Work at Alvarez & Marsal? Submit a Review

opportunities abound

December 2014 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

A&M has a strong culture, where analysts/ consultants are given opportunities well above their pay grade and an entrepreneurial spirit still exists.

A&M has an incredible mentoring culture. Every analyst/ consultant has a mentor who is a partner or Sr. Director. They genuinely care about their mentee's careers and lives. I speak with my mentor on a weekly basis to talk about work and just catch up.

Exposure to senior executives (titles starting with C and VP) is common. I've had 7 projects thus far and I was working directly for a CPO, COO or VP on 4/7.

Pay is below industry standard for entry level positions. Base pay is ~$10K less than most major firms. While there is opportunity for higher bonus than others (up to 40% on base), this rarely happens. Bonuses are in-line or slightly above industry standard.

Comments

Although the vast majority of analysts/ consultants come in off campus, it's not very difficult to come in as an experienced analyst/ consultant.

Entry-level in IT Strategy

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Best problems, best people

Brand Recognition

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

It has the best people, the best clients, pays the best and the best culture.

Nothing. I love my firm

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Solid leadeship and strong brand

Comments

My only regret is that I stayed in Big 4 too long and did not join Alvarez and Marsal earlier in my career.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Most of the professionals are extremely helpful and the fact that you can speak with the owners directly is a good thing for the morale of the staff

n/a

Partner in Management

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Becasue we are recognized as a leader in many consulting areas of expertise, our assignments are the most challenging and rewarding

Pre conceaved notions about our capabilities which are incorrect

Comments

We are the fastest growing consulting firm in the world. There is no consulting firm with a flatter management structure. We are building a glolbal powerhouse.

Experienced in IT Strategy

Culture

Getting plugged into opportunities

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture, nature of the work

Travel requirements

Comments

Although all companies say they value culture and are different, our company really does walk the walk. I can't say enough about the quality of the people and the leadership team and the value that is placed on doing the right thing for our people.

Partner in Business Operations