Work at Deloitte Consulting LLP? Submit a Review

Experience hire

March 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Incredibly smart peers and great perks and decent benefits. Salary was lower than I hoped.

Poor leadership and management at the Manger/project leads in my personal experience.

Comments

Have someone refer you rather than coming through a recruiting program, you'll have more negotiating room on salary.

Unprofessional aggression

February 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

good money, good experience, exposure to business issues, great benefits

no work life balance, stressful situations caused by leaders who dont care for their people

Comments

good to start your career with and stick for 3-4 years

A leader among leaders

February 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The intellectual challenge provided by the firm, based on the the size and business problems addressed is significant.

Most of the people are highly skilled, smart and capable of pulling together amazing solutions for clients

In a project environment, hours can be long, but it's really dependent on the style of the project leader and the type of project.

Deloitte seems to over sell and understaff, passing the risk and stress to deliver onto an understaffed project team.

Comments

Be ready to work hard and come to the table with a point of view.

Quickly learn the Deloitte way to get things done. It'll make the transition much easier.

Deloitte isn't an easy place to come to as an experienced hire; it's the area of highest turnover. Experienced hire integration at Deloitte is lacking. Speaking to a partner in a meeting with 5 other managers, one peer referred to use in the office as the "survivors."

Amazing place to start your Consulting Career !

February 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The sheer size of the firm means that there are a lot of options and flexibility. Specifically the S&O practice is a very closely knit group with great mentorship opportunities.

As the firm steadily moves up the value chain, project are slowly evolving from a pure operational role to one that involves pure strategy as well.

Comments

Please reach out to your alumni. The firm has been very aggressive in hiring as it takes away market from MBB. There is always an opportunity around the corner.

Deloitte Consulting

January 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

- Good training ground to start your career.
- Breadth of possible project exposure

- Need to know the right teams / partners to get on interesting projects
- Lots of cost reduction / operational projects, and only some interesting true "strategy" projects

Comments

Great company to start your career at. Has been recruiting aggressively to keep up with project demand. Big emphasis on non-project related work (firm engagement) to get ahead.

Great firm where they will prepare you to be the next leader.

Experienced in IT Strategy | Parsippany, NJ | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Employee first and puts lots of importance on work-life fit.

Experienced in Management

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and the People

I found the exact job for which I was looking.

Experienced in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture.

The performance management system.

Comments

You have to think about consulting in the long term. It might not payoff today or tomorrow, but it will payoff in the future.

18 years of professional growth as a client leader and innovator to solve some fo the worlds complex supply chain problems

Partner in Business Operations | Kansas City, MO | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, Focus on Excellence, Impact we Make

Dealing with independence due to audit clients

Comments

Deloitte has amazing people who work hard and play hard. We invest heavily in our people and we have a culture of apprenticeship and collegiality. Our firm this thinking bold about investments and innovation and reshaping the consulting landscape. Our client love Deloitte because we help them solve the most complex problems and we do it with them as partners and we have the ability to go from strategy through all aspects of implement. At Deloitte you actually get to see the impact of what you consulting on within the business, not just leave a strategy report on a desk.

Deloitte makes all of the aspects of a fantastic career available to you and empowers you to pursue them at your will.

Experienced in Retail & Consumer Goods | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Available opportunities (professional projects), learning and development, and quality of the workforce

Can be large and overwhelming, making it difficult to wade through everything at the beginning and know what you need to pay attention to and what you don't

Comments

Very flexible about working arrangements, very personable partners, and plenty of opportunities to learn/develop and network. It really is what you make of it here. They put all of the pieces in place for you. As a private company, it is not subject to the whim of quarterly Wall Street objectives.