Work at Censeo Consulting Group? Submit a Review

Experienced in Business Operations

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great culture, great environment, nice people

Scaling and managing growth, still trying to find our way as we become larger

Comments

Censeo is a great place for those that are looking for a place where they can have a meaningful consulting experience in terms of professional growth and personal relationships.

Intern in Management

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Excellent work life balance while still delivering exceptional results to interesting clients.

Lack of formal development

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, quality of life, benefits

Very narrow practice area

Comments

Understand what work you're signing up for. Censeo is an amazing place to work from a personal perspective, but you have to be comfortable with doing federal procurement.

Experienced in Government/Public Sector

People, culture, results

Experienced in Government/Public Sector

Culture, People, Helping Government cust costs/become more efficient

Dealing with erratic government clients

Comments

Censeo is a hidden gem. Learn from senior staff that came from elite firms (McK, BCG, Bain, Booz, ATK, Alix) and work in an collegial environment that will challenge you to grow both your analytical and soft skills, while allowing you to have a social life in one of the world's greatest cities, Washington DC.

Midlevel

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, work/life balance, responsibility (both on projects and with internal initiatives), the sense that your ceiling is only determined by you

Narrow client base (99% government)

Comments

Be honest with yourself with what you are looking for in a potential employer. Censeo is many great things, but it is also not many things. It's not the most prestigious outside it's own world, you won't be exposed to the same variety of projects as you might elsewhere, you will have very little commercial exposure. Determine for yourself if the pros outweigh the cons.

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and the people

The occassional growing pains

Work Life Balace; very smart people who are grounded

breadth of project work

Entry-level in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, work/life balance, access to leadership, mentoring

working with the government can oftentimes be tricky, but it makes the results that much more impressive

Comments

government consulting (though may evolve)

high growth potential

great people and culture

work/life balance arguably better than any other consulting firm of this caliber

opportunities for advancement

can have meaningful impact on direction of firm and future growth

Executive in Government/Public Sector

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility, work-life balance, entrepreneurial spirit, merit-based promotion with no up or out policy, ability to be part of a growing and dynamic firm

Less formal training than larger firms

Comments

Censeo is dynamic and growing but still relatively small. This is a great place for people at all levels who really want to own and drive theri career to thrive. It is very colegial and very entrepreneurial. This is good for those looking for a lot of responsibility early in their career and an ability to shape bot htheir career and the firm. It is not a place where it is easy to work in the background and "lay low" - given our size an growth aspirations we expect a lot from each of our team members and in exchange they get maximum flexibility and responsibility to help grow the firm and themselves. I have found it a "liberating" place to work and always tell people I never knew what I was missing not working for a smaller firm uuntil I did.

I would also tell people that our strong public sector focus should not be seen as a negative, although it is seen as such by some when comparing firms. The Federal space in particular is made up of some of the most complex organizations in the world, with spending and operational/logistical challenges that rival any Fortune 500 company. The challenges we work on for our Federal clients are no less complex - in fact they are often even more challenging and complex - than the work I have done in the private sector. Censeo does not do "staff augmentation" where we park poeple on site in government offices for months or years like some government focused firms do. We are strategic and operational consultants focused on very senior level strategic issues and while we do have a strong focus on implementation and results, we do not embed our people into government operations. Rather we retain a strategic advisory role throughout the process, helping guide our clients to better results through focused execution. I note this key difference because some government focused firms have a reputation for staff augmentation work (e.g., Booz Allen, CACI, etc) and Censeo does not do that type of staff augmentation support - our focus is more strategic.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)