The Blackstone Group

4.4 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 95 Employee Reviews)

Work at The Blackstone Group? Log in to Submit a Review

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Exit opportunities, lifestyle, intelligent people

Typical complaints of banking still can apply - hours, etc.

Comments

at the analyst level, I'd look at the actual day-to-day responsibility that we're given. In addition, the exit opportunities are at the top

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenges and intellectual horsepower. Helping clients.

Hours and lifestyle can be challenging.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people and interesting work

Hours driven by client needs

Comments

This is a great place to work. Blackstone has all the resources and benefits of a large firm, but with a "mentorship" culture that encourages the best out of everyone.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Unirvaled intellectual capital across various business segments

Never a minute of downtime

Comments

Gain significant exposure to Blackstone's various business segments, including private equity and restructuring.

Exposure to some of the most accomplished leaders in financial services.

Constant explosure to clients, partners and various groups within Blackstone.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Learning opportunities, people, perks, compensation, general experience -- but mostly the people

the hours

Comments

It's an incredible firm. Take an offer here.

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Extremely talented people, blue chip client base, frequently work on extremely complex situations vs. standard sell side or buy side engagements, lots of opportunity for upward mobility

Couldn't be happier with Blackstone

Comments

Blackstone's analyst / associate classes are filled with people focused on learning as much as possible, like being surrounded by the best and the brightest, want a lot of responsibility, and enjoy working hard (instead of trying to avoid it)

Responsibility, people. learning experience

Lack of control over your life

Comments

Compensation should not be a driving decision maker - it's early in your career and the most important thing is how much you can learn. That latter point comes down to people, responsibility and quality of work your company brings in.

Compensation, people, client access

certain people, unpredictable hours

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Hours are pretty reasonable, work is very interesting, analysts are given tremendous responsibility.

The culture is on the decline, leadership does not understand how to motivate analysts at all, compensation has become tiered, benefit structure is on the decline

Comments

If I had to choose an investment banking program, I would choose the two Blackstone groups again over any other firm / group without thinking twice. If you get an offer here and you're serious about sticking around in the world of finance, you come here. The doors this place opens and the on-the-job training, level of responsibility, and complexity of work you get here are absolutely unparalleled anywhere else on the Street. The exit opportunities are really the absolute best. Every single analyst that leaves here gets a top-tier job. Analysts at the other good banks / groups (GS TMT, GS FIG, MS M&A, MS Media, Moelis, Evercore) also get great exits, but it's not EVERY SINGLE ANALYST.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

thrown straight into the deep-end, great if you can handle a lot of responsibility; amazing exit opportunities; great culture (seriously, don't believe the blogs)