Health Advances, LLC

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 94 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Other | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Colleagues, Culture, opportunity for early responsibility (e.g. making an extensive presentation directly to a client's management team within 1-2 years)

Comments

If you're passionate about the healthcare industry, come here. If not, don't.

Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

For advanced degree holders in the life sciences, Health Advances offers an opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive (if fast-paced) environment. Your professional development will be tailored to your abilities and aptitude for consulting, and progression is not limited by having a PhD (several senior-level consulting staff hold PhDs).

San Francisco, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interesting and bright people.

Comments

Prior to the interview candidates should have clear answers to the questions:

Why consulting?

Why healthcare?

Why Health Advances?

They also need to have a minimum amount of understanding of the healthcare space to demonstrate interest beyond the resume. Candidates should know what a medical device versus biotech company does. Know what the difference between a biologic and small molecule is. Know who the FDA is, what they do, and how they impact the business of healthcare.

Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Be prepared for a fast-paced environment. If you like that, you will thrive. If you have other commitments such as to family or a recreational group, they will likely suffer at times. It is much easier to adapt to balancing demands at home and work than come in to consulting with significant outside demands.

Entry-level in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

A group of friendly and passionate colleagues make day-to-day work fun and exciting.

Comments

Take advantage of the opportunities to meet with, and talk to, current employees.

People, projects, culture

Stress and demands of consulting

Comments

Great place to start and grow your career

Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

a

Executive in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The travel demands are low for the consulting industry. There is not a mentality of "camping out" at client sites. We meet with clients to understand their needs and then we return to our offices to efficiently perform the research and analysis. We update clients via emails and phone calls and infrequent in-person meetings.

Comments

Do your research on the firm so you can articulate your perceptions of how it compares to other healthcare consulting firms.

Executive in Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Health Advances is devoted to providing cutting-edge strategy to companies tackling the most difficult questions and hires the talent to meet those challenges. If you are exceptional in your field and want to challenge yourself everyday, this firm is for you.

Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Exclusive focus on the healthcare industry, very experienced senior partners that are available to everyone in the company, mentorship, early responsibility, and lots of opportunities for client interaction.

Dual-staffing model can mean there are some extremely busy periods; only 2 of the 3 weeks of vacation are at our discretion to schedule; compensation is fair but not exceptional.

Comments

If you are seriously considering Health Advances, think hard about recruiting for an internship - it's the best way to secure an offer. We only do healthcare, so it's important to want that - and to demonstrate from experiences/actions that it's something you're interested in.