Perella Weinberg Partners

4.1 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 68 Employee Reviews)

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great deal flow, people and exit opportunities. Competes with the biggest and best on the Street, but within a closer group with greater senior level interaction.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Boutique environment, people (true team environment), no heirarchy / senior exposure, dealflow, compensation

Still relatively small platform with limited global scale, but growing

Comments

Strong and interesting dealflow, focused business model, growing rapidly but in a controlled manner (no hire and fire mentality), exceptional senior attention, colleagues respect eachother and are not competitors, compensation is consistently strong (not volatile), employees are generally happy and not frustrated like at most Wall Street competitors

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flat culture, each deal / pitch is interesting / different and teaches you something new, no face-time

Hours (but they are probably worse at other bulge brackets)

Comments

Each situation requires a unique analysis that you do from scratch. Elsewhere, it is churning the same book for multiple firms using model templates etc.

It is banking after all so be prepared to work hard. having said that, there is no concept of face time. if you are done with work at 7PM, you can feel free to leave without being judged.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great relationship with senior bankers, great compensation, and great work life balance (particularly for a highly prestigious boutique)

Not a core target for buyside opportunities means having to work harder

Comments

Highly competitive and technical process (more so than most other banks) but worth the extra effort -- great compensation and work-life balance

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great firm culture, lean deal teams so you learn a lot, and great perks!

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Program

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Working closely with the most senior bankers and engaging continuously with clients offers a level of training and development that simply can't be replicated on other platforms.

mentoring, success

Comments

be prepared

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, position in the industry, you get to pitch the deal as well as work on it vs. other firms that might hand it off to another team once you win the mandate

Its a boutique so you have to pull a lot of weight

Comments

If you really want to have ownership in your work and not be completely trapped in the corporate pecking order than this would be the place for you.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great deal flow in an entrepreneurial environment with potential to take on a lot of responsibility.