Work at Gallup Consulting? Submit a Review

Executive

Comp, lifestyle, prestige, Fortune 500 clients, people

The typical negatives of being a consultant, travel, focusing on waffling clients' needs, etc.

Comments

Gallup goes beyond other firms in terms of autonomy, flexibility, potential for moving up quickly and compensation without having to work 85-100 hours a week. If you are a high performer, you can be promoted much more quickly than at other companies, and work in leadership roles across the company. Your work will be based on research rather than case studies and the consulting will have a direct impact on client business.

Experienced

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and our firm's mission orientation.

Comments

We are different from the traditional consulting firm, given our area of expertise (behavioral economics), pay structure, culture, and career path. I would encourage you to dig deeper into these differences and then determine if this is the right place for you.

Executive

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The purpose/mission of our company and the talent of the people with whom I work.

I can't think of any.

Comments

A candidate should see if his/her mission in life matches that of our company. Second, the candidate should see if he/she can visualize the day to day work they would be doing and determine if it would be satisfying to them.

Experienced in Operations

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

A great place to work! The culture is amazing!

Midlevel in Management

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the mission/belief of the work, the impact we truly make on our clients.

Comments

Be yourself the entire way through the interview process. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable being their authentic selves.

Experienced in Management

Toronto | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You can carve your own career path - there is significant opportunity to grow. Career progression is less structured than other consulting organizations.

Comments

Gallup is not a typically consulting company - it combines the best of consulting with a culture that supports an entreprenuerial way of thinking. You can carve your path at the organization and will deal with less bureaucracy than the traditional consulting companies. The upside is very high.

Entry-level in Management

Irvine, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

growth and experiences they afford young, fairly inexperience employees whom they know have talent.

Comments

If you are looking for a job where you can put in your 8 hours everyday and unplug, Gallup is not the place for you. Gallup is looking for people who are passionate about what they are doing and are willing and able to work as long as they need to make the most powerful impact with their clients. Gallup is also a very relationship-oriented culture. A lot of your project depend on the reputation you have at work and how pleasant your are to work with.

Midlevel in Management

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture, the smart and hard-working people, the friendships and relationships I've made and how much I enjoy my work

Comments

I think it would be helpful to know that at Gallup you come in and have immediate opportunities to create an impact on our clients. You are expected to own your engagement, your growth and your career path...but with a wonderful network of support around that responsibility. If you are genuine, smart, hard-working, have a knack for getting things "just perfect" and want to be a leader you will enjoy great success at Gallup!

Executive in Strategy

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

Juniors

Comments

Fantastic brand with great work experiences. Non heiarchial culture

Experienced in Management

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Independence and reward for working hard. Gives you every opportunity to be successful. The best strength of the organization, though, is the quality of the coworkers and their passion and dedication. I've stayed with the firm for so long because i'm treated with respect and have coworkers who are passionate and dedicated.

As we grow, we have to necessarily adjust to larger organization requirements (timesheets and some rules that are necessary for work with large organizations and governmental agencies). But the other strengths far outweigh these things. In almost all cases, changes are explained and put in context so that people know why

Comments

Gallup is an organization that values work and values wellbeing. We work hard but are also social. Our organization is innovative, always working to be the gold standard of measurement, consulting, and change management. Our goal is to create real impact in organizations and eventually the world. We are science-based, but applied. Probably the greatest strength of Gallup is the quality of its associates...very passionate and dedicated. We hire great people.