Work at Censeo Consulting Group? Submit a Review

Executive in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility, work-life balance, entrepreneurial spirit, merit-based promotion with no up or out policy, ability to be part of a growing and dynamic firm

Less formal training than larger firms

Comments

Censeo is dynamic and growing but still relatively small. This is a great place for people at all levels who really want to own and drive theri career to thrive. It is very colegial and very entrepreneurial. This is good for those looking for a lot of responsibility early in their career and an ability to shape bot htheir career and the firm. It is not a place where it is easy to work in the background and "lay low" - given our size an growth aspirations we expect a lot from each of our team members and in exchange they get maximum flexibility and responsibility to help grow the firm and themselves. I have found it a "liberating" place to work and always tell people I never knew what I was missing not working for a smaller firm uuntil I did.

I would also tell people that our strong public sector focus should not be seen as a negative, although it is seen as such by some when comparing firms. The Federal space in particular is made up of some of the most complex organizations in the world, with spending and operational/logistical challenges that rival any Fortune 500 company. The challenges we work on for our Federal clients are no less complex - in fact they are often even more challenging and complex - than the work I have done in the private sector. Censeo does not do "staff augmentation" where we park poeple on site in government offices for months or years like some government focused firms do. We are strategic and operational consultants focused on very senior level strategic issues and while we do have a strong focus on implementation and results, we do not embed our people into government operations. Rather we retain a strategic advisory role throughout the process, helping guide our clients to better results through focused execution. I note this key difference because some government focused firms have a reputation for staff augmentation work (e.g., Booz Allen, CACI, etc) and Censeo does not do that type of staff augmentation support - our focus is more strategic.

Entry-level in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, work/life balance, access to leadership, mentoring

working with the government can oftentimes be tricky, but it makes the results that much more impressive

Comments

government consulting (though may evolve)

high growth potential

great people and culture

work/life balance arguably better than any other consulting firm of this caliber

opportunities for advancement

can have meaningful impact on direction of firm and future growth

Experienced in Government/Public Sector

Working at home

Demanding work schedule

Comments

Very good culture for a management consulting firm, work is challenging and rewarding

Midlevel in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging and interesting work; Good work life balance

Limited International Presence; Thehe coule be more variety in the types of projects

Experienced in Government/Public Sector

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture, work/life balance

Experienced in Business Operations

The people

the commute

Comments

Censeo is a great place to work if you value a more balanced work/life mix but still a challenging and rewarding work life. Great people and interesting work.

Entry-level in Government/Public Sector

Midlevel in Government/Public Sector

Growing. Innovative. Flexible. Quality. Young. Work Life Balance

Midlevel in Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Definitely get to know the culture of the people. One of the best things about Censeo is the people that work there and making sure that you fit well should be as big a priority for you as it is for the firm in the recruiting process.