Perella Weinberg Partners

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 82 Employee Reviews)

Work at Perella Weinberg Partners? Log in to Submit a Review

Compensation and deal flow

Hours associated with deal flow

Comments

I believe that there is a lot of mis-information out about PWP, specifically on WSO. PWP does allow recruiters and places very well. I do not know of a single analyst looking for buyside that was unable to obtain a respectable offer, but many choose to go the HBS route. At the end of the day, if PWP does 8 major deals per year, every analyst is covered and compensation is never a complaint.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great collegial culture, excellent deal experience, and all-cash compensation

As with any boutique, the back office support (IT, printing dept, etc.) is sub-par. No research department; all work is done by the analysts and associates

Comments

Make sure to meet as many employees as possible before deciding to accept any job offer. Try to envision what it would be like working long hours with these people and what type of projects they actually worked on in the past. Forget about the name of the firm, its prestige and everthing else. Simply try to guage whether you will be satisfied and happy on both a personal and a professional level with whatever firm you decide to join.

culture

Comments

very high quality wprk experience

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Focus on M&A and restructuring advisory. Much closer interaction with senior bankers and clients compared to larger firms.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great deal flow, people and exit opportunities. Competes with the biggest and best on the Street, but within a closer group with greater senior level interaction.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Boutique environment, people (true team environment), no heirarchy / senior exposure, dealflow, compensation

Still relatively small platform with limited global scale, but growing

Comments

Strong and interesting dealflow, focused business model, growing rapidly but in a controlled manner (no hire and fire mentality), exceptional senior attention, colleagues respect eachother and are not competitors, compensation is consistently strong (not volatile), employees are generally happy and not frustrated like at most Wall Street competitors

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flat culture, each deal / pitch is interesting / different and teaches you something new, no face-time

Hours (but they are probably worse at other bulge brackets)

Comments

Each situation requires a unique analysis that you do from scratch. Elsewhere, it is churning the same book for multiple firms using model templates etc.

It is banking after all so be prepared to work hard. having said that, there is no concept of face time. if you are done with work at 7PM, you can feel free to leave without being judged.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great relationship with senior bankers, great compensation, and great work life balance (particularly for a highly prestigious boutique)

Not a core target for buyside opportunities means having to work harder

Comments

Highly competitive and technical process (more so than most other banks) but worth the extra effort -- great compensation and work-life balance

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great firm culture, lean deal teams so you learn a lot, and great perks!

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Program