much about managing teams and client relationships as I did about Excel, PowerPoint and analytical thinking. L.E.K. is challenging (tough work / life) but the work is interesting & problem-solving with a team of incredible people is the fun part.
L.E.K. is different from its competitors in that cases are shorter, more PE & high level strategy development. Also, as Consultants, you get immediate management responsibility.

Great people, very interesting work, and excellent compensation.

Experienced in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Quality of work and compensation

Work / life balance

Entry-level in Strategy

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture/people, challenging business problems, career development opportunities

Inflexible hours, work/life balance, lack of interaction with clients

Diverse range of work

Entry-level in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Broad experience and quick turn assignments

Limited control over allocations

Always learning, always challenging

Partner | Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenge and constant learning

People work very hard

Fantastic place to advance your career, learn about business, and make friends.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the projects, the firm outlook.

The unpredictable hours.

Comments

Our firm is focused on hard, quantitative answers to the questions that keep our clients up at night. If you are interested in startegy consulting, want to work with great people, and seek quantitative confidence in your recommendations, L.E.K. is a great place to be.

Exposure across industries, early opportunities to contribute

Entry-level in Strategy | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture, challenging work

Sometimes long hours

Comments

Get to know what kind of work we've done in the past, and practice your case interviews!

An incredibly valuable, yet challenging experience that I would recommend to anyone for 2-3 years

Entry-level in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My favorite part of working at L.E.K. is the people. We get to do the same strategy work and interesting due dilligences as at other firms, except everyone is the office every day. So we get very close with our class and build friendships that extend beyond work

We do work a lot, and that can be challenging - especially as a transition from right out of school - but I have to say it is rewarding as well, so take that for what its worth

Comments

If a candidate is interested in L.E.K., I would recommend that they find someone within the firm to reach out to. Anyone here would be willing to share their experience, and that is really the best way to evaluate a firm. Get the honest truth straight from the horse's mouth, as they say. The people here are great and are happy to help anyone who is interested in applying or signing, just ask.