Work at L.E.K. Consulting? Submit a Review

Work Hard Play Hard

Midlevel in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People (smaller offices enable closeness among all levels & consistent access to upper management), Case Variety, Limited travel

Usually sold out so minimal beach / refresh time for staff

Comments

-Average hours are probably 60/week depending on whether you are on an easy case (50-60), a hard case (60+), or internal work (if you are working more than 50 something is wrong)
-Limited travel means that travel cases are a fun, exciting treat rather than a "ugh I have to go to the airport again" every Monday morning
-Swap is a great program that most associates take advantage of; allows you to switch places with a person in a different office for 6 months (I am currently swapping to London)
-Small offices (especially in combination with limited travel) mean that the firm feels less hierarchical than many; I am good friends with Partners / Managers and Consultants / Associates alike because most people are in the office every day
-LEK is one of the only remaining independent mid-size strategy firms. Keep that in mind if you don't want to be a cog in the wheel

Great strategy consulting opportunity at a firm that has a lot of strengths and great people.

Midlevel in Strategy | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the challenging work, strong leadership team that has set up the firm well

Hours can be long and unpredictable.

Incredible learning opportunity and fun environment

Entry-level in Strategy | Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people, and the fact that they are one of the only firms who still do pure strategy

As with every consulting firm, there are long hours- however, most cases never go above 60-65 hours / week

Comments

This place is amazing, small enough to have a startup-y feel but big enough to have all the benefits of a large firm. If you want to do pure strategy work, or if you're interested in working in PE / VC / biopharma down the line then this is the place for you

Entry-level in Retail & Consumer Goods

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Business is booming and we are growing rapidly. Exciting to be a part of that

As much as we try to keep the lifestyle sustainable, we are growing so fast that long hours are pretty much a given

Intellectually challenging role that provides staff with a lot responsibility, ability to impact their client's strategy and heavy exposure to M&A.

Intellectually challenging role

Work life balance

Early responsibility managing a team at L.E.K. leads to interesting and challenging opportunities on strategy and diligence casework.

Midlevel | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Low travel, high responsibility, shorter projects, great pay and exit opps

Hours are long, shorter projects can sometimes be too short

Comments

The projects we do are mostly strategy and diligences (vs long term ops or implementation projects). We rarely travel Monday - Thursday to the client site meaning you have a much better lifestyle than other firms. Also, you get a lot more responsibility a lot more quickly at L.E.K.

Exceptional colleagues, unparalleled culture, data driven

Midlevel in Retail & Consumer Goods | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Colleagues, culture, responsibility

Long hours (but industry-standard)

Learning more in one day than I would learn in months in another job

Midlevel in Strategy | Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

No travel and focus on strategy

Hours can be long

Comments

Decide what type of projects you want to work on then find employers that focus in that type of work.

Midlevel in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very little travel, strong local office atmosphere

Unpredictable hours based on client interaction, internal resources not the most efficient

Low travel, lots of private equity work, humble personalities

Midlevel in Strategy | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Low travel, great colleagues, challenging work

Need bigger clients, need to charge more for our work