Work at Bates White Economic Consulting? Submit a Review

I've learned a huge amount in every discipline I'm interested in.

Midlevel in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work life balance is generally very good and we are rewarded substantially when it is not. Our sponsor based career development system is excellent.

Good management means really high stress long weeks are rare, but the flipside of that is you can sometimes have many 50+ hour weeks in a row.

Comments

This is an excellent first job out of college. You get paid well, you learn a lot, management is great, and you can either make a career here or leave and do whatever you want (there are some jobs strategy consultants are qualified for you that you aren't, but you'll have a significant advantage getting anything involving data).

Midlevel in Economic

The people.

Challenging and rewarding!

Other in Energy & Utilities | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The work itself and the people I'm working with

nothing that I can point a finger at, frankly - I am a relatively new employee

Comments

Having worked as a consultant elsewhere - this is probably as good as it can get.

Bates White provides opportunities needed to succeed

Experienced in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

Sometime long hours

Perfectly positioned for any future career path

Entry-level in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture; exit opportunities; learning on the job; responsibilities given to new staff

unpredictable hours

Comments

If you like economics and getting your hands dirty dealing with data then econ consulting is a good fit

Experienced in Economic

The people.

Work life balance can be difficult at times. Compensation is fair, but it can still be strenuous.

Comments

Bates White can serve as a great short term OR long term option. Many consultants have left for prestigious graduate programs or Fortune 500 companies, while those that want to continue to move up the ranks are afforded the chance to do so by the firm's organic growth model.

The ability to succeed

Entry-level in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The collegial atmosphere - the firm is very friendly, and the employees routinely hang-out after work and on the weekends; we genuinely enjoy spending time with each other.

The hours can be sporadic and it is not always clear that your efforts are appreciated

Bates White is a collaborative, philanthropic, creative environment where employees are challenged in new ways everyday.

Entry-level in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the environment, and the free food/beverage!

It is not in the field I would ultimately like to work in.

The firm genuinely cares about my job satisfaction and well-being. I've thoroughly enjoyed many of the people I've worked with--very down-to-earth.

Entry-level in Economic | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. The PTO/working hours system.

Unpredictable hours

Comments

If you are interested in working with data to tell a story, you are half way there. We are also interested in folks that fit the firm culture of ambitious yet humble.

Entry-level in Energy & Utilities

Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working with some of the smartest people in the industry. Everyone is happy to be at work.