Work at Alvarez & Marsal? Submit a Review

opportunities abound

December 2014 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

A&M has a strong culture, where analysts/ consultants are given opportunities well above their pay grade and an entrepreneurial spirit still exists.

A&M has an incredible mentoring culture. Every analyst/ consultant has a mentor who is a partner or Sr. Director. They genuinely care about their mentee's careers and lives. I speak with my mentor on a weekly basis to talk about work and just catch up.

Exposure to senior executives (titles starting with C and VP) is common. I've had 7 projects thus far and I was working directly for a CPO, COO or VP on 4/7.

Pay is below industry standard for entry level positions. Base pay is ~$10K less than most major firms. While there is opportunity for higher bonus than others (up to 40% on base), this rarely happens. Bonuses are in-line or slightly above industry standard.

Comments

Although the vast majority of analysts/ consultants come in off campus, it's not very difficult to come in as an experienced analyst/ consultant.

Experienced in Strategy

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and my colleagues

Comments

Talk to the new consultants and see how they value the culture of the firm

Entry-level in IT Strategy

People, Lifestyle, Pay

Bare Bones Back-office

Partner in Health Care and/or Pharmaceuticals

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture, nature of the work

Travel requirements

Comments

Although all companies say they value culture and are different, our company really does walk the walk. I can't say enough about the quality of the people and the leadership team and the value that is placed on doing the right thing for our people.

Experienced in Business Operations

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

N/A

Partner in IT Strategy

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging, continue to grow and learn

Just starting out

Comments

Culture can't be beat.

Experienced in Business Operations

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, change in projects and challenges

Travel - but I signed up knowing this, it is just unique to this industry as a whole

Comments

The real question is do you want to control your career or do want other people you don't get to know well to control your career

Partner in Management

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Becasue we are recognized as a leader in many consulting areas of expertise, our assignments are the most challenging and rewarding

Pre conceaved notions about our capabilities which are incorrect

Comments

We are the fastest growing consulting firm in the world. There is no consulting firm with a flatter management structure. We are building a glolbal powerhouse.

Entry-level

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

travel, the clients, my intelligent and passionately curious coworkers, the unique approach to problem solving that we employ, the diamond structure, the fact that we don't use a staff augmentation model, the fact that we can make interim management decisions because we are not affiliated with an accounting practice, the implementation aspects of our client work

who / when a person gets staffed and / or promoted are often subjective decisions