Work at Bates White Economic Consulting? Submit a Review

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Balanced lifestyle. Engaging work. Highly prestigious. Amazing collegiality. Opportunities for growth.

Comments

This is a great firm to work at if you want a balanced life that gives you an engaging experience.

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Very interesting work, collegial environment, and opportunities for personal development

Comments

If you like rigorous, data driven quantitative analyses, Bates White is a great place to work. If the word 'data' makes you feel uncomfortable, Bates White is not the place for you.

Executive in Economic

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The types of problems we get -- hard, interesting; the coworkers and clients we get to work on them with -- smart, creative, curious; the flexibility of our work when demands are not high

Learning to balance work and life

Comments

You should only get into this career if you want to do this work, as it's hard work. The rewards are intellectual and financial, but they demand effort. People who aren't motivated to solve hard problems and learn new skills in the process of doing so won't do well here.

2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Our work is always interesting, the environment couldn't be better, and I am proud that we do such excellent work.

We aren't well known, and many people have no idea what economic consulting is

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Intellectually challenging environment, great colleagues, huge firm investment in each employee.

Tough to maintain a work life balance during times of high workloads.

The people

The hours

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Career development and firm culture

Office mobility and lack of compensation negotiation

Comments

Do your research on what we do, know who we are. We will probe your answers, don't try to fit all of your interviews to the same script.

Experienced in Economic

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The array of interesting and callengin cases

The some times very long hours necessary

Comments

The most important factor about finding a job is whether the person is going to be able to become part of the team (what many people call "good fit"). Most of the time, it's not about ability but about being a good match for the job.

The people and culture

Experienced in Economic

The people

Lawyers

Comments

Try to look at the following at any company and then compare to Bates White - the respect given to junior staff (e.g., check the office space given to consultants), the opportunities for advancement, the level of participation in nonbillable activities by senior people (e.g., training, volunteer work, staff development), client-sharing, and tenure of the junior staff. I thinlk our partners have found a terrific mix of running a profitable business while sharing rewards.