Work at Deloitte Consulting LLP? Submit a Review

Good for resume, bad for work/life balance

July 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great people and learning opportunities. Amazing resources and access to clients as well.

Like most consultancies, work/life balance takes the hit...be ready to travel!

Comments

Mant people say "become famous for something" in consulting. Yes, this is true, but if you're not really passionate about (or well-versed in) your chosen niche, you will be found out. So if you don't know what you want to focus on, try to get exposure to as many different opportunities as possible.

Former Employee

July 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Firm has fantastic benefits. Majority of the people are intelligent so they challenge you.

Managers and above do not seem genuinely empathetic or concerned about the well-being of their employees. Any actions they focus on are about getting more revenue, which is the way they get promoted. Promotions are too structured and not transparent enough for new hires. The different career tracks are not explained well in comparison to one another. You're basically on call 24/7.

Comments

If you don't agree with or follow the Deloitte culture brand, you won't survive long at the firm. Too much cookie cutter brainwashing, if you ask me. As a big company, it has tried it's best to tame the beast by breaking it up into smaller pieces but it doesn't help. It was still overwhelming even after a year at the firm. It is incredibly easy to feel lost if you don't know someone already. I wish they had held true to their mentorship idea but I never had one. I left because everyone was out for themselves and didn't care for or about others. No sense of teamwork on my projects.

Life in Deloitte ERP Practice

May 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Money, infrastructure, appearance of a culture of inclusion and diversity (but lacking in practice in my opinion)

Work environment feels dull and lacks any fun. Staff seem to like operating in chaos vs being proactive and planning. There's a lack of compassion in general for people. It's up to you to get work. You will be judged on how you fit on and how successful you were at getting staffed.

If you don't fit into the culture you simply will have a very difficult time in my opinion.

Comments

Deloitte corporate needs to apply their principles and values at the individual practice level ans actively audit those practices.

Great First job

March 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great training
Great people: smart and hard working
Great experience

Travel can get to be tough
Hours can get to be long

Comments

Ask a lot of questions about the specific practice you'll be working in. Different practice areas can have very different cultures and norms, leading to different experiences.

Senior Consultant

March 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

great culture, meritocracy, big firm small feel, inclusive corporate environment

project work is hit or miss! it could be 1+year engagements

Comments

MBA is the best way to enter Deloitte. If you intern at Deloitte, they will usually pay for 1 year of your tuition

One of the best consulting firms

December 2014 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Work with energetic and talented people who really seem to enjoy their work.

Long hours of working, working with workaholics and competitive people.

Comments

Just be straight forward and show them who you are.

Executive in Human Resources

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The People I work with and the culture we have

traveling to our clients

Midlevel in Strategy

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging, but learn a ton! Great foundation to learn the skills needed to succeed in ANY field.

Executive in Government/Public Sector

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Large enough for everyone to find their own path, coupled with a culture that supports the individual

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, Breadth of experiences, Industry expertise, focus on providing value for clients, top talent

travel