Work at Gallup Consulting? Submit a Review

Experienced in Human Resources

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working with highly competent and very talented teammates. Pay for performance. Being encouraged to breathe life into my bright ideas.

Comments

When interviewing, speak your truth. Be your true self. Don't say what you think the interviewer wants you to say. Be yourself from start to finish.

San Francisco, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

There are never ending opportunities to learn new and interesting things.

Comments

To succeed at Gallup, you must fundamentally believe in the philosophy, science, and mission. If you don't, you will never be successful. If you do, then that will provide necessary fuel that you would not otherwise get at other firms, and your opportunities will be limitless.

Midlevel in Management

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great practice area expertise and incredible culture.

Other | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

An extremely nice working environment where from day one you will be valued as a person not just as an employee. It is expected that you will happily stay with the firm for many years and your well-being is a priority for your manager. You are not expected to work crazy hours and be promoted or leave in 2 years. Generally the offices all over the world are very good - unlike in many other consulting firms here you will have your desk and starting from the level of consultant most probably your own room. Gallup is different from traditional consulting firms in many aspects - so I would recommend to have a chat with some Gallup associates before getting involved into the recruitment process (which is very rigour).

Executive

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The leadership group allows me to do what I do best. I also get to work on what I am most passionate about.

Nothing

Comments

Gallup has completely changed its culture where its more focused on going deeper into science and research as well as focusing on helping clients achieve their goals. This has required new talent to go the extra mile. If you are okay with huge independence and big responsibility when you start on the first day, this is the perfect place for you.

Executive in Management

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Quality of associates. High talent, high caliber.

Development and leadership from the Client Development teams has a long ways to go.

Comments

Gallup is very intentional about the culture. Talent Based, Strengths Based, Client Centric. Unique (but smart) on its views about career development, and leadership opportunities. Make sure to fully educate yourself on their practices before signing on.

Midlevel in Management

Other | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The organisational culture - which strives to create impact above all else.

Comments

This is truly a 'bigger picture' consulting environment - which comes with enormous challenges and responsibility.

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

autonomy, and ability to play key client facing roles early on

flat org structure with limited long-term advancement

Comments

Gallup performs very well as a small business. Despite the economy from 2008-2011, I was well rewarded, including the opportunity to own company stock, which has had very strong returns over the past 5 years.

Executive

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comp, lifestyle, prestige, Fortune 500 clients, people

The typical negatives of being a consultant, travel, focusing on waffling clients' needs, etc.

Comments

Gallup goes beyond other firms in terms of autonomy, flexibility, potential for moving up quickly and compensation without having to work 85-100 hours a week. If you are a high performer, you can be promoted much more quickly than at other companies, and work in leadership roles across the company. Your work will be based on research rather than case studies and the consulting will have a direct impact on client business.

Experienced

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and our firm's mission orientation.

Comments

We are different from the traditional consulting firm, given our area of expertise (behavioral economics), pay structure, culture, and career path. I would encourage you to dig deeper into these differences and then determine if this is the right place for you.