Work at Censeo Consulting Group? Submit a Review

Partner in Government/Public Sector

Culture, Work-Life Balance, Interesting Work

Management stretched too thin

Comments

If candidates value work-life balance, a relaxed culture and living in the Washington DC area, but still like being challenged, this is the ideal consulting firm.

Midlevel in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture and work-life balance

Lack of formal training

Experienced in Business Operations

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and the commitment to caring about individuals

The range of projects may be more limited than larger firms

Comments

If you are joining a consulting firm with an exit strategy already in mind, the Censeo is probably not the best fit for you. However, if you are looking to build meaningful relationship, improve yourself, and work on projects where you feel like you are positively impacting society, then I can't think of a better plan than Censeo.

Experienced in Government/Public Sector

The people

The stress

Comments

Censeo values its employees highly and expects its employees to value the firm and its commitments highly as well. You can gain valuable experience here, but it should not be viewed as a short-term stepping stone position (where you get in, advance and get out quick). Those are not the type of people the firm is looking for and hopes that the values and benefits it provides clearly show that.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm fundimentally cares about it's people, and about making the world a better place

Our aspirations sometimes exceed what we are operationally capable of

Comments

A great place to work full of great people

Executive in Management

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very smart, down-to-earth and hardworking colleagues - with great sense of humor ans self-awareness

Midlevel in Government/Public Sector

Culture, flexibility, work quality, responsibility, opportunity

relatively unknown firm

Comments

Culture, flexibility, work quality, responsibility, opportunity

Experienced in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

offer me flexible work schedule

spikes in hours

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility, work-life balance, entrepreneurial spirit, merit-based promotion with no up or out policy, ability to be part of a growing and dynamic firm

Less formal training than larger firms

Comments

Censeo is dynamic and growing but still relatively small. This is a great place for people at all levels who really want to own and drive theri career to thrive. It is very colegial and very entrepreneurial. This is good for those looking for a lot of responsibility early in their career and an ability to shape bot htheir career and the firm. It is not a place where it is easy to work in the background and "lay low" - given our size an growth aspirations we expect a lot from each of our team members and in exchange they get maximum flexibility and responsibility to help grow the firm and themselves. I have found it a "liberating" place to work and always tell people I never knew what I was missing not working for a smaller firm uuntil I did.

I would also tell people that our strong public sector focus should not be seen as a negative, although it is seen as such by some when comparing firms. The Federal space in particular is made up of some of the most complex organizations in the world, with spending and operational/logistical challenges that rival any Fortune 500 company. The challenges we work on for our Federal clients are no less complex - in fact they are often even more challenging and complex - than the work I have done in the private sector. Censeo does not do "staff augmentation" where we park poeple on site in government offices for months or years like some government focused firms do. We are strategic and operational consultants focused on very senior level strategic issues and while we do have a strong focus on implementation and results, we do not embed our people into government operations. Rather we retain a strategic advisory role throughout the process, helping guide our clients to better results through focused execution. I note this key difference because some government focused firms have a reputation for staff augmentation work (e.g., Booz Allen, CACI, etc) and Censeo does not do that type of staff augmentation support - our focus is more strategic.

work life balance