Work at Gallup Consulting? Submit a Review

Do As We Say, Never As We Do

March 2015 | Former Employee

Exciting philosophy; great independence for high achievers; beautiful offices; good reputation

Family management; weak leadership; calcified innovation engine; black eyes around integrity of data and business practices

Comments

Don't go. You are likely to be managed poorly, or just ignored. You will receive responsibility, but, likely, little resource or authority to achieve your goals. Despite the company's former leadership in measuring and consulting on employee engagement, Gallup shows little interest or ability to engage and retain many of its best and brightest.

Experienced in Human Resources

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working with highly competent and very talented teammates. Pay for performance. Being encouraged to breathe life into my bright ideas.

Comments

When interviewing, speak your truth. Be your true self. Don't say what you think the interviewer wants you to say. Be yourself from start to finish.

Experienced in Management

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Gallup associates are extremely talented, driven, caring and committed to clients and our work.

Comments

Gallup is an amazing organization with dedicated, caring, talented and driven individuals. Gallup practices what it preaches and is committed to providing cutting edge, reasearch based, customized management consulting solutions for clients. It has an engaging, family-like culture and it truly is a great place to work.

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture, the smart and hard-working people, the friendships and relationships I've made and how much I enjoy my work

Comments

I think it would be helpful to know that at Gallup you come in and have immediate opportunities to create an impact on our clients. You are expected to own your engagement, your growth and your career path...but with a wonderful network of support around that responsibility. If you are genuine, smart, hard-working, have a knack for getting things "just perfect" and want to be a leader you will enjoy great success at Gallup!

Other | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The organisational culture - which strives to create impact above all else.

Comments

This is truly a 'bigger picture' consulting environment - which comes with enormous challenges and responsibility.

Executive

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The purpose/mission of our company and the talent of the people with whom I work.

I can't think of any.

Comments

A candidate should see if his/her mission in life matches that of our company. Second, the candidate should see if he/she can visualize the day to day work they would be doing and determine if it would be satisfying to them.

Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the mission/belief of the work, the impact we truly make on our clients.

Comments

Be yourself the entire way through the interview process. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable being their authentic selves.

Experienced in Management

Omaha, NE | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

autonomy, and ability to play key client facing roles early on

flat org structure with limited long-term advancement

Comments

Gallup performs very well as a small business. Despite the economy from 2008-2011, I was well rewarded, including the opportunity to own company stock, which has had very strong returns over the past 5 years.

Entry-level in Management

Irvine, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Wonderful culture and developmental opportunities

None

Comments

It's important to prepare for your interview, get your hands on our book "First, Break all the Rules" and look into the research around Behavioral Economics.

Experienced in Human Resources

Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Excellent culture that focuses on Strengths rather than weaknesses